Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Post your Doom textures!

8 hours ago, Gothic said:

http://i.imgur.com/1iYOzE5.png

Working on a texture pack using only Doom 2 patches, with no new imported graphics.

Beware using negative y offsets for any patches in the texture editor, they don't work properly in classic ports, making the textures look glitched out. See for example TEKWALL1 - in vanilla and classic ports, the upper 16 pixels of this texture get duplicated when displayed in the game, even though it doesn't look like that in the texture editor or preview. Negative y offsets for patches in the texture editor should be entirely avoided unless you're making the texture pack specifically for advanced ports that fix this.

Well, there goes my plans for a vanilla texture pack. I'm almost finished with it, so I'm not bothering with vanilla compatibility bullshit.

Just so you know, even PrBoom-plus is among the classic ports that keep this buggy behavior.

Nah. Worst case, people can convert them to single-patch graphics quickly in SLADE 3.

You could salvage your effort while reincluding only a minimum of graphics by replacing every instance of a stock patch with a negative y offset by a custom patch with zero y offset that would look like the respective stock patch with the upper part cut out.

34 minutes ago, Gustavo6046 said:

I was working on this texture.

Interesting. :)

If I may add some criticism, I would suggest adding a bit of shadow to one of the sides and the bottom to make the light gray background pop a bit more.

17 minutes ago, obake said:

Interesting. :)

If I may add some criticism, I would suggest adding a bit of shadow to one of the sides and the bottom to make the light gray background pop a bit more.

It looks to me like shadows are already there on one side and the top because the light gray is the foreground.

On 24/06/2017 at 1:38 PM, Empyre said:

It looks to me like shadows are already there on one side and the top because the light gray is the foreground.

Correct.

cf74k2dx6as5ndhzg.jpg
Showcasing a silly idea of turning METAL1 into something transparent.

4 hours ago, ukiro said:

Contemplating color choices.

Why not all three? If not all three I would totally go for the middle one. The Olive Brown and steel.

I've always treated CEIL5_1 as FLAT14's "elder brother", and this is the not-so-inventive result of when you just want to make justice so bad it hurts.
2ppz1rnuruk18jvzg.jpg
Have some taste of the result being implemented, folks!
83ilc0otsxy49lfzg.jpg
P.S.: Heck, I could've done this with all carpet-looking flats, from FLAT5_5 to CEIL4_2, from FLAT1 to FLAT19... Nevermind now. :D

34 minutes ago, ItsNatureToDie said:

Worth noting that the rock textures are line-less MWALL1_1 after using GraphicsGales emboss effect, grey scaled and afterwards recolored. The other marb textures are also M_MWALL1 with the pallets lightest to darkest reversed.

Marb Texture edit.zip

Marb edit textures.PNG

The first two mentally scare me.

58 minutes ago, ItsNatureToDie said:

Worth noting that the rock textures are line-less MWALL1_1 after using GraphicsGales emboss effect, grey scaled and afterwards recolored. The other marb textures are also M_MWALL1 with the pallets lightest to darkest reversed.

I like those Cybers!

For long, I thought that MARBFACE was the Cyberdemon, before facing the actual origin of the texture.
And now seeing the "Cyber Marble" in particular proves me wrong further. How apt. :D

14 hours ago, ItsNatureToDie said:

Those look excellent :D a great alternative to vanilla marble

uonG1Kv.pngkBkGnC2.pngZKXeW71.pngVS7KpJh.png5vD4nTe.png

For n00bs on image downloading from websites like this topic:

Spoiler

Different textures. Right-click on your desired one, then select "Save Image As..." (may be slightly different depending on the browser - just don't run MS-DOS browsers :D) on to your favorite textures folder, then import it in SLADE. :)

I just made it on GIMP. Not the best textures (I forgot to add some bolts in the edges...) but should do it for a basic tech level.

We still need a door texture that tiles nicely horizontally AND that has side details. :P

I might work on one later, but I've overrun myself with tons of projects...

Here's a little basic trim/step texture I made last night if anyone needs it.

Feel free to modify it. :)

MR_TRIM1.png.70c8ab813dc600feff464af2d3c89f16.png

I put everything into a pk3 with Decorate and all. You should now be able to use the chandeliers in GZDoom/DB2/Slade level editors. Let me know if there are any problems and I will fix them if I can.

There is also a nice Theatre curtain in there as well.

UPDATED LINK IN MY POST ABOVE^^