Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Post your Doom textures!

10 hours ago, franksouza183 said:

Some of my textures I'm working on. Just another pbr redesign of the default textures, dynamic lights on are required.

Hide contents

text02.jpg.8dd84a97a90ab5e77243888aff6a5070.jpgtext06.jpg.4b3a09dbe3f9573094148a1ff5470a07.jpgtext10.jpg.eb6dc58e5e0990a15bdfdb0c0d14c53d.jpgtext09.jpg.9738530f813435f0d6c5af9460328e08.jpgtext04.jpg.42c10d6c306eb629c060366f72716937.jpg

Great stuff!!!

13 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

@enigma101 Good start, but your sky is not seamless which will create a really obvious border when in game. see below:

image.png.f3063e88b4b524d133706d2dffc1a9b0.png

To fix this, I sliced off the left half of the sky, aligned it to the right, and erased / smoothed out parts of the texture so that the connection is seamless, then stretched the image back up to size (i know, gross, but I don't have the source photograph):

image.png.5a01e80d58c08050354e015f1c002990.png

Then lastly, I reworked the colouring and exported it into doom's 256 colour palette (a lump inside the IWADs called "PLAYPAL" shows you these colours):

image.png.905659507f564f8e8a8ae0f0eb53ea1e.png

Thanks for improving/fixing the texture. I wasn't completely sure how custom skyboxes worked as I hadn't made one before but the paletted one will look really good in some of my maps with that hazy orange colour.

Some basic wall textures... Could be useful for marking paths to locked doors or any important stuff like that...

TWAL1.PNG

TWAL2.PNG

TWAL3.PNG

TWAL4.PNG

TWAL5.PNG

TWAL6.PNG

TWAL7.PNG

1 hour ago, Bengaltiger1 said:

Edit of Nuke24 into blue. A quick example of how I used it in the editor, and the texture Itself for you to save :)

I think you have gone too bright, green palette is a darker than blue palette. There's a whole second line of dark blue, you should try shifting darker greens there.

On 6/26/2022 at 7:50 AM, DELTA256 said:

Some basic wall textures... Could be useful for marking paths to locked doors or any important stuff like that...

Doom textures work best when they're 128 pixels tall and the width is a power of two. Other sizes may or may not work depending on source port. It'd improve the filesize too, and your textures clearly don't need more than 128 pixels.

5 hours ago, Wadmodder Shalton said:

Black & White Skulls, just generic black & white skulls for Doom's Palette:

First one's really distorted (and will be worse in game with aspect ratio correction), both of them are not seamless. 🙃

8 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

First one's really distorted (and will be worse in game with aspect ratio correction), both of them are not seamless. 🙃

I don't care if anyone modifies my textures to make them seamless, there free to use and edit for anyone.

7 hours ago, Wadmodder Shalton said:

Black & White Skulls, just generic black & white skulls for Doom's Palette:

BLAKSKUL.pngBLAKSKLS.png

Feel free to use them.

Ok...I wonder if a subtle animation of those red eyes would be nice...

BLAKSKLS1.png

Edited by Naarok0fkor

1 hour ago, Wadmodder Shalton said:

I don't care if anyone modifies my textures to make them seamless, there free to use and edit for anyone.

It's really not right to call it your texture when for the most part all you did was right click an image you found on google, clicked save, very haphazardly resized it and then either exported it into pallette or used slade to pallette the image.

I don't want to come across as needlessly negative but when your input is borderline zero, the output isn't fit for purpose, and not even the slightest bit of effort was put forward to credit the original source (as demonstrated in kwc's post), I find it hard to say nothing.

Well I guess I'm not going to use artwork sources from Google images anymore, since nobody isn't pleased with me using royalty-free images from anonymous sources.

Perhaps I should always put the original author's credit and the original source for the image for my converted Doom textures.

