Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AverageDoomPlayer

Brutal Doom not working on GZDoom

For some reason, whenever I try to load up Brutal Doom on GZDoom, it says something like, "error:bloodtextline, expected (Something), got (Something). Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

1. It might help more if you post the actual crashlog instead of an incomplete summary from memory.

2. Are you running the latest GZDoom?

Blastfrog said:

2. Are you running the latest GZDoom?

Most likely this is your solution.

This is probably because of a broken line on the decorate for the blood, something along the lines of there being a 0.l rather than a 0.1 for whatever unholy reason.

I have the lastest GZDoom and it doesn't work. At first I got errors about the cvarinfo, and then about the 0.l in the code (LOL). I tried to fix them but still got a ton of errors about the class definitions. It runs fine on Zandronum though.

Like others said, it's most likely a compatibility problem with Brutal Doom and your GZDoom version. Try downloading the starter pack from ModDB, it comes with a version of GZDoom from January 1st which should work. You could also try downloading the newest version of Zandronum. Zandronum is way better than GZDoom anyway IMO.

ArchvileHunter said:

Zandronum is way better than GZDoom anyway IMO.

Yet GZDoom is like 6+ months ahead of Zandronum and much closer to the ZDoom 2.8.x codebase. Zandronum is like what, 2.5.x or something? Someone clarify please.

Using one of the test versions I get:
"Script error, "brutalv20b.pk3:blood.txt" line 610: Expected ',', got 'l'."

Just run it with Zandro 3.0-something and there should be no difference unless you really want the new bloom and filter features.

It's unbelievable that this guy doesn't release a fix for something this critcal which I reported to him 9 months ago!

Oh, and if you are absolutely resistant to loading that problem definition into a text editor and fix it, GZDoom 2.1.1 still works, the fix to the number parser was done afterward.

Try running the 64bit version of GZdoom is you haven't already. I had problems until I downloaded that version.

With regards to this problem both are the same. It's a typo in the BD DECORATE code that went unnoticed due to a parser bug in older ZDoom versions. That bug had been fixed shortly after the 2.8.1 release.

[quote="rileymartin" post="1675249"]
Using one of the test versions I get:
"Script error, "brutalv20b.pk3:blood.txt" line 610: Expected ',', got 'l'."

That was exactly what I got.

I also couldn't run brutal doom even on thelatest gzdoom. However, it works fine when i use the gzdoom that comes with the v20 starter pack. Even though that version of gzdoom is older.

As I said previously: If that guy doesn't want to fix his stupid typo it's not my problem. This was a parser bug and the input is clearly incorrect, it doesn't even do what was intended in Brutal Doom.

But don't expect that old GZDoom version to update ever again.

The fix is really simple. Open the file in question, search for '0.l' and replace it with '0.1'. AFAIK there's two occurences of this.