Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Post your Doom textures!

It helped yes, I like how the left side of the hazard stripe is cut off and looks like an arrow pointing downward due to the corner part you have there, if only the right side of the hazard had an arrow also. It would totally tell the player that the thing is going to be moving down, watch your head.

The hazard stripe helps, but currently looks unfinished because the right side of it only has a little slit of yellow stripe.

The UAC logo and text looks ...well MS-Paint-ish- it would probably be a better idea to use the actual Doom graphics instead trying to remake them with a font. The logo looks wonky and a lil' messy around the edges basically. Lemme dig up something you can use as a replacement to make it fit into stock.

Also worth pointing out is that the warning string shouldn't be outlined like the rest of the "COMP" part- they were not in the originals and if you plan on it being a door, then it needs substance and shading rather than a lighter outline on everything.

unknown.png

This is from Romero's dump. The text is a smidge off but its not horrific, but the UAC logo itself is much cleaner, and even there in white for you to transfer onto the texture yourself and recolour it. If you're feeling adventurous you could try and give a lil' bit of anti-aliasing but given the limit of the dark greys in the palette you might only get one shade out of it.

Edited by Fuzzball

2 hours ago, Memfis said:

Learn from Mr. Nathan Lineback!

11upnAh.png

Didn't know Ben Garrison made a map for doom

That is waay too absorbent, just beacuase it's labeled a door and a wall in the case of the screen shot Aboove.., dont's mean it's rally issz.. :D ..cough ! all it needs now it a grid..

also STFU :D

Anyway I had in mind something like this:

XCMPDOR2.png.961966b3ce82af462f8e7f6d4d9336bf.png

or..

XCMPDOR3.png

and trying not to mess with the texture theme/style you have going. 

It's a cool texture and I still like the idea of having a support texture on each side. :)

Another idea to help signify it as a door would maybe having a little shawn2 in the logo.. just a thought though.

But really, a big blood stain could do it. = why does that have a blood stain? I didn't put it there..

Edited by Mr.Rocket

Flip the yellow upside down in the first example so it has a strip of arrows pointing up in the direction the door will travel.

8 hours ago, Fuzzball said:

The UAC logo and text looks ...well MS-Paint-ish- it would probably be a better idea to use the actual Doom graphics instead trying to remake them with a font. The logo looks wonky and a lil' messy around the edges basically. Lemme dig up something you can use as a replacement to make it fit into stock.

Also worth pointing out is that the warning string shouldn't be outlined like the rest of the "COMP" part- they were not in the originals and if you plan on it being a door, then it needs substance and shading rather than a lighter outline on everything.

unknown.png

This is from Romero's dump. The text is a smidge off but its not horrific, but the UAC logo itself is much cleaner, and even there in white for you to transfer onto the texture yourself and recolour it. If you're feeling adventurous you could try and give a lil' bit of anti-aliasing but given the limit of the dark greys in the palette you might only get one shade out of it.

I took the picture from the Internet, so that was probably the problem.

Some strange color adjustments:

SKINCUT.jpg.1e7f2fa3a8fa54e11386868e9af7eda8.jpg

SKINSYMB.jpg.0d0aa6627bb1ff2f6b691fbeef8643f8.jpg

MARBFACE.jpg.5857d686529816b2db05275a5935b56a.jpg

PANBLUE.jpg.87c7a98e3e222bfa0be7843f781abfec.jpg

If you like all 428 textures as jpg, ask.

EDIT: or flats

2 hours ago, BLλZING_DUST said:

Bunch of Doom Slayer related textures.

COMP_S.png.27f23db1f5fb6d736ce946b41865efa9.pngCOMP_S2.png.43e7fc83ebd4f1b3b05146bfad4d8e20.pngCOMP_S3.png.99c2a8de64742b8256514daf57f1fe57.png

(cut the rest)

Even the computers realise who's the boss. Nice texture work anyhow.

2 hours ago, BLλZING_DUST said:

Bunch of Doom Slayer related textures.

They give me a Quake vibe.

Amazing stuff.

A quick edit of the door posted earlier, nothing too fancy to keep it clean like the original.

xvAke7V.png

31 minutes ago, Agent6 said:

They give me a Quake vibe.

Amazing stuff.

A good chunk is based off the Quake textures. Even the one computer texture in the middle is an edited version of some Quake CTF computer screen texture I've found.

6 hours ago, Simon666 said:

A quick edit of the door posted earlier, nothing too fancy to keep it clean like the original.

xvAke7V.png

I like the idea of possibly having a transparent solid door frame. ~ to place in front and behind the door.

Novaseer could just add that as a new texture and not actually make any changes to his original.

@BLλZING_DUST, nice Doom Slayer style textures btw :)

This one will work well in hell levels.

PiFVxfE.png

This one is inspired by Zelda 2, from the first palace.

tqOsq6n.png

Some kind of landscape for hell levels.

mpBfEKp.png

This one i think was inspired by Painkiller, another good game.

UJMvtzV.png

Edited by Simon666

12 hours ago, Simon666 said:

xvAke7V.png

Now THAT looks like a door! Unfortunately, it looks like a door and door frame. It would look weird when the whole thing moves up.

I needed something to warn the player of the three Arch-Viles (on UV) waiting behind this optional door (which you need to pass through for the secret level, in addition to finding 6 switches concealed in the map's other secrets)

XDOORDTH.png.e114f5a247b86e0038e2d2ed44ee9397.png

2 hours ago, Novaseer said:

I needed something to warn the player of the three Arch-Viles (on UV) waiting behind this optional door (which you need to pass through for the secret level, in addition to finding 6 switches concealed in the map's other secrets)

What did you have in mind aside from the door texture its self and Arch Viles laughing at the player from the other side of the door?

If just the door texture why not use the modern tech door you've made prior and a "do not open" in blood on it?

Or was the idea to have an older version which no marine has gone before? ~ which would explain the old door texture.

2 hours ago, Mr.Rocket said:

What did you have in mind aside from the door texture its self and Arch Viles laughing at the player from the other side of the door?

If just the door texture why not use the modern tech door you've made prior and a "do not open" in blood on it?

Or was the idea to have an older version which no marine has gone before? ~ which would explain the old door texture.

For the door I made prior, that's just for COMP-styled areas, it wouldn't fit in the area I have the door set.

8 hours ago, Novaseer said:

TBH if I saw that door I'd open it right away.  Sounds too much like a misdirect away from the stash of good stuff!

I like those doors very much actually. Not knowing if you *really* shouldn't open it or if it's a mislead away from the good stuff is the fun of it!

46 minutes ago, DMPhobos said:

Reminds me of a quick edit i did recently for a door in darkmoon =P

UTOOR5.png.306dd1c315f2a5900f84a5be038f61f3.png

Don't Hell, Open Inside?

iIn short, doors can be disturbing.

6 hours ago, ETTiNGRiNDER said:

TBH if I saw that door I'd open it right away.  Sounds too much like a misdirect away from the stash of good stuff!

Unless it requires 6 switches first.

@Novaseer For the door, question at hand, hmm I still don't know where you're wanting to go with it, if it's to be more chaotic? Add some darker translucent blood all over the door? ~ seems how no less you will be having more of the same type of door through out the level (area) with same texture scheme.

Cheers

Edited by Mr.Rocket

On 7/15/2018 at 10:52 PM, Solmyr said:

Oh17oYI.png

Ono, the Universal Union is invading Doom :v .