Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Revae

REKKR - V1.16

5 minutes ago, Gez said:

Pretty sure most port don't care whether a file has an IWAD or PWAD signature. I know you can do things like load Doom 1 as a PWAD in Doom II, or vice-versa, and it technically works.

DEHACKED is the Doom EXE Hack Editor. You can't dehack WADs.

depends on the source-port, i think
PRBoom+ and DoomRetro give me problems sometime ago with some pwads not recognized as iwads :/

yeah, i know HOW dehacked work, pal.
Patching the .exe with the all the modification specified on a patch file.
I was asking what changes on the .exe hex code beside just searching for another wad when changing the doom.wad string.
OpenRift already cleared it.

Edited by P41R47

Anyway, I have finally beaten Episode 2. The boss is a much-welcomed overhaul of the classic Cyberdemon fight.

Now, on to Episode 3!

In E3M3, if I hug the pillar in the center of the northern lava pool, I can get the Ethereal Guard without lowing the pillar.

In E3M4, I have noticed that above the platemail armor secret, there is a secret cave with a pair of boots of protection and a legless corpse. How can I reach it without noclipping?

Also, I have spotted a missing texture (which I initially mistook for a teleporter):

Wrong texture.jpg

Wrong texture here.jpg

Edited by Rudolph

I'll check out e3m3.

In e3m4 you have to launch yourself over with a rune. It's just a joke, not a real secret. Guy blasted his legs off to get over there and all he got were boots. 

That's not a missing texture, it's on purpose. Just to make you unsure of the jump.

40 minutes ago, Revae said:

That's not a missing texture, it's on purpose. Just to make you unsure of the jump.

I hate you.

Joking aside, playing E3M9 makes me wish I could play Doom and Heretic levels with REKKR. :P

Spotted a typo in Episode 3's victory screen: " being pull back to the land"

Also, in the DeHackEd file, E4M8 is titled "Gardien", which I'm fairly certain is french for "Guardian".

Finally, I have noticed that both the Turret and the Skelespider keep shooting at walls after they lose sight of you.

Edited by Rudolph

Ah. Gardien is the name of the boss. It was a placeholder before I settled on Ill Elli. Whoops*

The turret are skelespider are like that on purpose. I had issues with the turret reactivating (could've just been my new-ness to dehacked) and a skelespider does that so he occasionally catches you around a corner.
REKKRMON.zip <--- Lets you play with some facsimile of REKKRs monsters/weapons in doom. It's not perfect (chaingunners are just weapon drops, and I don't remember why), and it uses the weapons original firing speeds and such, and it doesn't have the new monsters. It was kinda made on a lark. It works with doom/doom2/freedoom 1/2. Not Heretic. Works best with doom1/freedoom phase 1.
Also monster obits will be wrong.
Also Icon of Sin is unbeatable because you don't have a rocketlauncher. He also fires like 3 times as fast for some reason. Dunno why I did that.

*Whoops. The correct name for E4M8 is guardian/gardien. Not Ill Elli. They used to be one map, but it... broke. So yeah. It probably should be Gardien.

Edited by Revae

Speaking of Gardien, one thing I need to mention just before someone inevitably does the proper IWADification of the game.

DSSSSIT is still in .wav format and not the Doom one like the rest of the sounds. Most source ports won't have a problem with that, but vanilla, on the other hand...

37 minutes ago, brightentayle said:

DSSSSIT is still in .wav format

Well what the fuk.
Alright then. Just something else I overlooked.

Doesn't want to convert as easily, so that's why I probably missed it. Fun.

Edited by Revae

Out of curiosity, in E4M3, when are the two monsters waiting in the south-western teleporter room supposed to activate and teleport in?

I finished the map without killing those two because they would not leave the teleporter room.

I'd have to look. I'll do that in a bit. Only two I can think of that do are the flame monsters that teleport in the yellow key room. Never had a problem with them, but maybe they're not activating for you for some reason.

Thanks! While you are there, can you answer me the following question?

Spoiler

How do I get the two unofficial secrets in E4M4, i.e. the Blessing of the Gods and the secret cave with items as well as a Dopefish in a fishbowl?

