Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Post your Doom textures!

They look OK. Though the SUPPORT3 on the outside looks to be trim instead of part of the door itself TBH. Door 1 + 2 are great :)

^ Hahaha.

Basically it started when I did these support edits.

These became walls.

Then midtextures.

I made some COMPTILE and COMPBLUE edits if anyone wants to use them.

Original version here
|
|
V

Some wire versions

And the COMPBLUE edits finally.

Original version here
|
|
V

I dunno if anyone did any of these before but if so, lemme know.

I was fixing a couple of things in my copy of cc4-tex and noticed the textures PLANET1 and PLANET2 both use the Mars screen. I realized some planets were missing so I made the TScreens.

Edit: Fixed image. I made Mexico too big.

I guess I'll post my version of a tileable BROWN144 now, too. It's 128x192, using the original Doom patches with some edits. It may look odd, but I made it like this because it's normally used on steps, in sewers, or on the side walls of stairs leading down into dungeons and sewers at a height of 96 or 128. On stair side walls, with standard offsets, it randomizes the pattern enough to be interesting. Also, if you fit in onto a 64x128 wall, with offsets you can get about a dozen different textures out of it, most of them tileable, plus a few 128x128 textures. I replaced the original in my default setup and it works pretty well, unless it's used to paint a big wall. Also, there are so few 192-high textures.

bzzrak said:

ignore this post

No >:(

Ignoring that, I was politely PM'ed by Dynamo asking if I could post the aforementioned heaven textures. Here they are:-

I hope they help. If you make use of them (in WADs or edits etc), please credit me. That's all I ask.

I did this a while back and posted it in the ZDoom Forums, but I should post it here too:

It's edited from a photograph of Salt Lake City's overlooking mountains (as seen from the nearby city of Ogden) that an online friend took.

16-frame liquid animations

Includes:
BLOOD
FWATER
LAVA
NUKAGE
SLIME01
SLIME05

Download

Wad can be plugged in with any wad that doesn't replace the liquid flat animations. Has the unfortunate side effect of making idsoftware's effects to create the animations much more obvious. The animation speed is hardcoded and there's nothing about that I can do on my end.

EffinghamHuffnagel said:

...I realized some planets were missing so I made the TScreens.

Nobody hates Pluto, nice work. :)

The heaven texture set looks beautiful, Dragonfly. I like the golden decorations on the white marble. Not to mention that the hexagonal detail for heavenly marble is interesting to see.

I'm really digging those new liquid animations.

EDIT: Some edits.

BRONZEST edits here.

And some DOORMTAL edits (this texture I made a while back)

Oh and a ICEF1 and NFMBGY01 edit.

antares031 said:

The heaven texture set looks beautiful, Dragonfly. I like the golden decorations on the white marble. Not to mention that the hexagonal detail for heavenly marble is interesting to see.

Glad you like them! The hexagonal detailing was my way of trying to make it a little more 'doomy', for want of a better word to explain what I mean.

CrimCuttle said:

ooh yis

:)

Had this since last year. Realized not everyone may have found it.

This is the "lost" animated version of W73B_1 - FIRELAV3. I found it in the Romero dump as a 192x128 texture marked "Don't Use". I recognized the pattern, re-named it, re-sized it and added it to my default setup. FIRELAVA animates perfectly now just like the other fire textures. Not sure why a duplicate of W73A_2 was used in the Iwad instead of this one.

Edit: I also did yellow re-colors of all three FIRExxxx texture sets. They look very good in hellish maps up against red rock/brick, especially behind monsters in barred alcoves in darker rooms.

Edit2: I had to to do some minor edits to some of the yellow ones afterwards. The brighter textures showed some flaws that the darker red ones hid. Tried to soften the obvious horizontal lines in FIRELAVx.

Edit3: Attempt 3. A little better I think.

There's only two in the IWAD, and I hadn't caught on to that third one Effingham posted. I didn't really read the post, I just saw cool yellow stuff :P

Lighter blue variants

Eris Falling said:

There's only two in the IWAD, and I hadn't caught on to that third one Effingham posted. I didn't really read the post, I just saw cool yellow stuff :P

Lighter blue variants
http://i.imgur.com/0LSEf3v.png

What about purple or green variation of this texture? It would be nice to see them.

Green is fine, but Doom only has like 5 shades of purple, so it's not very good for textures, couldn't get the second one looking good at all. Surprised that the first one was even somewhat presentable to be honest.

EffinghamHuffnagel said:

Not sure why a duplicate of W73A_2 was used in the Iwad instead of this one.

They animate between FIRELAVA and FIRELAV3.

Problem is, the textures are in order FIRELAV2, FIRELAV3, FIRELAVA, because numbers come before letters when sorting. So FIRELAV2 is never actually used anywhere...

Ed said:

(awesome computer screens)

*mind blown*
I love how they all look so retro with the little buttons, dials, and yet so modern. The dark tone is even more awesome.

Did you get that planet rotation from Doom 3's menu screen (or Google Earth?)? In fact i see you are using Doom 3 designs, such as the UAC logo.

10/10 would play map with these textures.

Sgt Ender said:

I wish I could make actually decent textures

You just gotta keep at it my dude.
It's much easier when you have a feel of what you're trying to make.
Also have fun with it, I'm not a pro but I can tell you it's much better when you're enjoying what you're doing.