Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

Controlled System

Here is a basic vanilla map replacing e1m1. It should be very easy. I want to recommend fastmonsters but it might make two fights a bit tricky. You decide. :)

Download

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Took me about 8 minutes to complete, was pretty swell, I didn't like fumbling around in the dark but thankfully that was short-lived

Have a fda (prboom+ cl 3), played with Ultimate Doom. Gameplay is allright, I almost killed myself with the barrels near the start but I managed to get to the exit. I really liked the dark rooms inside the computer, the rockred area with the cacodemon, those inaccessible rooms; and my favourite: the views of the sky near the blue key door. What I really loved about the map is that it has a very cool mysterious feel, it's somehow different from the usual E1 stuff while many "tropes" are still there. Did you used the rad-suits in that way because of this?

Actually I had the idea of using radiation suits as keys a long time ago. I remember imagining a map where the rad suit is "sitting" on its throne since it's the most important item, which could be funny I think.

Maybe it feels different because, unlike in KDitD, you don't see the sky much. Lol at clown music, it is actually from dtwidmus.wad.

FDA, recorded in PrBoom-plus -complevel 3, somewhat in a hurry, which is why I didn't backtrack to find any secrets after reaching the exit room. I liked the map, nice variety in texturing, architecture and gameplay, and yet looking and feeling consistent.

It was okay overall. Gameplay was a little bit dull aside from the more crowded encounters. What I did liked was some of the design choices that were rather unique like the floor light triggers and the light trail. I also liked the scale of the exit room area where you can see the sky. I didn't really cared for the Rad Suit area.

Gameplay was a little bit dull aside from the more crowded encounters

C'mon guys, this level is perfectly fits for fda-fast! (As any E1 styled level and even more).

That's one satisfying map, I beat it in -fast in my second try, there were so many times where you were put on the edge, I liked all the gimmicks in this map; the darkness/lightness room, the isle showdown and the thousands of windows that opened everywhere in the E1M7 fashion and especially the architecture was spectacular yet simple.
You're the best at mapping.

Fun map. Nice to see you working in Ultimate Doom. Would love to see you do more.

I really liked the pacing in this map, more slow and contemplative than what I expect from you. Good shaping in the rooms and excellent lighting. I really enjoyed the clever, tricky bits like the walk in the dark towers and the lighted safe path over the nukage. Especially fun was the classic candle in front of a secret door, but all you got was an angry Caco. ;D

I might try it again with -fast.

Thanks for the comments and demos. =)

For all my maps I give permission to do anything people want to do with them. Put them into compilations, edit them, release your own versions, whatever. So yeah, you can totally use it in Freedoom and I would be happy about contributing to the project.

I will probably send a slightly updated version to /idgames soon. I have some minor visual tweaks in mind.

Finally got a chance to try this and it was well worth the wait! Very stylish KDitD looking map that had an authentic id feeling to me. I loved how on top of that OG feeling you weave your little touches in, like when the switch lowers the radsuits, the lights that stay on only when you are standing on them, and the illuminated safe path through the nukage. Difficulty and ammo balance was spot on for me on UV in what I would feel would be a map 3-5 slot, so please make an episode of these :)