Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Post your Doom textures!

21 hours ago, NiGHTMARE said:

Additional credits to DJMadMax and Martin Howe.

LOL, did a double take at those - thinking 'hope he didn't draw them from scratch'. Glad you found them useful - and thanks for the citation :)

Posted (edited)

Inspired by @lupinx-Kassman's eye art texture, I figured it would be fun to grab some public domain paintings that may-or-may-not fit doom's theme and give it a shot.

jERmEqv.png

Frame is from Doom 2, I left the name of the original paintings and artists in the filenames within the .zip download

edit: here's a couple of em on PANEL5
PlVcNY6.png

Edited by kwc

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, kwc said:

Inspired by @lupinx-Kassman's eye art texture, I figured it would be fun to grab some public domain paintings that may-or-may-not fit doom's theme and give it a shot.

jERmEqv.png

Frame is from Doom 2, I left the name of the original paintings and artists in the filenames within the .zip download

edit: here's a couple of em on PANEL5
PlVcNY6.png

cool. such small textures are unobtrusive changes that fit a lot of maps and make for a welcome variety.

I needed a less obviously 128px-tiled ROCK4 so I made this. It's a bit different from ROCK4 itself cuz I filtered it beforehand oops

rock4tile.png.153449daf4425f11056b3f64042b68e4.png

I really like these examples of "vanilla texture but cleaner/better tiling/less annoying." Someone should put together a pack of vanilla texture "fixes" one of these days out of all the ones folks have posted!

7 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Very nice work, but they'd be awesome if they were 256x256!

Noted! May be a good rule of thumb moving forward with these more generalized edits. Thanks :)

Messing around with a few vanilla assets, and...
WALL57_5.png.5917b19d48472981b1707928de24db86.pngWALL57_6.png.0eeb697da6a24252d48de353f87ffe68.pngWALL57_7.png.92f3d23e569c011eeb4fd58d0b962640.png       GARGPOIS.gif.004ccd05ea23d9c012548e0fdfacb360.gif
What do you mean by "it's a Mandela effect"?!

Posted (edited)

Heck yeah, this looks awesome. You might as well make more of those and compile them neatly into a pack. *hint*hint*

Seeing as I'm one map away from milestone I decided to make an official release (As an "Episode One") I decided to share my title/intermission picture.

title.png

still one of my all time favorite threads, please keep doing this amazing work for all of us non-artist types.  Much appreciated.

So I wanted to make some vent textures that resembled these by Cage:

qzfMqss.png

I started by taking these textures from TVR and Memento Mori respectively:

lS3mGQ3.png onQc2Up.png

I did some flipping and brightness changes on the MM texture, highlighted the centres of both, added a bit of noise and smoothing, resized them to make 32x32 variants, and voila:

ZZ3XpdX.png

Completely pointless recolors, because who is going to need bright red vents? I dunno.

ESPfydn.png

Red, Blue and Yellow vents? Can't ever have too many colored indicators for Keys. And hospitals use colored lines on walls and floors as paths to specific locations. Why not colored vents as paths?

4 hours ago, Gez said:

Completely pointless recolors, because who is going to need bright red vents? I dunno.

There's always "those levels" that are partly or entirely done in one colour. Also it could be useful for something like an escape sequence where a base goes on lockdown and goes to (simulated) red lighting only.

People who read this thread may be interested in this:

+----------------------------------------------------------------+
All textures made from scratch in Substance Designer by Ben "Makkon" Hale.
Modification is allowed and encouraged, with credit.
Not for commercial use without express written permission. This doesn't mean it's a hard no, it just means an agreement needs to be arranged.

All sets come with color variations, with exception of a few. This makes for many textures to import and process. As a result, I have not cut up many of the trimsheets into separate trim textures, as this would result in several hundred textures to process. If you need your trims separated, feel free to cut them up yourself.

This pack contains the source textures exported directly from Substance Designer in their original colors (not quake-palette). These can be used in Quake via the Textures folder or imported into other games for use, such as Quake 2 or Half-Life.

~Ben "Makkon" Hale
https://twitter.com/BenjaminHale7
https://www.artstation.com/makkon
+----------------------------------------------------------------+

I especially like the cliff_<COLOR>_12 and 13, I don't recall seeing this type of pattern in other texture packs.