Post your Doom textures!

What's "not-fixed" with Doom's GSTONE1-2 and PANEL6-9?

The height levels of the textures' horizontal contours. Makes them a bit of a pain to align vertically if you want to stick to multiples of 8 (the default) when configuring your floor and ceiling heights in a map.

3 people like this

unknown.png

Not sure if anyone before me did tileable 128x128 skulls, but here ya go.

9 people like this

On 1/20/2018 at 8:56 PM, 40oz said:

yeah I think imgur did that because it was a big image. 

those look wonderful. did you make these for a specific project? or were you just intending to release a texture pack?

15 hours ago, Tango said:

those look wonderful. did you make these for a specific project? or were you just intending to release a texture pack?

They're for a project atm, but I'll release them independently for people to use afterwards too.

Making Plutonia-like textures makes me kinda nervous. It's hard to make original stuff because I feel like it deviates too far away from the original theme. It's hard to think of a lot of stuff than isn't just variants of vines or nukage / brown water trims because most of the maps are primarily Doom 2 textured anyway.

1 person likes this

Wow! Finally grass can grow on Phobos.

Playing around with some window textures.

qta1Vxu.png

5 people like this

Still working on this, but it's supposed to be a basic door with the UAC logo (BGDR = BIG DOOR). The size is supposed to be 128x128 in the final product.

Capture.PNG.9b49806cac2ba4d7db7d593e32d066aa.PNG

1 person likes this

On 23/01/2018 at 6:49 PM, Jimmy said:

The height levels of the textures' horizontal contours. Makes them a bit of a pain to align vertically if you want to stick to multiples of 8 (the default) when configuring your floor and ceiling heights in a map.

Ah, ok.

Btw, it doesn't seem that "Cleaner version of BROWN144." is in.

Secondly, would you consider releasing your changed/new textures as a pack of PNGs?

Oh damn, can I use these snake textures in my WAD?  I'm using a lot of SKSNAKE already, and it would be great to have more variety.

1 minute ago, SuperArjunaButt said:

Oh damn, can I use these snake textures in my WAD?  I'm using a lot of SKSNAKE already, and it would be great to have more variety.

Sure thing. That's why I posted em here, for people to use. :)

1 person likes this

Pink lites

LITEPINK.png.a6a58c97cff2da605212489871b934b4.png

Edited by RonLivingston
1 person likes this

Decided to Spice up the TITEPIC from Classic Doom.  Just colorized the demons/players and added a couple monsters.

Going to use this for my MegaWad.  I have the first 2 episodes beta read, 3rd is 70% done, 4th and 5th are about 5% done.

TITLEPIC1.png

2 people like this

swatchy.png

developing a simple style in a gfx editor i made

the best bit is that once i've drawn a patch i can repalettize it or change the noise distribution over and over just by pressing cursor keys

7 people like this

A bit of cross-posting as I think it's relevant to this thread... Testing out texture combination in a Darkening E2 style map.

BndrZAi.png

2 people like this