Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Revae

REKKR - V1.16

7 hours ago, Dimon12321 said:

So, since REKKR is now a part of the WAD collection for Unity Doom, will be there any more updates? Is the WAD considered to be finished?

The id version has some minor fixes that I have to slap in the non-id release.

They're all super minor so I haven't really made it a priority. The water flats are different for instance. The combination locks should be non-cheesable... That might be it really. I have to look.

There are things that were done specifically for the id port like the valkyrie statue being armored that I'm weighing putting in, since I like them better...

Eventually, but nothing important until I finish the canon episode 4.

I've never played any full add-on in this amount of time. Best one I've seen so far! Amazing, Amazing job! I think that you deserve a physical Caco like Romero got.

image.png.22087517722665585e6533d34a2ec36a.png

On 8/18/2019 at 10:03 PM, Revae said:

Fair point. I wasn't really considering a realistic stance when making it, just offsetting the hands for asymmetry's sake. 

Hello again :) congratulations with going official @Revae, could you include this little fix (mirroring the idle sprite of fists, PUNGA0, from here REKKR 1.17)?

Oh yeah. I sorta forgot about that.

I'm working on the canon 4th episode atm, so I flipped it for that just now. I gotta clean my working folders and put out a patch for the other version at some point...

8 hours ago, Zodomaniac said:

@Revae if there is canon 4th episode, will the bonus levels move to 5th episode like Sigil?

Not sure yet. They might just be included as an extra wad or some such. I can't put in a 5th episode in vanilla, that I'm aware.

Hiya, just wanted to stop by to report a bug. I've noticed numerous times when loading up a save in vanilla doom (or in my case Doom-plus), after loading in for a few seconds, the game will just hang and bug out for whatever reason. This only seems to happen on a fresh launch of DOSBox, and doesn't happen with any other WAD. May want to look into this.

On 11/9/2020 at 9:48 AM, OpenRift said:

Hiya, just wanted to stop by to report a bug. I've noticed numerous times when loading up a save in vanilla doom (or in my case Doom-plus), after loading in for a few seconds, the game will just hang and bug out for whatever reason. This only seems to happen on a fresh launch of DOSBox, and doesn't happen with any other WAD. May want to look into this.

Unfortunately that's something I cannot fix. It's a limitation with the Doom engine itself. It has to do with how many entities the save can keep track of, so too many things in a map = non functioning saves in vanilla.

I used to remember all the maps this happened on, but now the only one I'm certain of is e1m7.

Srry m8. 

16 minutes ago, Revae said:

Unfortunately that's something I cannot fix. It's a limitation with the Doom engine itself. It has to do with how many entities the save can keep track of, so too many things in a map = non functioning saves in vanilla.

I used to remember all the maps this happened on, but now the only one I'm certain of is e1m7.

Srry m8. 

Just to be clear, this isn't a savegamesize overflow (or at least not a typical one), because I'm still able to save the game without it freezing, which is usually what would happen when the savegame size is exceeded. It only happens when loading a file, both in vanilla doom and also doom-plus, surprisingly.

Ah. That makes sense. I kinda sorta skimmed your post I guess.

You say it only happens on a fresh launch of dosbox though, which is curious. I can load up dosbox later and check it out I suppose.

18 hours ago, Revae said:

Ah. That makes sense. I kinda sorta skimmed your post I guess.

You say it only happens on a fresh launch of dosbox though, which is curious. I can load up dosbox later and check it out I suppose.

A fresh launch of Doom 2, I should say, as I don't think I've encountered the issue while quick loading during play.

45 minutes ago, OpenRift said:

A fresh launch of Doom 2, I should say, as I don't think I've encountered the issue while quick loading during play.

Are you using Doom II to play this? Might be what's causing issues since it's meant for Doom.

1 minute ago, Andromeda said:

Are you using Doom II to play this? Might be what's causing issues since it's meant for Doom.

OH, no I meant to say Doom 1, sorry. Just so used to saying Doom II, since the first one never gets as much attention in terms of mods in my opinion.

Hello, ran into a bug playing continuous with prboom+ 2.5.1.7. When playing playing on episode 2,3, or 4, after beating a level, it will take you back to episode 1 of whatever map would be next, so e2m1 goes to e1m2, e2m2 goes to e1m3, and the same for episodes 3 and 4, e3m1 goes to e1m2 etc..

Here's a short vid if that helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeUHEcz7Hi8

33 minutes ago, TeK (⌐■_■) said:

Hello, ran into a bug playing continuous with prboom+ 2.5.1.7. When playing playing on episode 2,3, or 4, after beating a level, it will take you back to episode 1 of whatever map would be next, so e2m1 goes to e1m2, e2m2 goes to e1m3, and the same for episodes 3 and 4, e3m1 goes to e1m2 etc..

WOW! Thats really strange!

