Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Impie

Surreal Killer (Monster/Weapon WIP)

MQD5Mdd.png

DOWNLOAD

For GZDoom.

3xlUVZQ.png

- New guns! Play a four-armed babe with an attitude and an unusual way of handling firearms!
- New monsters! Self-replicating slimes! Perverted monkey-men! Curly Howard!
- New powerups! Absorb the awesome power of Steven Seagal! Summon 6 goofy allies that may or may not be useful!

Edited by Impie

I like it. Specially how it seems to make things harder, not easier like most gameplay mods.
I might have ran into a problem though, the funkbot has a few music files in his WAD but I didn't get to hear them in E3M8.

Edit: Wait what, an atomic dragon just released little hearts and became friendly to me???

Albertoni said:

I like it. Specially how it seems to make things harder, not easier like most gameplay mods.

Originally I was just replacing monsters, and then thought, "y'know, maybe oughta add some new guns to balance it." And then it all ran away from me at some point.

Albertoni said:

I might have ran into a problem though, the funkbot has a few music files in his WAD but I didn't get to hear them in E3M8.

That's strange. Are you running it in gzdoom? He should play them regardless of the map he's on.

Albertoni said:

Edit: Wait what, an atomic dragon just released little hearts and became friendly to me???

God bless the Rainbow Babe for being so completely fucking broken!

Unless she's not the reason it happened, in which case, crap. What happened when this occurred?

CaptainManiac said:

So far it looks good.Can you add non player characters that despite not being friendly do not prefer to attack the player unless provoked

I could probably do that with additional critters. I was considering adding some monster replacements for common zdoom beasties, so when you play it with certain zdoom mods you get bonus content.

@Impie:
Nevermind, I did some more testing and the reason I wasn't hearing the music is because it was too drowned out by the rockets flying at me lol

As for what happened, yeah, that was the Rainbow Babe. It just really really surprised me at first.

A2Rob said:

This is really neat. Will it be updated further in the future?

I'll update it now and then when I find bugs or think of more weird shit to add.

EDIT: Oh yeah, speaking of, version 1.2 is up. Fixed a few bugs, such as missing face frames. Also made a couple enemies slightly less damaging, added the Skulltag TimeSphere powerup, and added a secret level monster that drops the extra revolver.

EDIT2: Also, for a real interesting time, load up the 1 Monster wad and try it with Surreal Killer.

Made a few updates to the mod, such as making the shotgun-rocket altfire more powerful. Also found another map set that goes well with SK: the equally surreal Gravity. always loved the architecture in this set, and wish there were more than two maps.

Been having issues with that red Jelly ally's duplicates turning on the player randomly. Any suggestions for how to keep them from attacking the player at all?

I changed the voices of the Obliterators to some homemade voice clips I wasn't using. Now both varieties have a distinct voice to recognize them by.

The title is very similiar to Crunchynut's Cereal Killer, and both title screens are jokingly in a quite similiar way.

You forgot that mine is also a Doom mod, JUST LIKE CEREAL KILLER. O_O

I'm toying with other enemy ideas, but I'm not sure how I want to include them since I already replaced all the base doom monsters. My first idea was to make an add-on that replaces the most common zdoom monsters from realm667. I tried including extra monsters like that in the original wad, but the source port complains about missing components.

EDIT: Finally have an imp replacement that suits the mod's general weirdness.

Version 2.1 is out, including an experimental add-on wad that replaces commonly used Decorate monsters from Realm667 (Shadow, Cybruiser, chainsaw zombie, etc).

So far the add-on has been tested and approved for Thunpeak.wad, Sapphire.wad, and Eternal Doom 4.

My other option, instead of replacing common Realm667 monsters, is to randomize certain monster classes and include the new monsters that way (so every imp may turn into a mermaid or a showbiz creep). I'm just not sure if I want it to get THAT chaotic, since they'll be infighting constantly.

Version 2.2 is out!

- Ditched the "add-on" mod and made most of the new monsters into new allies summoned with Phone-a-Phriend. So now there's twice as many weirdo allies to come to your aid, most of them unique from the enemy roster.

- The Joliet Juggernaut has become the new revenant replacement.

- the Cow ally is flagged as friendly so other allies won't attack it.

Edited by Impie