faces.png

-not in doom-palette
    -doomguy face A2 - A8 by JoeyTD and Mike12
    -A2A8 position editted by Horselessheadsman

(monitors)

Spoiler

monitors.png

-security monitors from Duke Nukem 3d by 3DRealms

(many eye switch edits) -all taller then defaut eye switch(64x64)

Spoiler

flesh1.png

flesh2.png

flesh3.png

flesh4.png

Free to use if appropriate credit is given.

10 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

Post by @thelamp inspired me to try my hand on stiching together a seamless pipe segment of icon of sin. I also used a few brown items from that post to mask the seams better.

ZZZFACE12.pngZZZFACE11.png

There have been seamless IoS bottom texture using all three pieces, but yours is also good. Though there is still seam, it's visible where two textures connect.

I also did some recolors on Duke 3D door.

DNDOOR5.png

Hmmm... make upper triangle also blue and the rest of the middle parts red - and we've got ourselves a certain alien superhero door! It would look like a TV series variant though, but, on the other hand, would be copyright-free. +)

10 hours ago, Spawn said:

Though there is still seam, it's visible where two textures connect.

Yeah, you are right. I didn't really notice subtle change in shade. I'll cover it up a bit.

10 hours ago, Spawn said:

It would look like a TV series variant though, but, on the other hand, would be copyright-free. +)

Well, I didn't bother to do that, but it's really just a matter of taking eraser to the section of your choice, so making a color variant is trivial.

I did get on the computer jam train with special locked variants.

DNDOORB1.pngDNDOORR1.pngDNDOORY1.png

DNDOORB2.pngDNDOORR2.pngDNDOORY2.png

Edited by ViolentBeetle

Well, I didn't bother to do that, but it's really just a matter of taking eraser to the section of your choice, so making a color variant is trivial.

Yeah, I know, I just didn't realize that I can transform Duke3D door into that character door until I've seen your two-colour variants. +) So - thank you!

Looks like John Romero's house has some cool ass textures, check this out 

image.png.3e378bd98ded1c456075fe67936a714e.png

image.png.ff9d3946358862e571d3b1833d240a96.pngWho's up for bringing this to the doom palette and size?

53 minutes ago, osjclatchford said:

So, I just signed up here to take on this particular challenge, because why not.

I'm a regular zdoom forums poster but have never posted here before...

Ive done a classic sized one with the eye lights and a bigger one on its own for just a decoration...

that was fun...

lion wall.png

lions.png

wonder what john would think eh?

Looks awesome dude!

Computer-styled METAL textures (excluding METAL and METAL1):

iTA1Pnw.pngthgy9jb.pngNYaLZEL.png
S7IO1pR.png9DOrl3T.png

With nails:

FCrGs3E.pnghR58r2k.pngBql9X2A.png
METAL6B.png.63b5ca5cdf4b76d6b09fd8cecd2561fb.pnglIpqY9k.pngycfR0hp.png
Too many nails on computer panels don't make sense to me, but I've decided to do it anyway for faithfulness (and it looks quite cool).
There's no nail-less METAL2 because that would basically result in a recreation of COMPSPAN and it would be unnecessary for me to post it.

Edited by Hitboi

5 hours ago, osjclatchford said:

You should send him his way! I’m sure he’d appreciate them!

8 hours ago, kwc said:

Some 12-frame liquid alts
The nukage is a bit desaturated, maybe someone would be willing to get 'em to iwad-levels of saturation?

Yeah no worries, eh? ;)

8hx4MrK.png

not perfect but I got it close...

*edit*

nukage_DP.png.40c1743318355386cbdded65ee945337.png

proper green liquid, now in doom pallette and as close to original colours as I could get it... I'm still not 100% on this but it'll do for now...

it seems these edits have less of a gradient of colour on them than the originals, making replacing colours in the limited pallette more problematic, leading to the slightly crude finish on this one, so sorry for that...

(BTW I edited it here because for some reason the forum wont let memake anymore posts today!? whats with that?)

as for sending the lion texture to romero? I wouldn't know where to contact him to be honest. 

I know he's on twitter and all that but I am not and would prefer not to be either, so If someone wants to send them to him there, please do, just remember to credit myself and Devilmyeyes for the concept/challenge!

Edited by osjclatchford : added variant in doom pallette

16 hours ago, DevilMyEyes said:

Looks like John Romero's house has some cool ass textures, check this out 

image.png.3e378bd98ded1c456075fe67936a714e.png

image.png.ff9d3946358862e571d3b1833d240a96.pngWho's up for bringing this to the doom palette and size?

