• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Post your Doom textures!

8 hours ago, Naarok0fkor said:

This really works...

FLOOR4_3.png

As what? Sky? Wall? Floor? Ceiling? Do it tile, at least in one direction? Where did you get it? What are the edits to the original? Or did you made it yourself? Also, bear in mind - not everyone is ready to use hi-res textures, and not only because of vanilla restrictions - but also because hi-res looks weird when surrounded by your good old low-res Doom textures. And too often just downscaling it not making it any better.

16 minutes ago, Spawn said:

Do it tile, at least in one direction?

All good questions, though this one you could have checked. It tiles.

50 minutes ago, Spawn said:

As what? Sky? Wall? Floor? Ceiling? Do it tile, at least in one direction? Where did you get it? What are the edits to the original? Or did you made it yourself? Also, bear in mind - not everyone is ready to use hi-res textures, and not only because of vanilla restrictions - but also because hi-res looks weird when surrounded by your good old low-res Doom textures. And too often just downscaling it not making it any better.

It's a floor for outdoors I made from scratch. It should be good enough for martian action. The fun part is the huge size compared to normal flats...

It removes some of the repetitiousness of the standard 64x64 tile... 

2 minutes ago, Naarok0fkor said:

It's a floor for outdoors I made from scratch

I think I could use it for a sky

7 hours ago, Spawn said:

When downscaled, it looks more like wall with bulges.

Safety diamond aka NFPA 704.

sdiamond2.pngSDMND3.pngSDMND5.png

For materials so satanic they defy classification

SDMND2.pngSDMND1.png

Blank, if you feel like making your own

SDMND6.png

17 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

Safety diamond aka NFPA 704.

could you post the diamond on its own? so it could be used as a decal or pasted onto other textures (like a crate for example)?

1 minute ago, YouAreTheDemons said:

could you post the diamond on its own? so it could be used as a decal or pasted onto other textures (like a crate for example)?

Like this?

Now that you pointed it out, I realize that I probably shouldn't have made it this big, and I'm not sure if shrinking them would make them not look like ass. I still have pieces that I can use to make smaller-sized diamonds, we'll see how well that'll work.

sdiamond0.png

sdiamond1.png

sdiamond2.png

sdiamond3.png

sdiamond4.png

sdiamond5.png

I made some sort of computer texture, it's also seamless.

Heavily modified picture of a Sony OXF-R3 Digital Console.

EQIP_A1.png.6405c45b524fa1c6e87ec198e51f0d6d.png

The original picture is in the spoiler, I put it there because its a MASSIVE .jpg, lol.

Spoiler

TexturesCom_AudioEquipment0056_2_S.jpg.3af61a6533fc2a95330bae071cae291c.jpg

1 hour ago, cracky-bracky said:

EQIP_A1.png.6405c45b524fa1c6e87ec198e51f0d6d.png

Pretty neat, though not being power of two pixels wide would present a problem for some.

For the sake of such people I cut it to size. I tried to expand to 256 units first, but it got too repetitive.

03.png

Edited by ViolentBeetle

On 5/9/2022 at 1:24 PM, Naarok0fkor said:

This really works...

FLOOR4_3.png

Even though you inteded it to be a martian floor flat, it could work better as a sky graphic, given that it looks like simillar to Jupiter's red spot and its clouds as well.

those clouds are real nice.

Ideal for plutonia first-third vibes! would be even nicer if it tiled vertically too!

I'm posting a tnt sky2 texture redux today.

this ones animated:
OSJC-tnt-sky2.gif
I used the tnt sky that Mek did for his box'o'skies pack, but with my own edit of the tnt galaxy in there.
the anim for the twinkly star is inspired by the hint-globe shining animation from duke nukem2...

*edit*
here:
OSJC-tnt-sky2-classic.gif
is version2, much more classic and I've moved the twinkly star over to one side somewhat, in order to make it a feature of that side of the sky instead of making it a part of the nebula side, which I felt distracted from both the nebula and the galaxy... 

Talking of which I've also reworked the galaxy somewhat to look a little more detailed and brighter as the one above was a little dowdier than even the original sky...

Oh, and afore anyone asks, they are that tall because in gzdoom they dont tile as well vertically in hardware mode imho. so I made them tall so maps (like map16, in the tall cavern precipice setpiece just prior to getting the yellow skullkey) dont have obvious tiling features. 

Edited by osjclatchford

Welcome to the Gap, hope you enjoy loathe your stay.

84049BF0-78FA-438E-A76B-33AB0C0B9B73.gif.b260b88a3ae7558b19973fc4e7bd7ec5.gif

EB8B0B85-31BC-4E7B-8546-B76804D1124E.png.c34af72981d8a994a84bfad96daf7a02.png6ADF9BDB-4D18-4504-961D-8F5B2F6EB47A.png.32eeb94ae9793b93ad4c52fb9075f45b.pngDE6CBF3C-4558-4CB9-B1E9-077BF1221E8C.png.616a8c3aca6ae31ec3b9a0fcb1cc1ad6.png

I may add noise to the inside facing gaps, but it is a deep purple regardless.

A photo of Salt Lake City at sunset I've found on a news web page as sky texture, with three varaints, with both a 320x200 version of the non-palleted photo and a grayscale one for editing purposes.

SALTBW.pngSalt_Lake_Sky.pngSLBW.png

Feel free to use them.

Edited by Wadmodder Shalton

10 hours ago, Fraston said:

Welcome to the Gap, hope you enjoy loathe your stay.

Certain 18 years old goddess of boundaries visiting some interesting places! XD

2 hours ago, Spawn said:

18 years old

Suuuuureeee. 

The gap is supposed to be the first secret map, so I just hide the opening in a secret area of MAP15 (which just so happens to be in “hell” anyway) And I’m trying get teal wood to work well in the default palette for the super secret land of the backdoor.

Come to think of it, there's a texture and sprite showcase thread, but where's a thread for the other computer-reproduceable sense stimulation: Sound?

On 5/14/2022 at 1:34 AM, Wadmodder Shalton said:

A photo of Salt Lake City at sunset I've found on a news web page as sky texture, with three varaints, with both a 320x200 version of the non-palleted photo and a grayscale one for editing purposes.

SALTBW.pngSalt_Lake_Sky.pngSLBW.png

Feel free to use them.

I cut it into conventional format and made it tile.

Untitled.png

51 minutes ago, ViolentBeetle said:

Untitled.png

SLC? Now someone has to make a megawad based off the Doom novels with this sky. 😂

1 hour ago, ViolentBeetle said:

Untitled.png

some color edits

Spoiler

brown orange:

untitled.png.082c1f5e85983be5a25f2b02bd7414f7.png

clear brown:

UMONTRNT.png.0bbbc77665140041af1454f2df4d1e9e.png

cool grey sky:
385447050_UaaaaaaNTITLED(1).png.bc749ca2616f54ec1affb486883ff77e.png

complete greyscale:

UaaaaaaNTITLED.png.c9ba933e44ab6e6cf9fb2ec67b5723f3.png

kinda looks like it could be from a fanmande blood mod:

bllodoodo.png.a88997f85a2eff9fb75b5aa2eb169041.png

7 hours ago, Fraston said:

Come to think of it, there's a texture and sprite showcase thread, but where's a thread for the other computer-reproduceable sense stimulation: Sound?

And TITLEPIC and other graphics