Are you using the latest dev built, or the latest official release?

I ask because i just tried it on the last official release and it didn't happened to me :/
I played it on Chocolate, Crispy and PrBoom+2.5.17 v2.6 and doesn't have that problem.

So i think its better ask about it on the source-port thread, as it seems to be a source port problem.

1 hour ago, TeK (⌐■_■) said:

Silly question, are you running with the proper complevel? That might be causing some weird behavior.  Should be complevel 3 since it's Ultimate Doom.

32 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

WOW! Thats really strange!

Are you using the latest dev built, or the latest official release?

I ask because i just tried it on the last official release and it didn't happened to me :/
I played it on Chocolate, Crispy and PrBoom+2.5.17 v2.6 and doesn't have that problem.

So i think its better ask about it on the source-port thread, as it seems to be a source port problem.

What would the latest official be? I only found out a few months ago that there was a newer version of prboom+, I'd been using the old one from 2015 or 2016 for a few years. I'm using the one from 6/16/19 https://github.com/coelckers/prboom-plus/releases/tag/v2.5.1.7um

8 minutes ago, Eric Claus said:

Silly question, are you running with the proper complevel? That might be causing some weird behavior.  Should be complevel 3 since it's Ultimate Doom.

Yeah, i'm using the correct wad and complevel.

6 minutes ago, TeK (⌐■_■) said:

Yeah, i'm using the correct wad and complevel.

You could also get DSDADoom which is a fork of 2.5.1.7um and has been more aggressively updated, maybe that will work.

20 minutes ago, TeK (⌐■_■) said:

What would the latest official be? I only found out a few months ago that there was a newer version of prboom+, I'd been using the old one from 2015 or 2016 for a few years. I'm using the one from 6/16/19 https://github.com/coelckers/prboom-plus/releases/tag/v2.5.1.7um

2 minutes ago, Andromeda said:

Or get the latest release from that fork, the bug you're describing has been fixed for a long time now:

https://github.com/coelckers/prboom-plus/releases/tag/v2.6um

This one is the latest official version.

4 minutes ago, Andromeda said:

Or get the latest release from that fork, the bug you're describing has been fixed for a long time now:

https://github.com/coelckers/prboom-plus/releases/tag/v2.6um

I just saw this a few minutes ago, and am setting it up now. I also see the bullet point about 'fixed doom 1 level progression'. Since prboom+ stopped getting updates years ago I assumed the release from 2019 was a one and done thing and I never checked up on it again. It's nice to see this port is still getting some love.

Whew. Glad that was all sorted out. Every time I see a bug show up I'm like "Oh no, what did I do 2 years ago and have no memory of now".

Hi! Thanks for this great TC, it's a joy to play. How do you get Health Mimics to only wake up when you touch or shoot them, or when they see you? I'm messing around with a map but they always wake up when they hear me.

15 minutes ago, secone said:

Hi! Thanks for this great TC, it's a joy to play. How do you get Health Mimics to only wake up when you touch or shoot them, or when they see you? I'm messing around with a map but they always wake up when they hear me.

its a monsters like all the others, so i think it is put looking to the wall so it doesn't react as soon as you enter the area,  and behind a some sound blocking linedef, that way it just react when you traverse does linedefs.

But maybe its even something simpler.

You can open the map on the builder and look how Revae do the trick himself ;)

Oh jeez, I feel dumb now. Thanks mate! I did look at the maps but I didn't realize the importance of those linedefs. Cheers!

On 7/3/2020 at 8:28 PM, Revae said:

JINX!

Also: Just tested it (in mbf doom run in dosbox) after fixing those textures. Seems to work fine now. It'll be in an update coming soon(tm).

Hi @Revae, did you already release the fix for the "R_GenerateLookup: Column without a patch in texture" issue? I couldn't find a new version, so I guess not. :)

Is soon(tm) anywhere in the coming months, by any chance? That would be awesome. (I have another computer running DOS that I'd like to install REKKR on.)

Another thing I could use some help with: I tried loading the rekkr.deh in the original dehacked 3.1 (also tried 3.0aSE) but I´m getting a bunch of errors like "Line 3965: Unmatchable text string". 11 errors in total. Shouldn't the deh file be compatible with the original dehacked?

Edit 2:

I only just learned that the Doom v1.9 shareware exe is identical to the registered one, and even the Doom II v1.9 one. That's interesting. I also discovered that Dehacked did continue loading the file, even with those errors. I just wanted to be sure I'm not missing anything crucial.

Edited by TimV

I haven't yet. I can maybe knock out a quick fix sometime soon. Maybe tonight. 

I'll look into that error too, since last I saw it worked with dehacked just fine, but I was only testing in dosbox. 

I discovered what I was doing wrong. I was trying to patch the regular Doom v1.9 exe (instead of Ultimate Doom) that's why it produced these errors.