Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Post your Doom textures!

EffinghamHuffnagel said:

Edit: I just realized that if mine were used in conjunction with the standard ones from cc4-tex (red with dark red, blue with bright blue, etc), they could be used as a giant 128x128 key wall switch.

So I took my own suggestion. Completely silly, but what the hell.
Credit to NiGHTMARE for some of the colored comp textures from cc4-tex.

I think those comptile switches need some piping/cables/supports coming across to the switches themselves for support and the square section to be shaded a tad that they look raised more than the edges (hope that makes sense!). The buttons themselves could also just be the standard green too I think.

Good stuff!

Yeah, I made the switch base out of the cc4 Compspan to match the borders. Didn't leave a lot of room for shading. I've also been toying with color-coordinating some switches to the textures they're on, especially as key indicators. I got tired of red/green shiny metal.

Are these at all interesting/useful or just silly?

FuzzballFox said:

I've never seen red and black warning stripes. Usually the standards are red and white, or yellow and black; with yellow/black meaning "caution" and red/white meaning "keep clear". I've also seen yellow/black for "moves down" and "red/white" for "moves up" which is a convention that'd work well in Doom.

I did do some other variations before back when I did the noir pack stuff- has red and white in there!

Heavy edited from a photo I took of my cheap drawer, free to use commercially with no crediting and all that jazz.

How's this look? I colorized it and over-saturated it.

Spoiler

Edit: Second try is a little better. More dark red, less dark brown.
Spoiler

Edit2: I realized the first panel looks better in the first version and the other panels look better in the second version (to me at least), so I added the first version back in, and spoilered them because they're so big.

I played with the Godmode Switch. The 'on' might be a little too dark. I was going off the look of SW2_8.

Edit: I'm still not sure about the cheeks and nose. I kept playing with them. I think they need something, but I couldn't find how much or how bright. I like the eyebrows and ears, though.

Needed the middle light on this floor for a project and wasn't sure if it was made before or not so I just made it really quick. Meant to be used in close proximity to the cement textures.

Memfis said:

For many of these it is hard to understand what is pressed and what is unpressed. Often after pressing the button becomes darker but top light becomes brighter???

It makes sense. Light switches often work like this, a faint light on the switch when the lamp is off, so that you can find the switch in darkness.

franckFRAG said:

Just a simple room for testing some new textures that I made, for the next french doom community project.

Any relation between that level and the proposed medieval-style megawad "Arcane Doom" which may have not taken off?

The Halloweeny color scheme (orange and black) makes me think it's rather tied to "Tangerine Nightmares".

franckFRAG said:

Just a simple room for testing some new textures that I made, for the next french doom community project.

Lovely stuff, Franck! A shame the palette doesn't seem to fade nicely, maybe some palette/colormap work could be done to solve that?

Wow, I'm surprised that the name "Arcane Doom" is still mentioned! Arcane Doom is a very old project that will never happen... Gez become better informed :P

Allright AD, the palette is already slightly worked again, but perhaps we should a wider orange palette.

Makes me think the face details could look cool for new faces for enemies. Yea, the orange color ramp looks like... was/is it really like that in Doom? Should either fade to red color or brown colors, not both like that. ID should have done some manual tweaks on the colormap.

try to look at realm667 repository, there are lots of texture packs with custom switch texture.

On 22/2/2017 at 8:10 AM, FuzzballFox said:

EYaPjBW.png
Have some lights- based on the panels from the first game, but aligned to 64 stuff!
Comes in a couple of sizes and various orientations~ :)

How are you able to make a grid over the light like that?