Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Revae

REKKR - V1.16

On 9/23/2016 at 1:31 PM, Da Werecat said:

Kinda sounds like a 1337 way to spell "wrecker".

As you can imagine by my own name that's exactly what I thought too :) I thought "hey this wad is right down my alley" lol

Hey Revae, first I just want to say that this project looks awesome and I want to wish you the best of luck working on it!

But I want to mention something,in Chocolate Doom you could actually disable the savegame limit (Compatibility>Vanillia Savegame Limit).I hope this would be helpful. (If you already notice this then forgive my ignorance.) :)

Edited by Catpho

7 hours ago, DoodGuy said:

So I'm guessing this is still in development, or was it abandoned?

Still being worked on.  Closer to done than not, just not close enough to put a specific date on it.

5 hours ago, Catpho said:

you could actually disable the savegame limit

Thanks.  Someone else mentioned it too.  It'll be necessary when it's done.  A fair few maps break it.

On 1/25/2018 at 11:15 PM, Revae said:

TOO LATE.

I was going to post "Oh, wow, it's released!", but I saw that it wasn't, and I didn't want to post a "please take your time, but please hurry up" post! So, yeah, I'm busted.

Anyway, please take your time, but please hurry up! - heh :) Looking better and better!

Not everything. Music and sound are hexenmapper and terminus, respectively, and there are a few other mappers. Credits will be a pretty short list overall though.

Looking forward to play this. its looks awesome, i wish you best of luck to rest of the project. All those screenies making me so excited.

3 hours ago, FraxGamer314 said:

Will this require an IWAD or be stand-alone?

It needs doom.wad v1.9

4 hours ago, Revae said:

It needs doom.wad v1.9

Do you have plans on turning REKKR into an IWAD? There's a lot of cool resources resources in the project & it would be pretty cool to have the option to be able make user made wads for REKKR once it's finished.

10 hours ago, HexenMapper said:

Trailer looks awesome! nice work Sarioya

Thanks, man!  Wouldn't have been possible without your awesome music!

14 minutes ago, Jaws In Space said:

Do you have plans on turning REKKR into an IWAD? There's a lot of cool resources resources in the project & it would be pretty cool to have the option to be able make user made wads for REKKR once it's finished.

I don't have any plans for it. Mostly because I'm not even sure how to go about ut. Especially  with the dehacked-ness and all.

40 minutes ago, Revae said:

I don't have any plans for it. Mostly because I'm not even sure how to go about ut. Especially  with the dehacked-ness and all.

It really wouldn't take too much effort. You could go about it one of 2 ways. First it to simply turn REKKR into IWAD, I know that DeepSea could do that, but I think there are some other editors that could do that too. Then once that's done just release it with the DeHackEd. The 2nd option would be to ask one of DoomWorlds many programmers to make you a custom version of Chocolate Doom that implements the new behavior of the DeHackEd, that's fairly simple stuff so it wouldn't be too much to ask for. I'm sure @fraggle or @anotak would be a bit more knowledgeable with that than I am though.

Might want to update the local copy then.  Someone immediately pointed out something game breaking.  Whoops.  It's updated now.

Congrats Revae and everyone involved!  I was lurking this thread over the last few days, I must have sensed it was near :)

Wow! This actually looks delightful! Gotta give it a try right now, nice job! Reminds me a lot to Lot and TES IV. I like that.

Fuck yeah! Been waiting eagerly for this. 

Gotta give it a spin ASAP.