Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Baron-Of-Hell

Can Somebody Help Me?

I have been looking for all the music for Memento Mori 1 but I can only find these ones...

Map 01 - Hidden Anger
Map 02 - Dreadnaught
Map 03 - DLA
Map 04 - Scary 1
Map 05 - Galaxy
Map 06 - Terror
Map 07 - Night Bats
Map 09 - Slipper
Map 10 - The Wind
Map 11 - Mummy Rags
Map 12 - Scary 2
Map 15 - Triangle of Fear

Is that all the ingame music? And what about the Title Music, Intermission Music and the Endgame Music?

Can anyone please help me out?

The only one's missing is the music for map14 the other levels have the same music as earlier levels. Some of them (like the excellent "Dreadnought", get the mp3 version) are used three times.

But I am still eluded to the title of the map14 music. It's obviously Mark Klem (though it is more akin to the style of his Wacky Wheels soundtrack, which is awesome BTW) and it also features in his Episode 2 replacement "Cringe".

Ripping Mark Klem music with Wintex always scrambles the midi. The only one of his tracks that this didn't happen to was.. map14!

Mysterious!

It always fouls up E1M8 music as well. I have never been able to use that music in any other wadfile because of this. Maybe you could try XWE.

As I'm tired I've forgotten the Mark Klem music page address, but hopefully Archvile will be around in this thread to give it to you.

At least Newdoom is good for something. (Actually I think that Newdoom is an excellent Doom newssite, though I disagree with some of Wmull's admin policies).

Little Faith said:

At least Newdoom is good for something. (Actually I think that Newdoom is an excellent Doom newssite, though I disagree with some of Wmull's admin policies).

Uh... Wrong thread?

pritch said:

As I'm tired I've forgotten the Mark Klem music page address, but hopefully Archvile will be around in this thread to give it to you.

Hehe, looks like Fods beat me to it.

Anyway, I don't think maps 13 and 14 are Klem because every single other midi he has in every single other Doom project gets scrambled when you rip it using WinTex. Whereas other guys like Tolwyn and Fanatic don't have this happen.

Also, I have 146 Tolwyn/Klem/other Doom artist songs in WinAmp right now, and looking at the MM songs, all of Klem's songs have the title already there when you look at the file info. Map 13 and 14 are apparantly untitled.

Edit: In response to Baron's original question, Maps 8, 13, and 14 are the only level musics not done by Klem. None of them scramble when extracted by WinTex. The title and storyline screens do scramble, but are not availible on Klem's page so I have no idea whether they're done by him or not. The intermission music does not scramble.

fodders said:

No not really, that's where I downloaded them from but thanks anyway...

I sent Mark Klem an e-mail asking him about this and he doesn't know either, he asked that if I had it that I could send it to him but I don't... Does anybody have Map 14, the Title Music, Intermission Music and Endgame music?

Baron-Of-Hell said:

No not really, that's where I downloaded them from but thanks anyway...

I sent Mark Klem an e-mail asking him about this and he doesn't know either, he asked that if I had it that I could send it to him but I don't... Does anybody have Map 14, the Title Music, Intermission Music and Endgame music?

I do, but the title and endgame musics are screwed. Maps 8, 13, and 14 and the Intermission are all good though. Do you have AIM?

Archvile64 said:

Maps 8, 13, and 14 and the Intermission are all good though.

Why don't you send them to Klem then? I'm sure he'd appreciate them...

Edit : He did ask me to send him Map 14 but if you could send him Map 08, Map 13 and Map 14 that would be super!

Baron-Of-Hell said:

Why don't you send them to Klem then? I'm sure he'd appreciate them...

Do you want them too?

Baron-Of-Hell said:

Yes I do, thanks =)

How should I send them? E-mail, AIM? Give me your screen name or e-mail addy, whichever you prefer.

Oh, and I just sent the MIDIs in question to Klem, just so you know.

Archvile64 said:

No problem. I just sent them now.

Thanks a groovy bunch ;)

While i'm on the music subject, I wonder why E2M9/E3M1 of the original Doom is still untitled...

Archvile64 said:

Hehe, looks like Fods beat me to it.

Anyway, I don't think maps 13 and 14 are Klem because every single other midi he has in every single other Doom project gets scrambled when you rip it using WinTex. Whereas other guys like Tolwyn and Fanatic don't have this happen.

Also, I have 146 Tolwyn/Klem/other Doom artist songs in WinAmp right now, and looking at the MM songs, all of Klem's songs have the title already there when you look at the file info. Map 13 and 14 are apparantly untitled.

Edit: In response to Baron's original question, Maps 8, 13, and 14 are the only level musics not done by Klem. None of them scramble when extracted by WinTex. The title and storyline screens do scramble, but are not availible on Klem's page so I have no idea whether they're done by him or not. The intermission music does not scramble.

While it does stand out this way several things points towards Mark Klem as the composer of Memento Mori: map14's music:

Mark Klem is the only one credited for making music in the Memento Mori text file. Both Memento Mori's have thorough acknowledgements.

The tune is used for E2M5 of "Cringe". An old E2 replacement Mark Klem made.

The tune is just so damn "Mark Klem'ish". Just listen to that synth brass riff. Only Mark Klem makes thise kinds of riffs.

It sounds a bit like the "Wacky Wheels" soundtrack made by: You guessed it.. ..Mark Klem. Great game BTW.

Perhaps some of those tunes are really old ones that he made with another midi programme.

Yeah, you're right, Klem e-mailed me back and explained that five of the six in question were his, except for the title which was done by Tolwyn.

I also downloaded Cring666.wad last night and saw that Maps 8, 13, 14, and the intermission music were all used in that wad, so looks like you've done your homework. Nice job.

Archvile64 said:

Cause Bobby Prince didn't give it a name?

Yeah I know that, I was just wondering why he didn't give it a name... Not that it matters very much...