Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Da Eediot

I'm trying to remember this old anime that was on Cartoon Network in the early 2000's

There were these kids at a school and there were ghosts in it or something and they had to fight them. Does anyone remember this? I can't find it in the list of previous programming on Cartoon Network. I hope this doesn't get Post Helled before it's answered.

Bleach, probably. Also, that is a pretty typical anime storyline and your description doesn't have a lot of useful details.

I remember computers being involved and they had grey school uniforms. I think they were grey.

It's not Shaman King, Ronin Warriors, Yu Yu Hakusho, or Bleach. It might be Ghost Stories. I'll check it some more.

It can't be Ghost Stories because it wasn't on Cartoon Network in the United States.

It would really depend on what kind of style it had. Did it look like an anime, or had an anime aesthetic to it?
Also, this is important: just what time would it usually air?

"School kids fighting the supernatural" is the plot to just about every anime ever.

Beyblade.

Do you remember the cast? that could be helpful, dunno if the one i'm thinking of was on CN but if it had a teacher with a "skinless" hand covered under a glove...

Back around 2000, toonami would come on in the afternoon, about 4pm-7pm. I don't remember any shows with that storyline from back then.

Pretty vague description imo.
Even Scooby Doo would be an answer to this minus the school mentioning.

We need more info, program times don't help, but atleast with the year you estimated will make it easier.
So any mentionable characters or locations with names?

Mithral_Demon said:

Pretty vague description imo.
Even Scooby Doo would be an answer to this minus the school mentioning.

We need more info, program times don't help, but atleast with the year you estimated will make it easier.
So any mentionable characters or locations with names?

Everything I said was what I remembered. I think there was a guy with glasses who used a computer a lot, but I can't remember any names.

Code Lyoko doesn't have school uniforms and is in a school setting, but the antagonist of the series Xana, is like a Ghost like Virus from a virtual world which causes destruction in real world. Jeremy is the most notable character to be on the computer up next to Aelita.

Sadly, I don't think Cartoon Network had a show like what you're asking for. This one is more of what 4Kids, Nickolodeon and such had.

It wasn't Tenchi Muyo, Tenchi Universe, or Tenchi in Tokyo, was it? That's the only show I can think of from the early 2000s on Toonami that hasn't already been listed.

Voros said:

Is it even anime? Can you prove it?

I can't prove it because I can't remember the name of it. I'm almost certain it's an anime. Are there any other cartoons on Cartoon Network with the description I gave?

Da Eediot said:

It's none of those.

It's can't be... You should watch all of these suggestions from start to end to be sure that it's not what you wish.

40oz said:

Dexters Laboratory

If it's this...

(getting the torches and pitchforks ready)

Jem is the first thing that came to mind. Second only to Space Ghost, Coast-to-Coast.