Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Post your Doom textures!

Recommended Posts

It helped yes, I like how the left side of the hazard stripe is cut off and looks like an arrow pointing downward due to the corner part you have there, if only the right side of the hazard had an arrow also. It would totally tell the player that the thing is going to be moving down, watch your head.

The hazard stripe helps, but currently looks unfinished because the right side of it only has a little slit of yellow stripe.

 

Share this post


Link to post

The UAC logo and text looks ...well MS-Paint-ish- it would probably be a better idea to use the actual Doom graphics instead trying to remake them with a font. The logo looks wonky and a lil' messy around the edges basically. Lemme dig up something you can use as a replacement to make it fit into stock.

Also worth pointing out is that the warning string shouldn't be outlined like the rest of the "COMP" part- they were not in the originals and if you plan on it being a door, then it needs substance and shading rather than a lighter outline on everything.

unknown.png

This is from Romero's dump. The text is a smidge off but its not horrific, but the UAC logo itself is much cleaner, and even there in white for you to transfer onto the texture yourself and recolour it. If you're feeling adventurous you could try and give a lil' bit of anti-aliasing but given the limit of the dark greys in the palette you might only get one shade out of it.

Edited by Fuzzball

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Novaseer said:

Any way to make it seem more... door-like?

Learn from Mr. Nathan Lineback!

 

11upnAh.png

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Memfis said:

Learn from Mr. Nathan Lineback!

 

11upnAh.png

Didn't know Ben Garrison made a map for doom

Share this post


Link to post

That is waay too absorbent, just beacuase it's labeled a door and a wall in the case of the screen shot Aboove.., dont's mean it's rally issz.. :D ..cough ! all it needs now it a grid..

also STFU :D

 

Anyway I had in mind something like this:

 

XCMPDOR2.png.961966b3ce82af462f8e7f6d4d9336bf.png

or..

XCMPDOR3.png

 

and trying not to mess with the texture theme/style you have going. 

It's a cool texture and I still like the idea of having a support texture on each side. :)

Another idea to help signify it as a door would maybe having a little shawn2 in the logo.. just a thought though.

But really, a big blood stain could do it. = why does that have a blood stain? I didn't put it there..

 

 

Edited by Mr.Rocket

Share this post


Link to post

Flip the yellow upside down in the first example so it has a strip of arrows pointing up in the direction the door will travel.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Fuzzball said:

The UAC logo and text looks ...well MS-Paint-ish- it would probably be a better idea to use the actual Doom graphics instead trying to remake them with a font. The logo looks wonky and a lil' messy around the edges basically. Lemme dig up something you can use as a replacement to make it fit into stock.

Also worth pointing out is that the warning string shouldn't be outlined like the rest of the "COMP" part- they were not in the originals and if you plan on it being a door, then it needs substance and shading rather than a lighter outline on everything.

unknown.png

This is from Romero's dump. The text is a smidge off but its not horrific, but the UAC logo itself is much cleaner, and even there in white for you to transfer onto the texture yourself and recolour it. If you're feeling adventurous you could try and give a lil' bit of anti-aliasing but given the limit of the dark greys in the palette you might only get one shade out of it.

I took the picture from the Internet, so that was probably the problem.

Share this post


Link to post

Some strange color adjustments:

 

SKINCUT.jpg.1e7f2fa3a8fa54e11386868e9af7eda8.jpg

 

SKINSYMB.jpg.0d0aa6627bb1ff2f6b691fbeef8643f8.jpg

 

MARBFACE.jpg.5857d686529816b2db05275a5935b56a.jpg

PANBLUE.jpg.87c7a98e3e222bfa0be7843f781abfec.jpg

If you like all 428 textures as jpg, ask.

 

EDIT: or flats

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, BLλZING_DUST said:

Bunch of Doom Slayer related textures.

 

COMP_S.png.27f23db1f5fb6d736ce946b41865efa9.pngCOMP_S2.png.43e7fc83ebd4f1b3b05146bfad4d8e20.pngCOMP_S3.png.99c2a8de64742b8256514daf57f1fe57.png

(cut the rest)

Even the computers realise who's the boss. Nice texture work anyhow.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, BLλZING_DUST said:

Bunch of Doom Slayer related textures.