36 minutes ago, Rudolph said:

Thanks! While you are there, can you answer me the following question?

Hide contents

How do I get the two unofficial secrets in E4M4, i.e. the Blessing of the Gods and the secret cave with items as well as a Dopefish in a fishbowl?

Spoiler

When you teleport from the area with the flashing pit, turn around. There is a secret rock switch. The fishbowl is another switch in the room with the beds. A small blue switch.

Tested the recent update; now runs properly in the DOS version as a PWAD. We're getting there! :D

Yeah, my guess is it was that one .wav sound file holding it back then.

Slade doesn't show a different icon for sound file type, so I never noticed it. 

Although I seem to remember the original exe getting wav support in one of the releases. 1.9 or 1.666. Guess not.

11 hours ago, Revae said:

Although I seem to remember the original exe getting wav support in one of the releases. 1.9 or 1.666. Guess not.

Nah, I don't think it ever did, it strictly uses the "Doom format" sound stuff.

Just finished EP2, damn this game is HARD, but I love it so much.

Found something that looks like a missing texture, in E2M6 I think? Or E2M5?

uue5f5S7_o.jpg

Also damn that hqx setting looks uggo af and it always turns on when I catch the screenshot, should probably rebind the Steam screenshot key to something different

Hm. Thanks for the heads-up. I'll see if I can track that down. It likely is a missing texture.

Edit: Yeah, missing texture. compblue. it was using the same patch as dvrock9, so in some maps it got used instead of dvrock9, so I gotta find and switch them out. Hopefully that's the last one.

Edited by Revae

Hopefully this automap screenshot will be more helpful than whatever I tried to show in the post above:

7L47PpZ1_o.jpg

I got it. Fixed. Or will be when I upload the hopefully last patched version of rekkr.

Sorry for bothering you, but should this bit of background look like that?

AIyt0lVd_o.jpg

zfJclMoX_o.jpg

You've heard of REKBONUS version 1...

...now get ready for REKBONUS version 2!

doom11.png.b12a501fc5c0f315ebeacf3b7193ff6a.png

Duh.

Notable changes:

• All of E5 has deathmatch exits now
  • E5M1's starting area has been modified due to 1) nodebuilder fuckery that ruined the girder by the ruin, 2) multiple push linedefs by the lamp which could rise the platform juuuuuuuuuuust a little too high, getting you softlocked, basically
  • E5M2 has multiplayer-only shotgun and health potion in the starting room, just to make them a bit more viable in DMs
  • One area in E5M4, with pillars, now has its' ceiling lowered. You know, just so there's no space between both of those things. That's architectural crimes, right there
  • The only voodoo doll in E5M6 has been unlifed due to him not opening the door with -nomonsters on (I mean, how could he, when he doesn't exist?)
  • Didn't modify or add a new DM arena to E5M7, sorry for not making it FFA-friendly
  • E5M8 has a separate DM arena, which, for all the pixies it's got flying around, now also has an actual mana weapon, and a proper exit
  • E5M9 has a separate DM arena with more axes, weapons and an immediate exit
  • E5M9's museum section now also has Djinn, Runeportal and Gardien from Sunken Land for you to crush
  • For you marathon runners, I've put back the original versions of Flurrious and home.wad as E1M10 and E5M10 respectively, with working exits (no DM ones, though)

How to use: drop the fucker into the REKKR: Sunken Land folder. Presto.

It should technically support Unity Doom now, but you'd need to merge REKKRSL.iwad and REKBONUS.wad for it to work (Unity Doom can only do one PWAD at a time (good port lol)).

Edited by brightentayle

Doublepost, just to show the new monster museum in question (rock mine not included):

doom13.png.a4edda636df22705b1d6630954a94a1a.png

Also no, you can't pass from one side of the hall to the other from here, for... demo integrity reasons, I guess.

Just because this got bumped, it is totally worth the price to buy Sunken Land. An absolute blast (the best levels in all Rekkr!), and well worth supporting a fellow Doomer’s hard work. Wish I had the opportunity to do that more often!

Dope. Although I don't remember what the doll did in E5M6 (and I'm not at my computer to check). In what way wasn't it necessary?