Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Post your Doom textures!

9 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

for some reason those textures are 127 units tall, so I widened one row of bricks by a pixel, you won't even notice the difference.

Variants:

DNBRIK3.pngDNBRIK5.png

Flats (A bit clumsy):

DNBRIK1.pngDNBRIK3.pngDNBRIK5.png

Damn! Never even noticed that weird 1 pixel difference!

Grey AND gold?! In flats even, including the one for the original?! And I thought Christmas was over long ago.

Thanks a lot.

10 hours ago, EffinghamHuffnagel said:

They won't line up exactly with yours. I'm sure I duplicated a different row than you did.

Those are also pretty sexy bricks. I'm not sure perfect alignment would matter since they won't really be seen together.

Been watching Archive 81, so I made textures for the creepy demon statue.  3 options because I can't decide if I like the symbol or candles.  All 3 re in Doom pallette.

Kaelego.png.af3f229227e87ab63e67dfb3a05a1185.pngKaelego2.png.7d7f212b629e5a5084ad2961b6ef2e14.pngKaelego3.png.4f9cecc3fc91174746a5e0b3667112e2.png

1 hour ago, ShallowB said:

Kaelego.png.af3f229227e87ab63e67dfb3a05a1185.png

Ooo, this is well done. Might I suggest an animated variant with flickering candles?

On 1/30/2022 at 7:03 PM, Nootrac4571 said:

Anyway, for the last few months I've been making ZX Spectrum versions of Doom 1/2 textures. Here's where I'm up to right now:

Speccy textures wip.png

This is great, now all we need is a ZX Spectrum CP

1 hour ago, kwc said:

Ooo, this is well done. Might I suggest an animated variant with flickering candles?

Maybe...

Kaelego.gif.f48239e0c8a74fc3c5bc285147f00d3d.gif

I'm not great at this sort of thing, and it looks a little like Christmas lights!  I tinkered with the arch a bit though, and removed the light that was left over from the bookcase texture.

SWCARD01.png.68e43049a84479f4862e6d3751770fa7.pngSWCARD02.png.924bb8f79e88fb414e98232b20dc80b5.png

Some switches intended for keycards, hacked together from one of DrDoctor's keycard switches (since i didnt care for the colored lights and needed a generic one)

6 hours ago, ShallowB said:

Kaelego.gif.f48239e0c8a74fc3c5bc285147f00d3d.gif

I'm not great at this sort of thing, and it looks a little like Christmas lights!

That's because candles' lights normally flickering in unison when in group since it's affected by one and the same air movement. So, you need to make at least candles on same side flicker in unison, but, if you want, you can have the other side flicker in reverse (like the air moving from one side to other, as if someone was walking by).

13 hours ago, 7Soul said:

This is great, now all we need is a ZX Spectrum CP

Now that would be interesting to look at. Would we make the whole thing 15-colors then? Seems only right. I wonder how it would work with light diminishing though. Probably something like this.

COLORMAP_smoothblue_demo.png

1 minute ago, Scypek2 said:

I wonder how it would work with light diminishing though. Probably something like this.

I actually have a crazy idea about making an extremely custom palette with different versions of each colour that "fade" to black at different rates, so I can alternate them and make the textures dither as they get darker. It'd be pretty complicated to make though, so it's just a thought experiment at the moment.

12 hours ago, YouAreTheDemons said:

SWCARD01.png.68e43049a84479f4862e6d3751770fa7.pngSWCARD02.png.924bb8f79e88fb414e98232b20dc80b5.png

Some switches intended for keycards, hacked together from one of DrDoctor's keycard switches (since i didnt care for the colored lights and needed a generic one)

I think this switch in specific is genius because how classic UAC keycards are used to open doors is something we never really think of.

I'd always assumed they were magnetic-strip cards, since we can't see the back of the keycards. That, or they could work like Metal Gear's keycards and automatically

"talk" to any keycard-locked door in range. It would certainly explain the lack of visible card-readers or places to plug the keycard into.

5 hours ago, horselessheadsman said:

That, or they could work like Metal Gear's keycards and automatically "talk" to any keycard-locked door in range. It would certainly explain the lack of visible card-readers or places to plug the keycard into.

This. That explains why [most] Doom doors looks so excessively high-tech.

On 1/22/2022 at 4:29 AM, EffinghamHuffnagel said:

But since there's now a secondary frame for the red, here's secondary frames for the others. Works as switches or just as pulsing animated textures.

BIO09G2.png.9f5f01627668739e5dcb6ed92fa53ad3.png BIO09B2.png.82fc6a88b203bc4bf38f43a5f64eb2f2.png BIO09Y2.png.c8750f5776ea082d51940cdc357d7231.png BIO09GY.png.b4728262d1e6563548243b446a10a9ca.png

I just noticed you seem to have posted yellow. And there's no proper partner for red. But I suppose I can just overlay them when I have free time.

On 2/11/2022 at 4:09 PM, Nootrac4571 said:

I actually have a crazy idea about making an extremely custom palette with different versions of each colour that "fade" to black at different rates, so I can alternate them and make the textures dither as they get darker. It'd be pretty complicated to make though, so it's just a thought experiment at the moment.

I can imagine how that would work. Sounds fun! Makes me want to try this myself, maybe with an even more limited palette, with 4 colors or so.

Oh, and you could even have different dither patterns depending on texture! Irregular dither on rocks, minimal dither on smooth surfaces... cool stuff.

Edited by Scypek2

On 2/7/2022 at 6:56 PM, Wadmodder Shalton said:

My (mostly shoddy) attempt at ripping the skies from this specific Final Fantasy VII magazine ad and converted for Doom.

p.png

p.png

p.png

p.png

p.png

Looks like these no longer work.

21 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

I just noticed you seem to have posted yellow. And there's no proper partner for red. But I suppose I can just overlay them when I have free time.

I assumed the original version, which @thelamp posted, would be the other red partner. Your red version was darker.

Edit:

---------------

IxaC8Wy.png qrwPb2M.png p26waXy.png

I made a Three sand texture. which one is better?

---------------

When I edit textures, I always do a 3x3 in PSP to see how they tile. Then I make fixes to the center layer, copy it, and repeat until I like it.

Here are yours.

SAND-1.png.b5f6329b8f4e8349a421644bb2c7cc30.png SAND-2.png.a07050243aa7a8fb6489f9c34a103b6e.png SAND-3.png.bc0e5202d62bfaafce0783c3233fd7b6.png

You can see the patterns that will show up in maps. They also doom-paletted a little darker/browner.

The first reminds me of stucco/plaster. Personally, I like the third one except for the obvious seams.

Edited by EffinghamHuffnagel

9 hours ago, EffinghamHuffnagel said:

You can see the patterns that will show up in maps. They also doom-paletted a little darker/browner.

The first reminds me of stucco/plaster. Personally, I like the third one except for the obvious seams.

Thank you! :):):):):):):):):)

On 1/24/2022 at 11:04 AM, ViolentBeetle said:

SCORPF3.png

Been going over Scorpio's textures, to make flats blend better with plain brown. Do you think I should remove the pips now?

1 hour ago, ViolentBeetle said:

Been going over Scorpio's textures, to make flats blend better with plain brown. Do you think I should remove the pips now?

Dunno, man, it's already pretty simple but also still unique enough. Any simpler and it will be just yet another boring ass-generic flat, IMHO.