Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Revae

REKKR - V1.16

Aw sweet!  It'll be done when it's done!  Will we get to play with pixelated poop, as well?  I hope we have a regenerating health/ego bar!

5 hours ago, Tracer said:

Aw sweet!  It'll be done when it's done!  Will we get to play with pixelated poop, as well?  I hope we have a regenerating health/ego bar!

It will have VOXEL TITS!!!

On 20.3.2017 at 6:19 PM, Revae said:

Yeah.  Two affected maps and one unaffected map have around 525+ things in them, so that seems to be a soft limit.  Not sure what all plays into the save file size. Everything else is within vanilla limits.

I ran into this problem when making Eternal Doom, map 12. Keep in mind that player/monster emitted missiles (non-hitscan fire) also play into this equation. To test that the savegame buffer isn't overrun, I'd go to the largest open area near the start of the map (item counts decrease the more you play, as pickups dissappear) and spray a long continuous fire with the most dense missile emitter (plasma gun, in Doom's case), also allowing monsters to let off fire, then check if the game would save.

Looking forward to Rekkr! 

Good trick! One nitpick:

23 minutes ago, Soundblock said:

(non-hitscan fire)

This actually does still count, as blood splats and bullet puffs are actors which will be saved. Though obviously they are far more short-lived than missiles with long times of flight, so you are still basically correct, but for example firing the super shotgun then immediately saving will add 20 actors to the savegame.

Good advice. I'll probably just try to make smaller maps.  I've compared some of the ones I've made to vanilla doom maps and they're usually a bit larger.  And since I use a lot of decorative things (grass sprites and such) it ends up being a bit much.

1 hour ago, NecrumWarrior said:

I could see this being a fun project to make custom maps for.

I'll be sure to link the GZDoombuilder config when it's released.

You can listen to REKKR's soundtrack on YouTube now, thanks to HexenMapper (who made all of it) uploading it last night.

It's super nice, especially if you like bagpipes:

On 20.3.2017. at 11:04 PM, Revae said:

Just mapping left

Do you need help with that, by any chance? I can help a bit, if you want. :]

(I'm far from the best mapper out there, though.)

That music sounds like it would work pretty well in Heretic, but it definitely has its own distinct flavor that sets it apart from the other idTech1 games. Very nice.

Bzzrak:

Maybe.  You can send me some examples of your stuff if'n you please.  I'll have some "bonus" slots open for episode 4 (story ends at E3M8), so if you're unsure you can potentially get something placed there and need not worry about the main story maps.

Looks gorgeous, there is a lot of talent in this TC. We've got a candidate for a Cacoward. Extra points for being vanilla compatible. 

TTIPNi2.png
Just a thing.
Edit: Some helpful dude (or dudette, how would I know) pointed out his proportions were fucked.  It's a bit better now.

Edited by Revae

Welp.  I can't figure out if I can easily send messages to multiple people at once, so:
If you've claimed a map and are still working on send me a PM and know when you think you'll be done, please.  I'm trying to come up with a sort of internal release date.  If you're not likely going to finish a map, let me know that too.

c5BpKhR.png
Irrelevant pic.

Just wanted to say that this is incredible looking! I cannot imagine the countless hours it takes to make something like this. This is the project of a lifetime!

Thanks!  Hopefully not a lifetime though.  I got other things I wanna do, after.

Posted this as a status update but realized it might confuse people who aren't aware of the project yet. (thanks to anyone who liked it though)

Mapping additional content, trying some new things

templeofsunandmoon.png.0a392c1c160413c8c3c49734b8f7a224.png

I guess I can post mine as well then?

The typical Bzzrak "cram as many h4x0rs as possible" map, happens to use some really neat textures and monsters. Also has my signature "building that pops out of nowhere" trick. Spent 3 months on it (the map, not the trick goddammit).

sshot-1.jpg

Yeah. Feel free to post your maps, just don't give too much away (like anything that should obviously be a surprise/higher tier monsters or bosses).

Still mapping.  Don't have much new to tell, but wanted to let people know it's still coming.
UQwsJfg.png

You guys like puzzles?
Kinda hoping to wrap this up by Christmas, but we'll see how that goes.

Hype hype hype hype hype hype hype

But for real, this is probably my most anticipated project that's in the works right now. Really looking forward to the eventual release.