13 hours ago, osjclatchford said:

So, I just signed up here to take on this particular challenge, because why not.

I'm a regular zdoom forums poster but have never posted here before...

Ive done a classic sized one with the eye lights and a bigger one on its own for just a decoration...

that was fun...

lion wall.png

lions.png

@Romero visits here from time to time, so maybe he'll see it!

lols.

its madness!

Its even a little sad isn't it... even the man's fireplace is not safe from the fan-boy doom obsessives... 

still I do think its the kind of thing he'll find amusing. 

I certianly did, thats why I did it! 

In truth, its also really fun to replicate the old method of making these graphics, take the source scan, mirror it, scale it, recolour it. tweak it for shadows etc, port onto background. simple!

Only real difference is that I used a colour-sample-mapping method to get the tones to match the original style graphics though, as this cut the work time down from 3 hours to 3 minutes in total... LOL

6 hours ago, kwc said:

The nukage is a bit desaturated, maybe someone would be willing to get 'em to iwad-levels of saturation?

These are fabulous, super smooth. I'm trying to get them working in-game as we speak.

We just need waterfalls to go with them!

30 minutes ago, osjclatchford said:

Only real difference is that I used a colour-sample-mapping method to get the tones to match the original style graphics though, as this cut the work time down from 3 hours to 3 minutes in total... LOL 

Could you explain a bit the method? It could be useful for other thread contributors.

20 minutes ago, Gez said:

Could you explain a bit the method? It could be useful for other thread contributors.

well, I've started using gimp this last year or so.

open the new graphic and the old one you want to sample the colours from.

then, on the new graphic:

gimp.png

then use the old one to sample from. just tweak the bars up and down till its where you want it.

I'd also suggest funting around with contrast/brightness befor or after if you're unsatisfied with the result.

also bear in mind that it will sample ALL the colours in an image so if its on a background or whatever, just cut a bit of the texture with ONLY the colours you want to sample from and also make sure that the image you are recolouring is on its own, not with backgrounds and that, this way only the colours you've cut out will effect the new image, get it?

its really easy once you've done it a few times but, then I've been punching pixels since 1995 so I suppose a lot of this comes easy now...

put it this way, I'd have had to recolour it all by hand back then.

I still use mspaint (xp edition) in such a method a lot for sprites.  if it aint broke dont fix it...

Edited by osjclatchford

7 hours ago, kwc said:

Based on @osjclatchford's edit:

MYMIJGE.png
Removed the dark grey bits of the lava, converted every flat to the Doom palette.

I wish there were more doom bible-style textures out there, id love to see what StarStruct or Porta-Bild type textures would look like.

On 5/2/2022 at 5:27 PM, kwc said:

Here are a few that I neglected to add to the post yesterday:

Miissed.png.6d4e42e63a760628ca5849e8a8eb91f6.png

@nue
I considered it when coming up with the notion of proposing an active monthly jam, but I decided against it on the account that doing so would only serve to bury people's work when the month is done. Posting textures is on-topic for the thread, after all.

Here’s another idea that would be a headache of a job but i think it’d be cool:

Compile every themed months themed submissions into a resource wad at the end of the year called something like “Community Curated” or something like that. I don’t think there’s ever been a community resource pack before!

8 minutes ago, nue said:

I don’t think there’s ever been a community resource pack before!

I've used a lot of resources here when running Skulltiverse, and I still pull in a lot of textures from here to a big pack. It's mixed up with some extra textures though - and final version was mixed added on top of CC4-tex. I wanted to clean it up and release in some way, but the work kinda stalled. I'm hoping to do some cleanup and also fill in the backlog I accumulated floating around.

There were some talks about compiling the monthly efforts into wads, I think an annual package would also be appropriate. In that case, a separate thread would be appropriate for a release! I have sorta been waiting to see if anyone would be willing to take the mantle on this one, something like a jam pack.
Community Tex Jar or something, the best of our jam.

I, too, would not envy such an undertaking, and as a newer member didn't want to take any oversteps in community leadership, just establishing a monthly theme.
I'll give it some thought and of course am willing to hear from other folks.

1 minute ago, kwc said:

There were some talks about compiling the monthly efforts into wads, I think an annual one package would also be appropriate. I have sorta been waiting to see if anyone would be willing to take the mantle on this one, something like a jam pack.
Community Tex Jar or something, the best of our jam.

I, too, would not envy such an undertaking, and as a newer member didn't want to take any oversteps in community leadership, just establishing a monthly theme.
I'll give it some thought and of course am willing to hear from other folks.

I’d be happy to help compile everything