Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kwkbox

Favorite DOOM II map?

DAZZER said:

The Spirit World... love that gap where you have to go through to reach that big Battlefield with the 2 Spider Masterminds *_*

In Maps of Chaos it's a spiderdemon and a cyberdemon. Still a great map though. That map was the OG Holy Hell.

Sgt Ender said:

In Maps of Chaos it's a spiderdemon and a cyberdemon.

I never played Maps of Chaos to this level ^^ Are there still Invulnerabilitys ?

DAZZER said:

I never played Maps of Chaos to this level ^^ Are there still Invulnerabilitys ?

What do you mean? I don't think there were invulnerability spheres to begin with.

Sgt Ender said:

I don't think there were invulnerability spheres to begin with.

Well if you play The Spirit World on UV there are 2 invulnerability spheres beside the Masterminds...

DAZZER said:

Well if you play The Spirit World on UV there are 2 invulnerability spheres beside the Masterminds...

Oops, I accidentally thought we were talking about MAP20 at first lmao
Yeah, they still have them on MAP28 though

I think my favorite maps would probably be MAP02: Underhalls, MAP10: Refueling Base, MAP14: The Inmost Dens, and MAP21: Nirvana.

The first half of the game is the most memorable to me since as a kid I always played through then got stuck on MAP15, so I have little experience with the latter half of the game. MAP21 though is very memorable and interesting in its design.

Tenements. A central hub connecting multiple locations that feel distinct and play differently. It's a level that manages to give a sense of place but also feels very game-like. It's my favorite kind of Romero map.

Magicana said:

I really love Map29 - The Living End.

Slowly unveiling more and more of the map as you go along, before finally reaching that first seen and long anticipated main platform. Just such a shame you can laugh at the Cyberdemon and run to the exit.

Yeah 29. Because of these reasons and how the music goes, getting more and more tense as you climb, very fitting.

This if I have to name a favorite among all, as 5 or 14 are close imo.

Also, lol @ the chasm :)

From https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Final_boss:

The final boss (often informally called the Icon of Sin because of the Doom II level of which it is a part) is the final boss of Doom II, in MAP30: Icon of Sin.
[...]
In Doom II, the boss is not referred to by any specific name. It is referred to in the Final Doom manual's introductory story as Baphomet. In the text screens of TNT: Evilution and The Plutonia Experiment, it is called the demon-spitter and the Gatekeeper respectively.

Doomkid said:

Out of curiosity, did anyone ever claim the name was anything else?

I've always refer to it as "the wall", its a stupid nickname, but i've grown find of it