Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alfonzo

The DWIronman League dies to: *Khorus' Speedy Shit

Take heart! Your run is neither the most embarrassing nor the most swiftly undone in the short history of Ironman. I can tell that you're still getting to grips with the controls; not having auto-run on for a start is likely a massive hindrance in any modern mapset worth its salt.

Sit back and enjoy the spectacle of flying marine corpses! The silvermost lining to any early death.

Video coming later, but all I will say is that this will be the most depressing of my runs to watch back...
fuck, heh

....You died on the first map didn't you Eris ;D? About as bad as I handled the room where I died on map 13 (I chalk that up to not having played the wad in for-freaking-ever).

Not quite, but it's so horrific that it may as well have been.

So yet another blind play for me. Got jumpscared at 2:16 :P
As you'll see here, MAP01 nearly went to shit after I went through the red door. Would've gone into MAP02 with 11 health had I not found the berserk pack, but it made no difference in the end.

MAP02's opening shot told me I would die here, but rather than just getting it over with I painfully slogged about halfway through the map, and just when there was a glimmer of hope, see you next month.mid

Got caught on the wall and bottled it.

Alright, let's do this! This will be the DWIL where I get beyond map 1!

EDIT: Later. When I'm not so sleepy I launch the wad in the wrong -complevel.

an_mutt said:

Made it to map 05 - I'm an embarrassment, reduced to crying out random Steely Dan lyrics in the face of death:

https://www.twitch.tv/an_mutt/v/92486575

My aim of my eventual run shall be to pass map 5 thusly, and therefore tie up our ongoing Ironman contest 2 to 2. Here's to hoping!

I'll have a livestream of this done at some point, but can't say when exactly alas.

My streak of only 2 finished maps continues. *sigh*

Ended up getting to MAP03 with very little health and playing peekaboo with a cacodemon. (The cacodemon won.)

Okay folks, the OP's been updated to include all the latest runs save for those four by Krypto, Ancalagon, Anima and Zero Master, which all seem to desync at the beginning of map04. This is plainly something on my end; Rayziik had a look at them and they've checked out fine. I wonder what's causing them to turn schizo on my end...

While I'm getting this sorted out, keep them coming! I'll be streaming over at http://www.twitch.tv/st_alfonzo in about 6 hours, so if you're good for a few minutes (I certainly won't last longer than an hour) be sure to drop by and help hound me to an assisted suicide!

edit: /me types COCKADOODLEDOO. Never mind, not doing this. Trial-running this mapset beforehand, this is simply not my thing, not under these conditions. My blood pressure can only get so high before this actually becomes dangerous to my health.

And besides that I'M SERIOUSLY SO BEHIND ON MY UNI THINGS I THINK I'M GOING TO DIE

so yeah,

Get stuffed.

Died on Map02. I could feel the salt levels welling up within me then and I can feel them now. Just a bad night to play Doom! Hayfever coming on, feeling 65% tops, atrocious framerate... should have hit Esc and punched out to live and fight another day. Now I have to sit on this performance for a month! Ugh.

Australia 1 : 3 Canada

I played this back in 2012 soon after it came out, can I still compete?

Eh, if I remember it well (and this thread seems to agree) I won't go much further than map 2. Might as well give it a shot for fun.

Spoiler

I remember a very, very annoying archvile right at the start. Wonder how many died to it. Also 10x more mancubi and revenants than map 2 needs.

There's no restriction on whether you have played the maps before or not, only a request that you explain your level of map knowledge in regards to the set!

Very well then, here it is. I made a decision on Map 2 and regret it very much.

Full disclosure, I remembered map 1 better than I thought, you can see me teasing out the traps.

joe-ilya said:

Is there really anything wrong playing -complevel 9 at a -complevel 2 mapset?

You'll certainly think so if you get a DNF due to a level breaking from bad compat settings :)

OP updated with all the runs so far, thanks for waiting. Turns out I was using an outdated version of the WAD - must have been updated on /idgames after the initial release. Invalidates my run, as well, not that it should count for much given where I finished!

Massive props to Krypto, who I think I remember from my short stint at TNS. He's a master, and the run makes for some impressive viewing. Map28 almost shelved him on, what, 3... 4 different occasions? Somehow he just backs it all up with a cool head and by knowing when to pick his fights. That exit is going to take something special to beat.