Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Post your Doom textures!

I'm gonna make a sky texture of the paramount mountain lol. Maybe the Windows XP Bliss background too.

Spoilered as these are large images.

You're more than welcome to make textures out of these (which is why I posted these here in the first place):

Spoiler

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image1.jpg

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image1.jpg

image0.jpg

Some cute floor graphics..
862065154_spritesheet(7).png.87bcf9b40b4447d21c31d581c2d06e30.png

And a bonus wall overlay that I have no idea how I want to paint, if anyone wants to mess with it, go for it.
wall03.png.cb7aa4486c586cd0ab78d637647fb379.png

On 12/5/2020 at 3:04 AM, kwc said:

And a bonus wall overlay that I have no idea how I want to paint, if anyone wants to mess with it, go for it.
wall03.png.cb7aa4486c586cd0ab78d637647fb379.png

This was bound to happen eventually.

FIREBLU1.png.9a6f4ac05ea7afd45f51fdf488fc5f0e.pngFIREBLU2.png.76601c921e745a3884b486d8f58312bf.png

@DooMAD @Gez @LoneAlpha2401 
Ahh, I love you guys. Huge grin on my face seeing these.
Thanks for the criticism, Gez, I'll try and keep symmetry in mind a bit more when working on walls.

On 12/5/2020 at 6:24 AM, ViolentBeetle said:

Neat, add blue ones and you'll get key-indicating tiles.

Good idea.
I find blue to be pretty tough to work with in Doom's Palette, but I gave it a shot.
grate-blu.png.1b7d9e3518ab576af1dc16b1b65ab0d1.png

Been working away on some fun quick floor tile things in the mean time, nothing too stunning but easy to work with.
328117854_spritesheet(12).png.6646a2454f2030b31fce409f9b21d48a.png

I REALLY like those craggly brick tiles with the wide grout. Nice and chunky, and the tiles really pop.

On jeudi 3 décembre 2020 at 4:28 AM, Man of Doom said:

You're more than welcome to make textures out of these (which is why I posted these here in the first place):

I tried to turn your hard drive into a door. Makes sense, right?

AFZZIUU.png

Mostly I liked the molding and thought it could fit a techy door, but I don't really like the result, the photo-origin parts don't blend well with the pixel art bits borrowed from Doom doors, despite my efforts at massaging the color range and mixing it in with some SHAWN.

28 minutes ago, Gez said:

I tried to turn your hard drive into a door. Makes sense, right?

AFZZIUU.png

Mostly I liked the molding and thought it could fit a techy door, but I don't really like the result, the photo-origin parts don't blend well with the pixel art bits borrowed from Doom doors, despite my efforts at massaging the color range and mixing it in with some SHAWN.

I actually quite like this. I just think the main design needs to be more symmetrical and it'd be a solid win from me. (As in the main graphic you used should be mirrored horizontally)

19 hours ago, SilverMiner said:

Hellknights and Barons

"Baran" means "ram" in some languages, and baron actually looks like a ram.

(Это я написал не для тебя, а для тех, кто не знает русского, польского и прочих подобных языков)

Edited by ax34

so im making a map with the textures made by Gez with the kwc overlay, and i made some nooby tekwall variants. So there are:

w1_tekwall1.png?raw=true   w1_tekwall4.png?raw=true

Not bad! I'd suggest adding just a line or two of darkness to the top of tech part to help sell the idea they're "behind" the stone part.

Dv8NBND.pngzqspri9.png

The effect is subtle -- it doesn't have to be strong -- but I find that it helps.

5 hours ago, Gez said:

Not bad! I'd suggest adding just a line or two of darkness to the top of tech part to help sell the idea they're "behind" the stone part.

Ok, i will have it in mind when creating new textures.

I think i have to practice making new textures...

On 12/9/2020 at 10:50 AM, Gez said:

You know about the old Xbox intermission background picture?

Because of the rough nature of the original drawing, some of the darker ones remind me of ancient cave paintings.

kwaYj1Q.pngNFZ5TUx.png35KEygR.png

azhaO7M.pnguxABnof.png

Here are some rocks I made and/or edited ages ago. Mostly some "Baby's First Photoshop" level shit and I can't vouch for how good they look in game, but perhaps somebody can find use for 'em.

214334915_somethingexport.png.2885b03758bcefc4639cffaaaebb25ed.png

I wanted to do something for Heretic, but it ended up looking more DooMy and not as what I intended. So... here it is, Use this however you want.

Here's a bunch of basic stuff..
1439825352_spritesheet(22).png.d1941584671b5354321aed163ce05879.png

Edit: Some more basic support textures in lieu of double-posting..
1116105807_spritesheet(10).png.968ed1bc65e6c3a8decee025ea46d9dc.png

@NeoWorm I really like how you nailed the hand-made look on those stone textures.
They do look a bit techy in design, but maybe they'd be useful in an ancient-scifi type heretic wad, or a nifty secret room? 

Edited by kwc