Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Revae

REKKR - V1.16

VGA said:

Woohoo, bring it on? What's the progress?

That's it. I made a wagon. Is nothing good enough for you?

jk, we're up from ~250 textures to nearly 350, added about 60 sprites (though a bunch are just recolors), some more flats... Mapping... About to start a new monster tonight (plus maybe an attempt at rain - we'll see how that turns out).

ETTiNGRiNDER said:

Cool. Midtextures, I'm guessing?

Yeah.

joe-ilya said:

A horse sprite wouldn't look good, unless you talk about the horse and the wagon being seperated.

Yes, that's what I meant. Kinda like in the game Outlaws I suppose.

Revae said:

Wagon trickery. Just something fun to show.

Why not creating a wad with stuff like prefabs or template of things like these to add in the maps, so to have something like "continuity"?

Hahaha, that death animation is fantastic!

Oh and this whole project looks amazing, not sure why I haven't posted here yet.

I think it's been a while since we had a WIP TC (and one that looks this good!)
Almost reminds me of The Orb of Dilaaria...

Linguica said:

Episode 1: Far-future Neo Tokyo
Episode 2: Ancient Greece
Episode 3: Medieval Norway
Episode 4: Future San Francisco

That was an Romero game. :-D

Revae said:

Whew, lads. No pressure... At this point it's enough to know so many people are interested.

If you are gonna sell it, i will buy it, if you release it on gog.com.

What is this obsession with selling this?

Why turn a hobby into a stressful experience that will divide the community? Stop this please.

Why would selling something that has 100% original content divide the community?

Are we going to start shaming Raven for selling their idtech 1 creations, now?

As cool as I think it would be to go commercial, personally, it's entirely up to Revae, and I don't think continually pressuring him is polite.

VGA said:

Why turn a hobby into a stressful experience

That's pretty much my reasoning. I'd rather anyone working on the project do it for fun, not obligation. Myself included. Maybe next project, whatever it is.

Thanks for the kind words, btw, everyone.

VGA said:

What is this obsession with selling this?

Why turn a hobby into a stressful experience that will divide the community? Stop this please.

I'm not sure why selling your own creation would make things stressful, or divide any community.

The reason why people encourage selling it, is largely because (IMO) original content deserves to be rewarded. The second reason (I think), is because selling it tends to put the product (and by extension, the idTech 1 community) into a more public spot-light, instead of the game getting lost in mod purgatory where mediocre gameplay-mods go to die.

Just simply agreeing with things I'm seeing here. I approve the idea of selling it, if only to allow all the hard work be appropriately rewarded and allow for a greater, more widespread distribution.

I also agree that the latest screenshots (gifs) are very impressive. Great work on that horse cart, it looks very 3D! Gotta admit that I love the death animation too. The lighting on the hammer as it spins is fantastic; I can tell you had a lot of fun creating that death animation!

Keep it up! :D

SPLOSH!

These enemies remind me of Witchhaven. Whatever little I have played of that, heh ...