Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
plsmbmp_rude

q3ctf.wad - Quake III CTF

r1RaNhc.png

Hello all :)

This is just a project I've been working on, on and off for the past 2 years. A port of 6 quakelive maps to doom! I got into quakelive CTF and really enjoyed the maps-- and found it wouldnt be too hard to port them to doombuilder. The past 3 months I bit the bullet and was able to crank out 3 more maps.

map01 - Future Crossings by Scancode
map02 - Infinity by cityy
map03 - Ironworks by Method
map04 - Stonekeep by SyncError
map05 - Pillbox by SyncError
map06 - Japanese Castles by g1zm0

Basically Quake 3 uses the same map units as doom (64x64 grid and stuff). So I just copied them from gtkRadiant. The dimensions are identical - barring some minor modding and changing of heights to fit the doom experience.

Theres a server up on ZDaemon: |AA| CTF: Quake 3 by Rude (5v5) [NS]
zds://213.32.22.228:10611 thx Evolution !

Released: https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/deathmatch/Ports/p-r/q3ctf

Cheers!
- Rude

Edited by ultradoom

Neat idea though I've never tried CTF in QL much. The overuse of bridge things looks pretty bad honestly and you probably could have used a better *cough* port.

But I admire the ability to work within your imposed limits and the maps probably play better than they look. I'm sure it's better than FWCTF; eat your heart out capo.

Ru5tK1ng said:

Neat idea though I've never tried CTF in QL much. The overuse of bridge things looks pretty bad honestly and you probably could have used a better *cough* port.

But I admire the ability to work within your imposed limits and the maps probably play better than they look. I'm sure it's better than FWCTF; eat your heart out capo.

Thanks for the feedback Rust. yea Id like to have made the maps without any mods- Im a noob when it comes to zan/gzdoom mapping, Ill have to look into it. Also I recommend QL CTF, similar tactics and speed as doom ctf. Unfortuneatly the Quake CTF scene is dead- even more so than doom.

Eat your heart out capo-- LOL

Quake Live CTF may be dead, but Open Arena has an active non-insta CTF server (and an active instactf server of course, but xonotic becomes an option for that game mode).

ultradoom said:

Updated to q3ctfb2 : https://www.dropbox.com/s/z42dekxspv251m0/q3ctfb2.zip?dl=0

This is probably the last beta version before a final release.

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/deathmatch/Ports/p-r/q3ctf

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

you uploaded an unfinished beta to /idgames?

Protip: Don't be like Chaos Core and call unfinished betas final releases, it really confuses people

Decay said:

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/deathmatch/Ports/p-r/q3ctf

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

you uploaded an unfinished beta to /idgames?

Protip: Don't be like Chaos Core and call unfinished betas final releases, it really confuses people

I uploaded an unfinished beta to idgames, yes. It was a premature release ! I been meaning to request it taken down, keep forgetting tho

I recommend using TSPG or the Doomshack.org file uploader for alpha/beta stuff, they're much easier than updating an idgames file

The newest version of this wad that I played yesterday is leaps and bounds better than the first drafts, but some maps still don't feel that great to me in a Doom setting (particularly the dojo).

Ralphis said:

The newest version of this wad that I played yesterday is leaps and bounds better than the first drafts, but some maps still don't feel that great to me in a Doom setting (particularly the dojo).

I think they have potential. The thunder session was fun but as a serious playtest it was pretty bad. A lot of the matches were 2v3 half the time. These maps have yet to be seriously played at any point. Most of them, if not all, are strat maps. Less fragging and longer flag standoffs, with more emphasis on item pickups. Definitely not for everyone in the doom community!

Very nice routing! I'd love to play these with a group of fellas.

Addendum: I joined Doom February 16th 2016 and missed this thread by six days. I could have been playing this the whole time.

Edited by everennui

3 hours ago, everennui said:

Very nice routing! I'd love to play these with a group of fellas.

Addendum: I joined Doom February 16th 2016 and missed this thread by six days. I could have been playing this the whole time.

hahaha well better late than never I guess :d  if you get some games going let me know, thanks 

Ill try and get some servers up somewhere also