Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Post your Doom textures!

@gaspe Depending on the software that would be easily done using any combination of opacity and blending options such as overlay. :)

On 14/03/2017 at 11:16 AM, jmickle66666666 said:

@franckFRAG i think i have an extended orange palette that i worked on for my orange project, i can see if i can dig it up if you want

I'm interested :)

Lots of really cool textures there rf but did you really have take a picture of a feminist vagina and put it there. Now I have to pour bleach into my ear for the next month or so.

57 minutes ago, illuknisaa said:

Lots of really cool textures there rf but did you really have take a picture of a feminist vagina and put it there. Now I have to pour bleach into my ear for the next month or so.

Don't insert any agendas here, only textures.

8 minutes ago, FuzzballFox said:

Wait what? D:

As far as I know, he's talking about the toothed vertical blood fountain.

What we have now is scarier than Post Hell: we have nothing. A void aching to be filled but never to be sated, where posts deemed unworthy are cast screaming into its fangless maw. Quake in fear mortals, for they can only delete our posts.

One time I tried to make new textures for Doomguy's face, as a test but eventually planned to put in my own face for further immersion or something. Here's the faces:

STFST00.png.0824d47879cecaf012b70d7c944a7c06.pngSTFST01.png.a7cb8fc08f5682406b9ca9699ca6531c.pngSTFST02.png.4962e0bc919f5aac1f10e5158be5e997.png

However, I didn't know how to center them in the right position on the screen, so the results were disastrous. Never gave it another shot.

What kinds of feminists have you been hanging out with? Or am I the fool for not knowing the more committed a woman becomes to her emancipation the angrier her vagina becomes

It is a Well Known Fact that the initiation rites for a woman to become a feminist include praying to the Dark Goddess of Pants so that she may turn the woman's vagina into a toothed, sand worm-esque creature that can extend outside the crevice and launch concentrated gamma ray from its mouth, which mutates the vaginas of other women into the same creatures and turns them into feminists and mutates men into a gremlin-esque slave race that bow to any woman's every whim, like treating her as a human being.

So I found this glacial rock formation. Do you think it works as an Interpic?

Maybe for a "Journey To The Center Of The Earth" type project?

evW9vOm.png

Edited by EffinghamHuffnagel

To be honest, it reminds me much, much more of something... else.

But if that's the aesthetic you wanna go for, uh, go ahead. It could work!

17 hours ago, EffinghamHuffnagel said:

So I found this glacial rock formation. Do you think it works as an Interpic?

Maybe for a "Journey To The Center Of The Earth" type project?

evW9vOm.png

Is that some sort of commentary about the previous digression?

I think you should suggest it to Gusta and method man.

So I wish there was a "facepalm" button on the forum. I'd have broken it on this page alone.

4 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Just make a post pointing to your avatar.

archvile_beta_trans.png.9831acacef8eb43a

On 3/19/2017 at 7:57 PM, Gez said:

Is that some sort of commentary about the previous digression?

Yes.   Yes it is.

While I enjoy a good discussion on the cultural history of the vagina and its importance and use in society, politics and religion (who doesn't), considering the nature of the thread, I felt I should post something approximating a texture. And while I'm sure that image would find a happy home in HDoom or the next WOOO, I grant it may be a bit obvious in its representation. If something more subtle is desired, there is this:

sNqd077.png

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread.

And now, something for the truly OCD among us. AG128_1 and AG128_2 don't actually tile seamlessly. They both have a doubled column on their right edge that prevents it. It doesn't look like an error in the metal, but more like a mistake. So I went about fixing it. Unfortunately, those two are used as a base for a LOT of other textures; I had to do a bunch more. 

Everything in the first two rows tiles seamlessly with any of the others on the horizontal plane, and vertically with itself. The vertical 'edge' may be a bit dark, but it is seamless. FYI, the third image is AG128_3 from the alphas and I found the fourth in a folder; it was named AG128_4; no idea where it came from, but I fixed it. I also decided to align the top and bottom borders of the silver textures in the third row while I was at it. The colored ones came mostly from cc4. I made a couple of new ones.

Edit: Forgot to mention; the Shawn switches I posted on a previous page also tile seamlessly with these. Horizontal and vertical, like the first two rows.

dmqRVTU.png

One more for good measure. DOOR2_1 is the first texture I 'fixed' for myself 15 years ago. The only thing I did differently from the others I've seen is that I adjusted the spacing of the decorations under the logo. They were off. And my 128-high version. It's OK, but I don't love it.

QIPPycg.png  keQKezG.png  zaRphRq.png

Edit2: I knew I'd forget one. The white Shawn.

Edited by EffinghamHuffnagel : touched up two darker shawns that looked too flat

12 minutes ago, EffinghamHuffnagel said:

One more for good measure. DOOR2_1 is the first texture I 'fixed' for myself 15 years ago.

Something I feel I should also have done many moons ago. Nevertheless, good job! :)

j5fdqb.jpg

Metal texture I did with my texture mixer. Not derived from any Doom texture. When you know what you are doing, you can have texture like that in 15 mins. Btw I was looking for this forum and couldnt find it, so I posted one more texture (green/cyan) in Post your Doom picture :D

I am curious about this texture mixer. I assume it's a piece of software? If so, could you release a alpha/beta copy of it for public testing / feature suggestions? Would be a shame if you lost interest before the project was finished and seeing some community interest may even be a motivator for you!

Dragonfly, Jon: Thanks for reply, guys! Its not a software, its technically just a very little part of a software. Im developing a FPS game, and wrote the texture mixer function for generating some actually nice textures, not just random selections of photos mirrored on both axes. Now after I see your interest, I could extend it into standalone software, give it some Win form and add some extra features. Tex mixer is technically not complicated. It has just like 200-300 lines in C++. I use Photoshop convolution mask to generate shadows - if I have added this to program, it would be next 200 lines. Not very big deal, really. When there will be some extra time, I will perhaps try to clean the tex program up and upload it there.