Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Post your Doom textures!

Here you go:

Some of them were pretty much noise so I didn't touch those. There's also two versions of FLAT23 as I wasn't sure which one I preferred (leaning towards the first).

Oooh that looks so much better! :D Agreed on the noise ones though- it was more like the marble ones etc that tend to stand out a lot more!

I found a Gimp script that shuffles tiles around.

So, with it...

Marble wall:

Tile overlay (a simple grid of black and white lines, gray on intersection, layered as soft light):

Random shuffle:

Checkerboard overlay (light and dark gray pattern, layered as soft light):

A small limitation is that it only handles square, horizontal tiles. No diamonds or hexagons.

I think that the FLAT23 one looks better not shuffled, like the tiles are shiny, and all illuminated by the same light source.

More tiles!

Heretic redwall, and square pebbles with an orange tint:

Hexen cave walls:

Hexen forest tiles and ice:

Hexen wasteland walls:

My first attempt at a custom switch texture, I was attempting to make something a bit fancier than the normal red & green Doom switch. It's not the best looking thing, but it works well enough. Paired it with MODWALL because MODWALL is cool.

Here is the spinning asteroid computer finished. I put pngs in a zip file because linking all the pics using a image hosting site would have been a pain in the ass. Zip also includes brighmaps. I don't know if the pics are paletted.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8p79bb4tizsd2j0/mkbcom.zip

I didn't include any animdefs or doomdef txt file so have fun typing those out. Animation probably looks best if you use tics somewhere between 5 and 10.

Texture suggestion: it's really cool how the crates and the rocket boxes have a similar design. It'd be nice if there were 64x64 crates in the style of the ammo boxes, shell boxes, and battery packs too.

I wasn't very happy with the older tall support2 I made earlier, so here's a new version. I closely attempted to match the original's bits where its darker and lighter, unlike the original one I made.

As it would look in game if you replicated the normal SUPPORT2 texture:

Should still go next to SHAWN2 and the like fairly well.

rdwpa said:

Texture suggestion: it's really cool how the crates and the rocket boxes have a similar design. It'd be nice if there were 64x64 crates in the style of the ammo boxes, shell boxes, and battery packs too.

I actually did that a few years ago, as a map in a now scrapped project of mine was going to be set in an ammo factory.

I'll try to post them here sometime tomorrow.

Playing with some Alpha textures.

Some Key Eye Switches and Key Eye Switch Doors.
FYI, I used my version of WALL42_3 as the border. It doesn't have quite the character of the original, but it tiles seamlessly on the vertical.

Original Alpha hex wall as a 64x128, my darker variant, and some hidden switches for them (created from an Alpha patch). Second panels look okay, but kind of obvious (not very hidden) at fullbright.

Using the second panel once should show the red switch and using that should change to the green switch. Is there a way to do an A-B-C switch without scripting?

EffinghamHuffnagel said:

Using the second panel once should show the red switch and using that should change to the green switch. Is there a way to do an A-B-C switch without scripting?

http://i.imgur.com/eczUMOe.png

No. You can fake it by having two really very close lines so that the texture with A is on a very, very thin sector that is instantly moved up or down to show the wall behind it with the B/C switch.

Here are the requested ammo crates:

And here are some flats, with a pattern based on a flat in Suspended in Dusk. I didn't bother shuffling the tiles around, but there are only a couple with noticeable patterns anyway.

And here are some alternate versions, with a slightly different border:

Spoiler

Testing different bump maps on one of my bazillion materials. I still wonder where this design originally came from: In doom the extrusions on the trim are not evenly spaced, leading me to believe it's based on a photo. I did mine on a grid:

Have some lights- based on the panels from the first game, but aligned to 64 stuff!
Comes in a couple of sizes and various orientations~ :)

DOWNLOAD HERE!!
Not in wad format though...you know what to do. They are split into patches and flats.

Paint.NET is a great tool for basic texturing, due to the pixels on the textures being perfectly aligned with the selection grid.

Nice textures as of late guys! That fireblu crate is funny, and the "warning stripe" silver texture is actually really nice Fuzzball! :D

while silver stuff is in style, here's my attempt at making a version of shawn1 that isn't so annoying:

centered, has proper bottom, has a proper edge, etc. I vaguely understand why they would do it, but the artists had a habit of chopping up the source patches in vertical strips (sometimes 2 pixels wide) and shifting around bits horizontally, which made aligning a bottom part incredibly tricky. They also shifted around some small horizontal blocks. I tried to keep things aligned as carefully as possible.

interestingly the old "pac man" logo version of the uac metal patch seemed to be slightly more sane. hmm