Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Post your Doom textures!

graybrk3.png.aa36a3d96441f45e8022a8a13fc2d3a0.pnggraybrk2.png.3ced370b42604ff5bcc58db84891c4ef.pnggraybrk1.png.7f2cb0ba57f904d9b135e79876c717ec.pngbrick1.png.1de5a9473a87a6482e0d6b3b8c96af0d.png
Some random brick textures I through together for a mod, quite proud of the results for someone who rarely texturemaps anymore.

2 hours ago, TubularB1Us said:

graybrk3.png.aa36a3d96441f45e8022a8a13fc2d3a0.pnggraybrk2.png.3ced370b42604ff5bcc58db84891c4ef.pnggraybrk1.png.7f2cb0ba57f904d9b135e79876c717ec.pngbrick1.png.1de5a9473a87a6482e0d6b3b8c96af0d.png
Some random brick textures I through together for a mod, quite proud of the results for someone who rarely texturemaps anymore.

All but one links seem broken.

On 6/3/2022 at 6:05 PM, horselessheadsman said:

CRATEHOL1.png     CRATEHOL2.png

I wanted to put severed heads inside and make blood drip from the edges, but couldn't get it right. Maybe someone else can.

19 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

All but one links seem broken.

What's with everybody putting the sprites and textures on Doomworld's upload system then deleting them the last minute, so annoying especially for a thread for textures and sprites.

I recently noticed playing various recent pwads hardly any use custom library tex like bookshelves. Also, not many vanilla Doom wood edits to compliment. I feel some variety in these would be good... as maps regarding this theme look often samey imo.  So much potential :)

57 minutes ago, Bengaltiger1 said:

I recently noticed playing various recent pwads hardly any use custom library tex like bookshelves. Also, not many vanilla Doom wood edits to compliment. I feel some variety in these would be good... as maps regarding this theme look often samey imo.  So much potential :)

There’s been some really good bookcases posted in here previously. . . I’ll try to find them and edit this post with a link later.

EDIT: Here you go! There’s some on this page and the page following: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/2411472

Edited by Faceman2000

Some 32x32 X-Crates

kwc_XCrates.png.0b321eda6968d6dd4f80f894ea291c6d.png

Kinda a redo of something I posted a while ago before

kwc_CRATB.png.68261b00543ab4bd22d9eecfee826298.png

This one is inspired by that Velociraptor cage from Jurassic Park

kjrscrat1.png.b27bab7072e7646dc75a6a7a6b1cea15.png

Some AVP industrial wall textures resized/edited/repurposed..

kavp_00.png.a534ec9903a9ff6c69fe73635c67575b.png

kavp_01.png.305a98aa76f0d4210895e3dd3ae59370.png

Edited by kwc

When creating my map, I was faced with the fact that I could not find a suitable truss texture. Therefore, I drew it myself, based on the OTEX texture. Perhaps it will be useful to someone.

TRUSS01.png

TRUSS02.png

10 hours ago, kwc said:

Some 32x32 X-Crates

kwc_XCrates.png.0b321eda6968d6dd4f80f894ea291c6d.png

Even after you put a header there, I'm still not sure how it works. The top row is wall textures and the bottom row is matching flats? I'm not sure I'm seeing crates here at all.

13 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

I'm still not sure how it works. The top row is wall textures and the bottom row is matching flats?

Yessir. Of course, you could make the crate texture a flat if you're clever with its placement, but it runs the risk of phasing between concave/convex due to perspective/lighting. 

13 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

I'm not sure I'm seeing crates here at all.

Thats a shame that it doesn't read immediately for you. I didn't expect it to read as anything else.

jmrdYYG.png

I'd be worried pressing use on one of these would turn off my game. Especially the red one.

6 hours ago, kwc said:

Yessir. Of course, you could make the crate texture a flat if you're clever with its placement, but it runs the risk of phasing between concave/convex due to perspective/lighting. 

Now I finally see it. I feel stupid.

If that was supposed to be transport containers - than it's not. How I should carry it? How I should open it? This looks like single-piece structure. It would be believable if it has been made out of carton, wood or something similar where you could just tear a lid off. But those cubes looks like metal. Canned supplies? That's funny.

Weird bulk metal containers aren't necessary the worst idea. I think longer variant for the side could compliment them.

1 minute ago, ViolentBeetle said:

Weird bulk metal containers aren't necessary the worst idea. I think longer variant for the side could compliment them.

It works for Star Wars, yeah.
I'm thinking of adding a few alternations for sides, a handle, blank side, etc. Like the others I've done.
Worst case scenario, they can be potentially useful for walls or something else.

Somewhat, those specifically are cans for liquid fuel though, the other ones look like more typical shipping crates. Not knocking the x-shaped reinforcing stamp though, that has plausible practical reasons to exist.

11 hours ago, kwc said:

If I knew I had to add lore behind metal cargo texture designs I would have. :P

Oh! I just realized what it reminds me of - basic building blocks! Like bricks, you know. Lego, but for real building.

That, or raw materials for those weird STAR walls, if it supposed to be metal, rubber or plastic.

SO today I made these recolours of quake's lava texture but in the doom liquid colours using slade.

osjc_quake_liquids02.png.9a8d74e25e02e9d9d8a2378dea813af6.png

Although intended for use with KDIZD they'll work with any map you want I suppose. 

just view it with the flat warping effect for best visuals. they're not perfect but ok I suppose

*edit*

just updated these to fix some stray green in the slime and slime2 (which are at either end) and redone the contrast on the green...

Edited by osjclatchford

14 hours ago, Wadmodder Shalton said:

Made two sky textures, one based on Doom II's cover art and another from this magazine ad for Doom II.

D2BOXSKY.pngD2ADSKY.png

They might not be very accurate to the original sources, but I tried my best.

Feel free to use them.

These don’t tile as is.
Is it up to the user to mirror them before use?

54 minutes ago, Fraston said:

These don’t tile as is.
Is it up to the user to mirror them before use?

I make skies and make them Doom palette as much as possible for anyone to freely edit, so I don't care or mind anyone making edits of my texture contributions.