Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jaws In Space

Bloody Rust 2: Released!

Hello Everyone! and welcome to Bloody Rust 2.

This project is the sequel to Bloody Rust, a 6 map community project that was released in February of this year. Once again the project goal for the sequel is to make a small set of maps with the theme of an old , rusting, tech environment. Maps are to be made for Boom compatibility or lower. Custom midis are encouraged for this project, I would like to get an original set of midis, if any mappers have a preferred midi composer I suggest that you get in contact them as you are working on your maps. I also encourage any midi composers reading this post to go ahead and link anything you may be working on here, otherwise I will ask around once the project is nearing completion. There will be no reserving of map slots, just make a map & I'll determine the map order once I give each one a playthrough.

Bloody Rust 2

Current mappers & maps:
-AnonimVio - Rotten Steel & Co.
-DAZZER - Mountain Base X
-Flesh420 Map
-Jaws In Space - The Military Industrial Complex
-Angry Saint - Parapiglia
-Crunchynut44 - Arid Wasteland

MIDI list:
Map 1 - Flood The City by KevinHEZ
Map 2 - Derrick by Alfonzo
Map 3 - Descent by KevinHEZ
Map 4 - Prayers in the Machine by Alfonzo
Map 5 - Corrugator by Alfonzo
Map 6 - Conquistadors by Philippe Vachey from Time Commando

Title - Bloody Rust 2 Title by Alfonzo
Inter - Transition by Bucket
Story - If I Lose Again by KevinHEZ

There are several Custom / Altered enemies included for you to use
-Demon Replacement - Much faster & now fires a projectile (The Stectre remains unchanged)
-Baron Replacement - A weaker Afrit, only 700 health, but otherwise the same
-Cyberdemon Replacement - Now the cybruiser from Realm667
-Spider Mastermind Replacement - Now the Chaingun Spider from Realm667
-SS Nazi - Simply a reskin for mappers to have another enemy to use in their maps

The custom textures were taken from the following resources.
-5th Episode
-Anachronox
-Duke Nukem
-Monster Hunter LTD
-Too Much Brown
The custom sky was made by Mechadon

Edited by Jaws In Space

Cool work here jaws! I'm already working on a map for the project.
Speaking of which, how many maps can someone make at max?

nxGangrel said:

Cool work here jaws! I'm already working on a map for the project.
Speaking of which, how many maps can someone make at max?

For now I'd say only 1 map per person, I want either 6 or 11 maps total so that the wad ends on a story text. Though if not enough people sign up to hit that 6 or 11 map mark I will allow multiple maps per author.

Hey guys I just added 3 new textures & one flat from the Too Much Brown texture pack as I wasn't happy with the rock textures from stock Doom 2.

Another quick update. Replaced the Bloody Rust 1 Interpic with a new one depicting an oil field. Then I added one new texture by antares031 I found while browsing the Post your Doom textures! thread, anyone want to guess what planet this wad is going to take place on :D

Bloody Rust 2 resources

I have a problem. When I test my map in PrBoom, I get the error: R_TextureNumForName: SKY3 not found.

The map plays good in zdoom.

The texture pack's TEXTURE1/PNAMES need to redefine all Doom 2's texture and patch entries, otherwise the pack will only be compatible with advanced ports that support cumulative TEXTURE1 entries, whereas classic ports will load the new TEXTURE1 over the IWAD's TEXTURE1 and forget all the IWAD textures and patches.

scifista42 said:

The texture pack's TEXTURE1/PNAMES need to redefine all Doom 2's texture and patch entries, otherwise the pack will only be compatible with advanced ports that support cumulative TEXTURE1 entries, whereas classic ports will load the new TEXTURE1 over the IWAD's TEXTURE1 and forget all the IWAD textures and patches.

Good to know!

Jaws In Space, is it possible to update the texture pack so that it is compatible also with "classic" ports?

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Ask me for midis, I may also produce a map if I feel like it

Title: Rotten Steel & Co.
Build Time: 2 days
Inspiration: Alien Vendetta, Bloody Steel
Still need to do difficulty and multiplayer settings.

Also some things I have noticed while making this map:
-Custom sounds don't play properly in prboom
-Afrit is bugged and can be killed multiple times

AnonimVio said:

Also some things I have noticed while making this map:
-Custom sounds don't play properly in prboom
-Afrit is bugged and can be killed multiple times

Yeah I noticed a few bugs with the sound & dehacked as well. I though I had it all right, but I guess not. This is my first attempt at a dehacked though so there were bound to be issues with it.

Hey Jaws in Space, I took a quick look at the sky texture today and noticed that it has some pretty nasty visible seems where I stitched it together. I was afraid this might be the case since I whipped it up so quickly. So I'm going to try and make some time to fix it soon.

Sorry for the double post, but I figured out why the sky looked off in the latest resource.

I thought that I did a crappy job at blending the the seams together when I made it, but actually it looks like the sky was scaled down before it was added to the resource. The full-size, 1024px version will look a lot better in my opinion (I did a quick test and it looks a lot less busy). There is a bug in PrBoom+ where it won't display tall skies properly unless you use MBF sky transfers, but hopefully that'll get fixed sometime soon.

Here's the full-size sky texture in case you guys need it:

Here is my Map called "Mountain Base X" :) I needed 3 days for it cause i didnt work with Boom format before. I tested it with Zdoom cause it didnt work with PrBoom as i have the same problem with SKY3 what Angry Saint mentioned before me :/ The Map isnt very long and i didnt put music in there but i think i got that what Jaws in Space wanted to have: An old, forgotten rusty factory :) Anyway heres the download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/am55hfcs35s23ph/Mountain+Base+X.7z

Hey guys sorry for no reply's, it's been really busy here since last Thursday. I'll have some free time this weekend to look at all the submitted maps & make some changes to the resources to hopefully get them working properly.

rdwpa said:

Some of the sounds must not be in proper Doom format, because they play as loud bursts of static hiss.

Yeah they appear to be wrong, I pulled them strait from Realm667 so I assume that they are meant to play properly in ZDoom only. Anyways SLADE3 calls them Sound (Ogg Vorbis) does anyone know how to convert these to the Doom format?

I've got nothing to show, but I may as well report.
I'm making a large hospital style level inspired by the Sick Ward level in blood. It may take a few weeks maybe a month or so, since I've got other levels I'm making (for different projects) and since it'll be big.

Hey, I played both levels released so far, both look great

Anonimvio- I kept running out of ammo on this one, maybe a few more 4xshells here and there, and a chainsaw or early berserk for sure if it's your intention to starve the player, can't say I'd fancy my chances slapping an afrit though. It's not clear that the yellow key randomly appears in that (non damaging) slime trough outside, the map is small so it wasn't too bad, but I spent a couple of minutes scratching my head there.

Angry Saint- That is a tough map right there. The initial battle with the hell knights and rev pillar would be spiced up if you offered the SSG from the start instead of the regular shotty, and that main room with the cybruisers is not too much fun with just the SSG (offered in that area) and the chaingun. I would switch out the current SSG with a rocket launcher or have one available in a secret- the area would still be difficult but it would remove the need to double tap a load of mid tier snipers. Also, the spawning fights are held back by a monster blocking lines (presumably to stop the trons from wandering off) - the trons need turreting or something, as those lines just allow you to cheese each of the aforementioned fights, that would be quite fun otherwise

Update for my map:
-Added some ammo
-Difficulty settings
-Multiplayer settings
-Fixed bug where player could get stuck in red key area
-Added yellow key indicator
Also, if no one will make a custom midi for this map I'll suggest to pick "Rock the Building" by Jamie Robertson as the theme.