Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ingues

Rapid-fire shotgun wad/mod for Doom?

Heya,

I remember having such a mod for doom 2 when the game came out years ago, it would make the single-barrel shotgun fire EXTREMELY fast! I have scoured the net for it or any mention of it in the forums here but I can't seem to find anywhere to get it. If someone knows what I am talking about and they know where to find it I'd be very greatful!

Thanks for the time,

Ingues

how fast is fast? this is one i made; it's rediculously fast but not rediculously rediculously fast like suprwep8. plus the lights still flash when you fire it and since it's so fast it makes kindof a strobe effect. neato. works with doom or doom2, only changes single shotgun.

Patch File for DeHackEd v3.0

# Note: Use the pound sign ('#') to start comment lines.

Doom version = 21
Patch format = 6

Frame 21
Duration = 1

Frame 22
Duration = 2
Next frame = 28

Frame 23
Duration = 1

Frame 24
Duration = 1

Frame 25
Duration = 1

Frame 26
Duration = 1

Frame 27
Duration = 1

Frame 28
Duration = 1

Frame 29
Duration = 1

Frame 30
Duration = 1

Frame 31
Duration = 1

Ammo 1 (Shells)
Max ammo = 1000
Per ammo = 500

i did one of those once for the super with dehacked just screwin around. it killed a cyberdemon in like, 4 seconds. Insane damage

Use3D said:

i did one of those once for the super with dehacked just screwin around. it killed a cyberdemon in like, 4 seconds. Insane damage

suprwep8 is faster than that =D

How much ammo did you have and how much did it use? If I remember right, suprwep8 had unlimited ammo with somewhere around 1000 bullets, shells, etc. capacity.

Who cares? :P
I tried the suprwep8.deh and it's awesome. I ran the whole game using just the fist.

I tried using the latest version of DeHacked to use the suprwep8 patch you all mentioned but I can't for the life of me get it to actually *apply* the patch after I loaded it up in DeHacked. I used the "w" key to write the changes and then exited DeHacked and started up Doom2 normally. No changes. I then consulted the short FAQ in the help file and ran doomhack.exe like it told me. No changes. I then ran Doom2 thru DeHacked using the "r" function and still no changes. I am not sure what I am doing wrong, if anyone can lend me any quick advice i'd be very greatful. (Or tell me where to find a .wad file er sumthin that does the same thing)

Thanks for all the helpful responses!

(Using Windows XP for what it matters)

Ingues said:

I tried using the latest version of DeHacked to use the suprwep8 patch you all mentioned but I can't for the life of me get it to actually *apply* the patch after I loaded it up in DeHacked. I used the "w" key to write the changes and then exited DeHacked and started up Doom2 normally. No changes. I then consulted the short FAQ in the help file and ran doomhack.exe like it told me. No changes. I then ran Doom2 thru DeHacked using the "r" function and still no changes. I am not sure what I am doing wrong, if anyone can lend me any quick advice i'd be very greatful. (Or tell me where to find a .wad file er sumthin that does the same thing)

Thanks for all the helpful responses!

(Using Windows XP for what it matters)

most source ports allow you to load a saved .deh at the command line e.g. "boom -deh .\dehacked\suprwep8.deh"

as for saving your changes to the original exe, it sounds like you're doing it right. check your dehacked config file again for the paths of everything, etc.

Yes, I remember that when I first started playing Doom.

It appeared in a mod called Doom2Xtreme or Doom2Xtreme Gold.

Heh...well, good luck with the rapid-fire shotgun, although with dehacked, I could never get it above something like 700 RPM. I have no idea how Chuck Lai got around that with the dual chainguns, though. But then again, I only took a wee gander at the exe code and that was it. I just did my own thing when I was screwing around with dehacked, which was probably why I didn't get very far :p