Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mewdoom

Any suggestion for a good paint tool for recolor ?

Hello guys,

I want to recolor a sprite but I dont find any tool that provide simple way to recolor. Does exist a little paint tool that we can just set wich color we want to replace with witch color and then it replace all the pixels automaticly ? Even better, a tool that will suggest a color with the same luminosity as the pixel we want to replace ?

For palettized graphics in Doom graphic format, the ideal recoloring tool is "Graphic -> Color Remap" in SLADE3.

I just try it and I am little confused. How don't know how to use it, whereever I click on pixels nothing change.

All the pixels are shades of grey ..

Mewdoom said:

All the pixels are shades of grey ..

Okay, let's do this again.

Gez said:

On to colorlessness. I'll quote myself:

Gez said:

Grayscale pictures in SLADE 3? Set up the base resource archive or at least use the palette chooser dropdown.

Here's what you should look out for:

And here's where they are:

Got it :)

Now I can see the colors in remap.

But I still dont catch how to use it .. Do you have a tutorial ?

Plus, whatever Palette I choose from the dropdown, the sprite still looking the same. Doesnt supposed to change based on the palette color ?

Using remap is super simple. You select the color range you want to replace in the "origin" palette, and then you select the color range with which you want to replace in the "target" palette. You can also use the + button to add another range to translate. Here's an example of how to make green-blooded imps.

Here, two color ranges are replaced.

I catch the use of the interface, do I need to save to file ? I just click Ok and back to sprite preview window and I see no changes... What I am missing ?

After seleting the original and the target pixels, I dont see the preview updated with the selection range ...

I found the problem :) the images in my wad what as PNG, I convert them as doom gfx and now it work. Thanks guys :)