Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
valkiriforce

TNT: Resistance - Released!

Well, Devilution is still in development. I don't think it'd be fair to include it in a lesser TNT project such as this. On the other hand, maybe I can either find a replacement status bar or just whip one up and include it for the eventual idgames release.

EDIT: By the way any suggestions would be welcome.

Edited by valkiriforce

The second one. 

I took the liberty to modify the colours of the ammo part to have another option. It's just a suggestion, I like either way though.

813hgiugi.png.60378e57b14dcde5f0d08c2b2aba3eab.png

OK, so I started to get second thoughts about using a status bar that uses a space theme despite there being no space maps, so I decided to come up with something more Final Doom-ish for this little set:

Q1f0Gda.png

I may keep that space one in reserve though; I almost feel inspired to do something space-like considering I've never actually made anything with a space theme before.

There is a wierd effect with the vanilla bridge in map01. Try this with nomonsters ...

1. Stand on the bridge at raised sector 52. Turn right then walk off. The effect is instantaneous when going from raised sector 52 to sector 51.

2. Stand on the bridge at raised sector 52. Turn left then walk off. The effect is as expected. A "slow" fall down to sector 51.

Maybe a slight rework of this area will fix.

Tested with Risen3D and gzdoom.

Map06 ...

Lines 225, 303 and 1700 need a Y offset correction. To fix, remove the lower unpeg flag and give those lines a Y offset of -32.

Edited by hawkwind

36 minutes ago, hawkwind said:

There is a wierd effect with the vanilla bridge in map01.

Oh yeah, I had that happen last night (playing with GZDoom) and it confused the heck out of me for a minute.

Regarding the new statusbar:
I support valkiri's latest approach with the darker background, it provides better contrast for the stats. However, I think the labels (Ammo, Health, Arms, Armor) should all be either red or white. Mixed colors wouldn't look good. Personally, I'd prefer if the labels didn't have the same color as the numbers, but let's see what others have to say about it. ^^

Ammo, health, armor could be washed out gold and  actual numbers intense silver, as you focus more on these important numbers how much ammo, health or armor left so them being gold like others on status bar would be too distracting..

Edited by FearTheReaper

Yeah, gold would actually also be a nice choice for the labels. Just not red since that is "reserved" for the numbers. ^^

How it could (roughly) look (just a quick mockup with paint.net):

MrUbctH.png

Edited by NightFright

7 hours ago, cortlong50 said:

finished this and had an absolute blast.

if youre reading this, download it.  full of great maps.

^This. I just finished it up last night. Fantastic stuff.

You guys planning to added a dehacked patch/lump to fix the level names on the automap?

Final little tweaks to map06 based on Hawkwind's... uh... eagle eyed misalignment spotting (thanks!).

^ I actually went in and made that fix myself since it was so minor a thing; unless any other major changes have been made to the map, there shouldn't be anything else to worry about. :)

Concerning a DeHackEd with level names - that's a good idea; however I have no experience making DeHackEd patches. If someone could make one for this, I'd be eternally grateful.

Half-way through it. Two things in MAP04 (great map) which aren't exactly bugs, but which happened to me.

The secret SSG: since the wall drops to 8 above floor I was able to score the SSG without stepping down into the crate/secret sector. I didn't score the secret until I went back later to grab the shells.

The Soul Sphere secret: the teleport landing sector is 8 units above the secret-tagged sector in front of it. I was able to run off the landing pad over the secret sector without touching/scoring it.

MAP06 - Line 903 - Missing upper texture on 2nd sidedef. Only noticable if you try to ride the lift all the way up.

MAP08 - Dude! Outstanding map! Great way to end the set. Wow!

The deh file should be included as an actual file (external patch) in the ZIP archive, it wasn’t supposed to be embedded as a lump (internal patch).

I mean, that ZIP should contain:

TNTRESIST.deh

TNTRESIST.txt

TNTRESIST.wad <- This one with that bex file embedded.

Some last minute bug/issues with map09 ...

1. Missing upper texture on line 380. It appears that the ceiling height of sector 64 should be the same as sector 54. This error is quite noticeable in gzdoom and glboom+.

2. In the automap, not all the credit names display correctly, since, for example, sectors 30 and 31 have the same ceiling height. To fix, just give the "inner" sector a height increase of 1. So, for example, sector 31 should have a ceiling height of 105.