Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Revae

REKKR - V1.16

1 minute ago, Bob9001 said:

Yes i know that, having made it to episode 4 now, i don't know where this sunken land is.

On Steam.

You buy it for the price of two cups of coffee.

1 hour ago, Bob9001 said:

If I buy sunken land, can i play it on DSDA-Doom?

Yes. You may need to rename the .iwad file to .wad and run it as a PWAD with Ultimate Doom as the IWAD, as stated here.

Ok and this paid version is different from the pwad I have been playing now? Cause the screenshots look the same as levels I've already played.

2 hours ago, Bob9001 said:

Ok and this paid version is different from the pwad I have been playing now? Cause the screenshots look the same as levels I've already played.

It's the fourth episode that's new. That's the part that's exclusive to Sunken Land.

4 hours ago, Bob9001 said:

The fourth episode is different from the PWAD, and as was mentioned before, there are some alterations to the first three episodes such as fixing the two secrets you were originally inquiring about.

Gotta say really loving the paid episode! I do hope you make a Doom 2 verison of REKKR.

32 Maps, I would so pay for that!

I've just finished Sunken Lands, very well done. I have a question am I able to get access to the resources? I'd love to make a map set for this TC, I love the themes and I have a few ideas.

If not I look forward to a doom 2 TC of REKKR :)

56 minutes ago, Bob9001 said:

I've just finished Sunken Lands, very well done. I have a question am I able to get access to the resources? I'd love to make a map set for this TC, I love the themes and I have a few ideas.

If not I look forward to a doom 2 TC of REKKR :)

I'm glad you liked it! 

The assets are all in the wad. I have a gzdoombuilder configuration file, but I'm on vacation and may not have access to it for a week or more. There's a possibly older config here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/l3ysqg21vl1cq96/RekGZDBcfg.zip/file

May not be 100% accurate for sunken land... Best to make sure it has the newer monsters and open the deh file in WhackEd4 and check the object numbers to be sure. I don't think the cfg will work in ultimate doom builder, but I could be wrong. I've been using the last bugfix version of gzdb for so long.

37 minutes ago, Revae said:

I'm glad you liked it! 

The assets are all in the wad. I have a gzdoombuilder configuration file, but I'm on vacation and may not have access to it for a week or more. There's a possibly older config here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/l3ysqg21vl1cq96/RekGZDBcfg.zip/file

May not be 100% accurate for sunken land... Best to make sure it has the newer monsters and open the deh file in WhackEd4 and check the object numbers to be sure. I don't think the cfg will work in ultimate doom builder, but I could be wrong. I've been using the last bugfix version of gzdb for so long.

Ah that seems to be the issue I've run into, doom builder doesn't support this, so I'll try gzdb to see if I can get it to work. Thank you very much!

On 8/5/2022 at 1:27 AM, Revae said:

Yeah, that was intentional. I was setting up the automap with some standards that are a little off for the doom norm. Usually it's just the secret door that's not shown on the automap, but I hid all secrets. That makes the map powerup pretty much just for traversing the map and seeing normal areas you haven't been. I also hid lines that were just overhangs, so the only thing that shows up yellow on the map is doors... I hid things that weren't structural like broken floor tiles and such, unless they were descriptive for the room (like pools of water or what-have-you).
The secrets thing confused some people in some cases, so I probably should've just stuck with doom community standards. Too late.

Your design decision inspired me to add an option to my sourceport So Doom to force mapping the secret sector lines that have been in player's sight :)
so there is no cheating (they won't be drawn with map powerup) but just a quality-of-life improvement.
UPDATE: current versions of Crispy Doom and So Doom run both REKKRSA and REKKRSL IWADs like

so-doom (crispy-doom) -iwad rekkrsa.wad

and

so-doom (crispy-doom) -iwad rekkrsl.iwad (works both without and with renaming .iwad to .wad)

I also have a question: it seems to me that in REKKRSA the bow shooting/arrow loading/arrow tip charge animation is a bit smoother than in REKKRSL. Did you make any Dehacked changes that could cause that?

P.S. And yes, I really appreciate that you fixed the fists' idle stance in REKKRSL the way I suggested, thanks a lot! :)

Edited by SoDOOManiac : Update of the way to run REKKR IWADs

On 9/2/2022 at 2:42 AM, SoDOOManiac said:

I also have a question: it seems to me that in REKKRSA the bow shooting/arrow loading/arrow tip charge animation is a bit smoother than in REKKRSL. Did you make any Dehacked changes that could cause that?

Nothing I can think of. I sped it up a tad, but that's it. Might just be you're seeing the frames more clearly?

And yeah, once you mentioned the fists thing I couldn't unsee it. Hadda change.