 

They give me a Quake vibe.

 

Amazing stuff.

Share this post


Link to post

A quick edit of the door posted earlier, nothing too fancy to keep it clean like the original.

xvAke7V.png

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, Agent6 said:

 

They give me a Quake vibe.

 

Amazing stuff.

A good chunk is based off the Quake textures. Even the one computer texture in the middle is an edited version of some Quake CTF computer screen texture I've found.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Simon666 said:

A quick edit of the door posted earlier, nothing too fancy to keep it clean like the original.

xvAke7V.png

 

I like the idea of possibly having a transparent solid door frame. ~ to place in front and behind the door.

Novaseer could just add that as a new texture and not actually make any changes to his original.

 

@BLλZING_DUST, nice Doom Slayer style textures btw :)

 

Share this post


Link to post

 

 

This one will work well in hell levels.

PiFVxfE.png

 

This one is inspired by Zelda 2, from the first palace.

tqOsq6n.png

 

Some kind of landscape for hell levels.

mpBfEKp.png

 

This one i think was inspired by Painkiller, another good game.

UJMvtzV.png

Edited by Simon666

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Simon666 said:

A quick edit of the door posted earlier, nothing too fancy to keep it clean like the original.

xvAke7V.png

Now THAT looks like a door! Unfortunately, it looks like a door and door frame. It would look weird when the whole thing moves up.

Share this post


Link to post

I needed something to warn the player of the three Arch-Viles (on UV) waiting behind this optional door (which you need to pass through for the secret level, in addition to finding 6 switches concealed in the map's other secrets)

XDOORDTH.png.e114f5a247b86e0038e2d2ed44ee9397.png

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Novaseer said:

I needed something to warn the player of the three Arch-Viles (on UV) waiting behind this optional door (which you need to pass through for the secret level, in addition to finding 6 switches concealed in the map's other secrets)

XDOORDTH.png.e114f5a247b86e0038e2d2ed44ee9397.png

 

What did you have in mind aside from the door texture its self and Arch Viles laughing at the player from the other side of the door?

If just the door texture why not use the modern tech door you've made prior and a "do not open" in blood on it?

 

Or was the idea to have an older version which no marine has gone before? ~ which would explain the old door texture.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Mr.Rocket said:

 

What did you have in mind aside from the door texture its self and Arch Viles laughing at the player from the other side of the door?

If just the door texture why not use the modern tech door you've made prior and a "do not open" in blood on it?

 

Or was the idea to have an older version which no marine has gone before? ~ which would explain the old door texture.

 

 

 

For the door I made prior, that's just for COMP-styled areas, it wouldn't fit in the area I have the door set.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Novaseer said:

I needed something to warn the player of the three Arch-Viles (on UV) waiting behind this optional door (which you need to pass through for the secret level, in addition to finding 6 switches concealed in the map's other secrets)

XDOORDTH.png.e114f5a247b86e0038e2d2ed44ee9397.png

TBH if I saw that door I'd open it right away.  Sounds too much like a misdirect away from the stash of good stuff!

Share this post


Link to post

I like those doors very much actually. Not knowing if you *really* shouldn't open it or if it's a mislead away from the good stuff is the fun of it!

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, DMPhobos said:

Reminds me of a quick edit i did recently for a door in darkmoon =P

UTOOR5.png.306dd1c315f2a5900f84a5be038f61f3.png

Don't Hell, Open Inside?

Share this post


Link to post

iIn short, doors can be disturbing.

6 hours ago, ETTiNGRiNDER said:

TBH if I saw that door I'd open it right away.  Sounds too much like a misdirect away from the stash of good stuff!

Unless it requires 6 switches first.

 

@Novaseer For the door, question at hand, hmm I still don't know where you're wanting to go with it, if it's to be more chaotic? Add some darker translucent blood all over the door? ~ seems how no less you will be having more of the same type of door through out the level (area) with same texture scheme.

 

Cheers

 

Edited by Mr.Rocket

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/15/2018 at 10:52 PM, Solmyr said:

 

Oh17oYI.png

 

Ono, the Universal Union is invading Doom :v .

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×