Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
valkiriforce

TNT: Resistance - Released!

UBdTEfh.png

TNT: Resistance is an 8-map vanilla episode for Final Doom's TNT IWAD, featuring maps from various authors. All the maps were tested with Chocolate Doom/chocorenderlimits and should be playable in all source ports (well, almost all).

Maplist:
MAP01: Dynamite by valkiriforce (Complete)
MAP02: Crystal Protocol by AD_79/Alfonzo (Complete)
MAP03: Expressive Overload by valkiriforce (Complete)
MAP04: Algorithm For Chaos by valkiriforce (Complete)
MAP05: Rooted Area by joe-ilya
MAP06: Nukage Filtration by scotty (Complete)
MAP07: Rust Peak by dt_ (Complete)
MAP08: Redemption Reloaded by valkiriforce (Complete)

Screenshots:

Spoiler

164klgb.png

EtR9Fl9.png

iE79dg1.png

hBodMol.png

Nhgnbew.png

9XoJ9f0.png

CzJ6Ly5.png

Edited by valkiriforce

I have the urge to make something short and quick, may I have MAP02? Should (in theory) only take a couple days, then I can get back to bigger stuff that I need to get done.

Can I have a go at map06?

I'm keen on this if you've got a spare slot, haven't mapped legit vanilla in about 13 years

I likely wouldn't have time regqrdless, but as a major fan of TNT I look forward to playing these levels!

I was quite tempted to make something for this even though I have already enough stuff going on. Anyway looking forward to this, it sounds pretty interesting!

Hey guys, I've decided to share what I have of the WAD so far right here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m8y7ugezhcd8c2p/RESIST.wad?dl=0 (updated OP)

I'm doing this because I'm moving to Florida on Wednesday, and I'm uncertain as to when I'll be able to get back to this. I wanted to update at least and post what I have of the WAD so far - I haven't had much of a chance to playtest my levels lately due to how busy I've been so some things might be off here and there, but I'll try and work it out when I have the time. In the meantime I'm hoping we'll see a little more progress with this little project of ours sometime soon.

valkiriforce said:

I'm doing this because I'm moving to Florida on Wednesday, and I'm uncertain as to when I'll be able to get back to this.

You don't say? What part of FL are you moving to?

I did map out the basic layout and architecture so far (inevitably subject to change) but it's still very early days so no point showing any in game shots yet. I always liked the first half of TNT best so expect general influence from the maps in that portion of the wad.

Sorry I've been away - things have been real hectic over here as some you might know (closing escrow and evacuating our new house a couple days later due to Hurricane Matthew, etc. etc.)

I'm curious to know if anyone else involved with this project has anything they'd like to share/update on at this point - obviously I've been too busy otherwise to have much else to show, but my MAP08 I'm working on I was hoping to make a joint effort with someone at some point; so if anyone would like to work with me on it just let me know here. I've still got some things to do with it, but after I'm finished I'm handing the rest over to the next person; I'm making an area that will likely teleport to another destination a la Last Call, and it's likely the next area will be whatever the next mapper would like it to be and that will be the end of it.

Jimp Argon said:

You don't say? What part of FL are you moving to?

I'm now located in Ormond Beach, just north of Daytona Beach.

Sorry to say I haven't even yet started a map for this project, too busy in this period.

If you want, you can go ahead without me...

Fonze shouldn't be allowed to join CPs.

But I do wish the best of luck in making this; really digging the screenies so far! Also glad to hear you didn't blow away with Matthew :)

I've just started a vanilla map using TNT resources inspired by this project (as all the slots were full at my time of writing) - Id like to take the slot if that's ok

Im finished

https://www.dropbox.com/s/00tore9ifb0dtfm/rustpeak.wad?dl=1

'Rust peak'

About 10 mins playing time, about 9-10 hours build time

Tested in chocolate doom and visplane explorer (couldn't seem to get hold of chocorenderlimits)

99 monsters on UV so should be a nice easy blast. It's meant to feel like you are on some cold, bleak mountain top installation

Set to MAP07, I've used the tags aswell

See what you think

I've updated the WAD file to include your map in beta version 3. Thank you for your contribution; I'll be sure to give it a whirl when I have the time.

Yet another update: I'd like to know if anyone has made any more progress on their maps. TBH I'm hoping I can get this released soon, maybe sometime in December or so depending on the progress of the maps. I wanted to make MAP08 a collab map but since I couldn't really find anyone I've gotten far enough into the map that I may as well complete it. This is likely to be the last of what I put out for some time - I've just been so busy with other things in life that I'm kind of wanting to finish what I have left so I don't have to keep thinking about it.

Almost there now... just been struggling with render limits. Can overflows in (theoretically) inaccessible areas be left in?

@Valkiriforce ...

I PM'ed you 29th Sept. regarding some issues. Did you read it ? If lost let me know and I will resend.

I've still got to play new levels 7 and 8.

Ah, I haven't forgotten your message; I did however forget to respond. Sorry about that - I'm hoping to address those points you made soon with the next update, but I'm going to finish up MAP08 first before I do post it here. Thanks for taking the time to look at the WAD and for letting me know!

valkiriforce said:

Yet another update: I'd like to know if anyone has made any more progress on their maps.

My map's layout is done, I sent it over to someone else for thing-placing a little while ago. Just waiting on him to pass it back over!

Alrighty, here is MAP02, Crystal Protocol, by me and Alfonzo (he did the gameplay, huge thanks to him!)

NOTE: This map is in desperate need of a midi that isn't Human BBQ's! An original track would be fantastic (hint hint), but I'll likely just use something that already exists, heh.