Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShermanFromDeath

(OLD) Micro DooM

Oh, i was thinking that was called "Micro Doom" for the fact that was very little sized maps (like a 512x512 or a 1024x1024 sized maps), not from the number of maps!

Anyway some screenshots will be acceptable... and for what source is intended?

Vanilla, boom, (G)Zdoom compatibilty?

walter confalonieri said:

Oh, i was thinking that was called "Micro Doom" for the fact that was very little sized maps (like a 512x512 or a 1024x1024 sized maps), not from the number of maps!

Anyway some screenshots will be acceptable... and for what source is intended?

Vanilla, boom, (G)Zdoom compatibilty?

I tested this on GZDoom. But it might work on some Sources.

Glaice said:

Perhaps you should elaborate why?

Meh, not worth the words. If you don't want to take my word for it you are more then welcome to try it out for yourself.

a picture of MAP03 if you're curious:

These are 4 very short speed running maps, you need to use some "pacifist" (finishing the level without shooting) speed run tactics to finish, otherwise you will die a lot like in these FDAs where i diyng like a milion times devoured by demons horde in inespicable pits (cl 9, btw.).

It plays fine on boom engines (on prboom 2.5.0), so it probably works also for vanilla doom 2 but i'm not sure about it, i need to check it.
Also one lift in map02 doesn't work due to the fact that is tagged at 0...

Over this, these are 4 experimental maps done using the startan3 combo present in every first time map, with insane heights changes from 1994 (you know, 0-128 to -1000 - 128, i've did these kind of stuff too back in the days), but the fact is... these maps are, as i wrote above, inespicable pits of certain death if you're not cautious.
Adding a teleport (or a lift) to return back to a safe spot i think is vital for these kind of maps, also adding more variety and detailing it could be better...

Also it contains 2 IoS maps where the IoS battle is it can easily pass due to the fact that the exit is just near (or right back like in map04)...