Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Post your Doom textures!

On 4/16/2017 at 10:52 AM, HyperLuke said:

I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask, but is there any threads or tutorials regarding the creation of custom textures? Cheers.

I made a couple tutorials a while ago: 

16 minutes ago, jmickle66666666 said:

I made a couple tutorials a while ago: 

Those are great, but I have already seen them, found them from browsing this thread a bit.

Remember the SHAWN variants I posted here? Those were made by copy-pasting and resizing parts of the stock SHAWN texture. Now I've remade them from scratch, by generating patches with a similar (slightly randomized) pattern by a program I wrote myself, and editing those in GIMP. Each of the vertical and horizontal variants has every single pixel unique, made from a fresh randomly generated SHAWN-like patch, not by copying pixels from other variants. The square variants were made by overlaying pixels of the vertical and horizontal variants, though.

esi27rp.png

4EBNuBb.png

DwFsWO6.png

aqS84pP.png

F1ovIn3.png

Edited by scifista42

I think this was intended for Crudreams? The last two are for a 256-high circular column/pillar.

WqoCPKJ.png

These are more CEIL5_2 variants that were made around the theme of SacrificeDM MAP02. Those .bmp files are dated August 2000.

dsrZtrm.pngBgXnwmc.png

Cartoonish keypad I made in 1998 for a level that never came out. (Although it's done now.)

TFhIrtu.png

And the magnum opus after I discovered transform functions of Paint Shop Pro back in the day:

paXhSPC.png

http://i.imgur.com/VENEx10.gifv

Afterglow: I like the last one, you could do some more holes in that. Or even better - make this animated so it will looks it opens and closes :D it would be trippy

31 minutes ago, NinjaLiquidator said:

Afterglow: I like the last one, you could do some more holes in that. Or even better - make this animated so it will looks it opens and closes :D it would be trippy

Look at the gif he has linked at the bottom of his post.

Added more materials and color option to texture generator. Now I am trying to define what makes door texture feel like a door texture, cause this doesnt much feel like one. But at least it has nice yellow lights on the top that feel like something straight out of DooM.

output.PNG

Can someone convert these into something we can use in classic Doom? It would be EPIC!

emerson-tung-en-templar-relief-tiles.jpg

emerson-tung-en-templar-sarcophagus-fina

@Dragonfly

WOW! Great stuff! I wonder if we could use Doomextract to get more textures out of the game. There are some really nice ones in there.

I'm a noob when it comes to texture editing but were these converted to the Doom pallete?

^ Even if not, they're grayscale, so conversion to Doom palette will affect them minimally.

These are converted to the palette already. They use dooms greys and dark greens. I saved them in GIF format to ensure they were 256 coloour limited and used the doom2 PLAYPAL as the palette. :)

41 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

These are converted to the palette already. They use dooms greys and dark greens. I saved them in GIF format to ensure they were 256 coloour limited and used the doom2 PLAYPAL as the palette. :)

How about a green version that works with the green brick textures?

Those Doom 2016 textures are amazing but they feel incomplete without bricks. I wonder if we could get a few brick textures from the game using Doomextract.

Who do I credit for those if I use them in-game? They will go perfectly for the final room of my new episode.

I don't require or expect credit for the 'rips' but you can if you wish. For the textures themselves, I'd probably credit Emerson Tung & id Software. :)

EPIC!

Now just to find a few brick textures that seamlessly work with these.

vV97vvK.png aj789rP.png P52omuT.png

uD0WF4W.png npJlAea.png rrbb3FJ.png

GAtD6Uu.png 4gHdoW9.png aoYg4wA.png

Dg34Xo6.png sZfW4TN.png fy7JOvn.png

I am aware the green pallette isn't so good. I could do better but do not have access to SLADE from here, so I winged it, heh. Same comment applies to the bricks.

The gray ones look wonderful! Those shapes at the corners could be a bit darker though. They seem a bit too bright in comparison to the rest of the image. The first one could also be a great basis for more brick textures.

6v3yzbH.png
Assorted pictures made from self-taken photos, except for that rombus-pattern one that is entirely digital but still 100% from scratch.

Feel free to use for your projects, non-paletted but i doubt there'd be much issue outside of the rusty ones.

1iYOzE5.png

Working on a texture pack using only Doom 2 patches, with no new imported graphics. The rest of the set are more simple edits, but hopefully useful for everyone.