Crossposting from Steam so its more likely to be seen, E1M10 from the newer REKBONUS has a broken checkerboard sky, I assume its meant to have the same one as E1M3

19 hours ago, Agent Slacker said:

Thanks for the new VR levels. But uh, is the hall of mirrors effect intentional?

New VR levels? What are you talking about?

7 hours ago, Devalaous said:

image.png.991dbcc04d924038172f37d42ff27f71.png

I just checked the game like 2 days ago and there was no update.... waaah.

Sorry for double post, but if someone could help me get the new episode to run on DSDA-Doom? The new episode doesn't come up like in the Steam verison, strangly though I had no problem running the other episodes in DSDA-Doom.

Its likely a mapinfo thing. DSDA Doom relies on UMAPINFO for additional episodes, and it can be wonky at times.

EDIT: Yes, Rekkr has no native UMAPINFO support, its all in REKBONUS, which has not been updated.

Edited by Devalaous

11 hours ago, Devalaous said:

Its likely a mapinfo thing. DSDA Doom relies on UMAPINFO for additional episodes, and it can be wonky at times.

EDIT: Yes, Rekkr has no native UMAPINFO support, its all in REKBONUS, which has not been updated.

Got it to work in GZDoom without any trouble, simple drag and drop.

...uh, wait, what? Another bonus episode? Man, that got dropped on everyone like a fucking anvil

Anyway, I've played through all of it, and it still needs a bit of polishing, mostly here:

E6M1: The platforms in the hurty floor room don't rise all the way up on my end, and that's in the version of GZDoom REKKR came with! Didn't find any other trigger to raise them, either, so had to noclip through.

E6M5: The tiny isle below the blue key crusher is a hurtfloor for some reason. The supposed hurtfloors in the exit room aren't. Even though it's possible to get stuck down below, for ever.

E6M6: The walls by one of the platforms are missing textures (need to look into which ones, again). Also, the secret with two backpacks actually has two secret sectors: a normal one and one stuck into a teleport, the latter is (supposedly) inaccessible without cheating. Still trying to figure out how to get both BFG's, and not just one.

I'll put out the new version of REKBONUS when I have the time.

Edited by brightentayle

map E1M10 "$HUSTR_E1M10"
{
	levelnum = 51
	titlepatch = "WILV12"
	next = "E1M4"
	secretnext = "E1M9"
	music = "D_E1M3"
	Sky1 = "SKY1", 0.05
}

This fixes the missing sky in E1M10 for GZDoom, replace the ZMAPINFO's E1M10 bit with this for a quick fix

7 hours ago, brightentayle said:

...uh, wait, what? Another bonus episode? Man, that got dropped on everyone like a fucking anvil

Anyway, I've played through all of it, and it still needs a bit of polishing, mostly here:

E6M1: The platforms in the hurty floor room don't rise all the way up on my end, and that's in the version of GZDoom REKKR came with! Didn't find any other trigger to raise them, either, so had to noclip through.

E6M5: The tiny isle below the blue key crusher is a hurtfloor for some reason. The supposed hurtfloors in the exit room aren't. Even though it's possible to get stuck down below, for ever.

E6M6: The walls by one of the platforms are missing textures (need to look into which ones, again). Also, the secret with two backpacks actually has two secret sectors: a normal one and one stuck into a teleport, the latter is (supposedly) inaccessible without cheating. Still trying to figure out how to get both BFG's, and not just one.

I'll put out the new version of REKBONUS when I have the time.

This will work on DSDA-Doom correct?

Don't expect too much of that new episode. It's more maps, sure, but if you see those textures... Well, that "VR" in the title kinda implies it already.

15 hours ago, Bob9001 said:

This will work on DSDA-Doom correct?

I opened vrekkr in UDB, and it appears to be in GZDoom format. So sadly no super TAS demos of vrekkr.

Hey thar.
Thanks for the heads up on some of the issues. I'll patch in some fixes later.
This started as something for me to distract me from more challenging projects, but (despite the simplicity of the textures) ended up being a lot more work than I thought.
Anyway, it's just for fun. Not canon. Not tested outside of GZDoom.
I'll take a look at the issues mentioned.

51 minutes ago, Revae said:

Hey thar.
Thanks for the heads up on some of the issues. I'll patch in some fixes later.
This started as something for me to distract me from more challenging projects, but (despite the simplicity of the textures) ended up being a lot more work than I thought.
Anyway, it's just for fun. Not canon. Not tested outside of GZDoom.
I'll take a look at the issues mentioned.

Thank you for the work, is nice to have some more content. Just need to figure out how to play it on DSDA-Doom as I don't like the controls from Steam verison.