Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Post your Doom textures!

Not exactly a true texture, but can be used as one: true-colour cheap-ass Doom logo remake that I never used in any of my (anonymously) released maps/WADs because I created it for my Dr Doom wallpaper and forgot about it even existing. Tools used: free fonts AmazDoomLeft and AmazDoomRight, Adobe PhotoShop CS 2 standard tools: chrome gradient and standard layer effects (inner shadow, outer glow, bevel and emboss), small seamless circuitry board pattern I once found on some old blog.

Free to use, no credit is needed (unless you feel generous).

Doom logo remake PS.png

P.S. I still have a PSD, so if you want it in any other form or variant, I can post edited version(s).

Edited by Spawn : typo

On 11/8/2021 at 12:35 AM, ViolentBeetle said:

saturn1.pngsaturn2.pngsaturn3.png

A faded scary mural. Made to blend with STUCCO or bricks.

Spoiler

I can probably think of a few more textures it can work with as well.

On STONE for good measure.

saturn4.png

And a different art from the same series. Very on-topic.
sabbath3.png

And while we at it, a very colorful one for a change.

SABBATHR.png

I should be able to make this one into a patch that can be applied to other rock variants, but I'm too lazy to try it yet.

Oi! Have you looked into Obsidian textures? The ones that you created are very much fitting it since you both using the same pictures set. You can message them and maybe even get those added, then it will give a much more visibility to this work of yours.

2 hours ago, DevilMyEyes said:

What do you think about these rock textures i've done?

DROCKS05.png

DROCKS02.png

Colourful and hellish, but honestly, this would fit more as some huge tree (bark) texture, IMHO.

But! Make it into flats (shrinking would help, I think) and then it fits - looks like some hellish desert.

25 minutes ago, Spawn said:

Oi! Have you looked into Obsidian textures? The ones that you created are very much fitting it since you both using the same pictures set. You can message them and maybe even get those added, then it will give a much more visibility to this work of yours.

Colourful and hellish, but honestly, this would fit more as some huge tree (bark) texture, IMHO.

But! Make it into flats (shrinking would help, I think) and then it fits - looks like some hellish desert.

done, btw, these textures are actually tree barks lol, I took a pic of it and made a texture out of that.

DROCKS05.png

DROCKS02.png

13 hours ago, Spawn said:

Obsidian textures

Hey Spawn. What are the Obsidian textures? I googled and all I got was an update to Oblige, which I'm guessing is not what you're talking about.

10 hours ago, NaturalTvventy said:

Hey Spawn. What are the Obsidian textures? I googled and all I got was an update to Oblige, which I'm guessing is not what you're talking about.

On the contrary - that's precisely what I meant! And it's not just an update - it's the next generation. Oblige used to have its own custom textures pack. Which returned and has been massively updated in ObAddon. Naturally, when Obsidian emerged, it was also transferred here, and also updated with a lot of nice custom textures. You can reach the team via either Git or Discord (link on Git page), whatever is more comfortable for you. I recommend trying to reach Shooter (AKA SrgMcShooterPerson) first and foremost, since even though he's often busy, he's the easiest to talk to, and he's an actual (former?) professional when it comes to textures (though his experience was mostly with non-Doom textures).

Dev Textures Inspired by valve's hammer editor

DEVLIGHT.png.9917b9d62201e7e96efece085f046066.pngGRID.png.19174e0d94a16fde467d11f3d2e0987a.pngDOORYEL.png.2342d82bcbf785e55f624fe97e894b8c.pngDOORRED.png.cb8a31fb0f10848780007fb3eeb2d3e0.pngDOORBLU.png.0d94308f851d2178d9e5cdc1af8335ba.pngDEVWALL.png.b513e62972970a7e4bfc53cc89fd84cb.pngDEVSWIT.png.3de38ff5585cc3e72191985779d3c227.pngDEVSTEP.png.e7c28c339b860e5c101e51f588eb7113.png

doom03.png.7dbccd59c58d6f93354d7f6db56f1809.png

And a missing texture Replacement for UDB

MissingTexture3D.png.1c17ee2e36e978aaca271ee1a43e750d.png

I'm basically trying to "hammify" doom.

UPDATE: It's finally complete!

Edited by Matacrat

In 1997 a game was developed by Gelios studeios (Russian game company) called "Smuta:raising dead" (Smuta means "Dark times" in russian) it has some interesting textures. Unfortunately i have not found any file ripping programs suitable for it, and it's not a WAD file, making SlADe useless. I decided to look straight at the walls and making screenshots, here are 2 results:SMUtile1.png.83aa88f86ac6e5e68b0f39c988331421.pngSMbrik1.png.c615d7d618057e5d255a745f5451dee5.png

Edited by Shibainumaster

More like "troubled times" or "times of uncertainty", and yeah, that game was a trip - as in a "bad trip", with mushrooms and all.

3 hours ago, Spawn said:

More like "troubled times" or "times of uncertainty", and yeah, that game was a trip - as in a "bad trip", with mushrooms and all.

Yeah, haha.

4 hours ago, CherryPoptartzzz said:

I got so inspired by this texture that i started a library themed map and even made these edits

Also this quake arch thing

That's great. I wanted to do the same but was too lazy. I'm going to use these in my current project and look forward to seeing your creation.