Edited by Wadmodder Shalton

7 hours ago, Scypek2 said:

Doom textures work best when they're 128 pixels tall and the width is a power of two. Other sizes may or may not work depending on source port. It'd improve the filesize too, and your textures clearly don't need more than 128 pixels.

Yeah I know, I'll resize them when I get around to it, Why the textures are big is that I guess you can them "previews" of such textures. When I eventually do resize them, they would look nice with the other textures I've got in mind...

On 6/15/2022 at 7:54 PM, ViolentBeetle said:

Mmm, meat crates.

skin-crate1.png?raw=1

Would be cool to animate the skin texture inside the crate and have it move a little.

Sky textures I made out of some photos I took in my area

Paletted:

IMG_2022.png.86ed8bcc3ed1fc32cfc557dc72401ce2.png

IMG_202.png.524ad4f2d9d48a71317378c3a997f57b.png

Not paletted:

IMG_20220629_115150.jpg.72ec23fc524c9f3e79bf35d31107119a.jpg

IMG_20220629_115143.jpg.d9d0323cf4caff62306238d06f5d3ff4.jpg

On 6/29/2022 at 1:15 AM, kwc said:

(It's a shame we can't find the original credit, although I think this originates from some stock photo website)

9FGnlu0.pngMMdSkUF.pngXgwa0st.pngpl2bBcR.png

Move over, your local armchair detective is on the case!

On first look, it's been uploaded to ShutterStock by Mexican user EdDiseña: https://www.shutterstock.com/image-illustration/fondo-de-calaveras-en-escala-grises-1551412790 However the rest of their profile is fairly simplistic clip-art style illustrations, whereas this appears to be a 3D render (albeit with what looks to be an oil filter effect applied on top), and similar listings (as well as corresponding ones on Abobe's stock image site) have been disabled. So that's likely not the origin.

The oldest result shown by TinEye is from a deactivated (darn) DeviantArt account by the name of 'pnkfdarts'. Searching Google shows some references to it with similar looking 3D renders involving skulls. Luckily, even if the account is disabled we just need to find references to 'pnkfdarts' that either also have the user's actual name, or accounts on other websites that they've reused the same account name on. That lets us find a Finnish artist by the name of Mikko Raima, whose accounts are also under 'pnkfdarts' and whose art is also 3D renders with a macabre and often skull related design:

https://makersplace.com/pnkfdarts/

https://twitter.com/mikkoraima

I'd say that's overwhelmingly likely to be the guy. They are an NFT-bro by the looks though, so approach at your own risk :P

14 minutes ago, Gradius said:

The oldest result shown by TinEye is from a deactivated (darn) DeviantArt account by the name of 'pnkfdarts'. Searching Google shows some references to it with similar looking 3D renders involving skulls. Luckily, even if the account is disabled we just need to find references to 'pnkfdarts' that either also have the user's actual name, or accounts on other websites that they've reused the same account name on. That lets us find a Finnish artist by the name of Mikko Raima, whose accounts are also under 'pnkfdarts' and whose art is also 3D renders with a macabre and often skull related design:

https://makersplace.com/pnkfdarts/

https://twitter.com/mikkoraima

As soon as you mentioned that, I recalled some odd scrawling on one of the skulls in the original image. I couldn't make heads or tails of it at the time but this is now something of an open-and-shut case. Tbh I feel a bit foolish for not putting 1-and-1 together. Thanks for your help! 

image.png.e57e840d73c61f187b3a2659b0525418.png

Edited by kwc

2 hours ago, muumi said:

Some animated skies/walls. 
All in doom palette and should loop horizontally.

CnRQHIG.gif Xm7Nj6V.gif 2n3nY2P.gif

ahUQH9Y.gif

3pTaEd3.gif waITC11.gif HVa34qc.gif

jSApxrZ.gif

download frames

Feel free to use with credit given.

Yo holy shit these are metal AF

1st and 3rd pics gave me Psx Doom flashbacks. The Pentagon's look ominous, even the middle one just by Itself  :)

I can tell you put serious effort in these! Well done