Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blackgaze

Spellcross - OBLIGE Custom Monster Pack V1.02 -> Final Version

Hi Doomworld Forums.

Last year I create the "Spellcross" 32x (now 35) Monster Pack, new original monsters based on the enemies of the turn-based game of the same name. In the past you could only test them in the Arena Map provided by the wad, but now I have created a custom monster collection ready to be used for OBLIGE, just load the file and you have 35 new monsters include your random maps, with many providing new gameplay elements which the classic monsters did not.

Download here, instructions within:
https://mega.nz/#!MIt30YwA!6UB18HTvIvJodO8c6LBGqwKswz1tGyCuzOtBy0yIm_Q
Wad Requires HARDWARE (OPENGL), a semi-modern source port (Zandronum etc) and OPENGL's Adjust Spirit Clipping settings turned to "never".

v1.00 completed 1st October
v1.01 completed 23rd October ->
v1.02 completed 27th February -> Current and Final Version

Spellcross - OBLIGE Custom Monster pack V1.01 is now available!

This is quite a big patch, as not only is there a decent list of "Monster Balances" and "OBLIGE random settings" changes, but I also like to introduce you to three new monsters to add to the monster variety, making a total of 35 monsters.

Ka-Orc Kommander, Shadow Magotar and Shadow Magotar (Air) will now be part of the collection, shown here in the Spellcross Arena.

Also included is a "Spellcross Monster Control" setting, so you can add or remove certain Spellcross Monsters to create a more enjoyable (or experimental) experience. Various other fixes are included in this patch as well, including a change to one of Magician's attacks, and an "Icon of Sin" change which spawns Spellcross Monsters alongside Doom Monsters.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/w98mq1aqpxb595e/OBLIGE_Spellcross_Monster_Pack_V1.01.zip

Enjoy! Let me know what you think.

I would've included a Gameplay Video this time, but I can't find a free recording device of decent quality and length. Could anyone recommend one?

VGA said:

Have you tried Fraps?

Yeah, it's great but the 30 seconds maximum "free" length means I can't make anything with it, even if chopped together. It's what I worked with for the earlier Spellcross Arena trailer.

But everything I try is either that, or poor quality. I thought it be easier than it currently is

Blackgaze said:

Yeah, it's great but the 30 seconds maximum "free" length means I can't make anything with it, even if chopped together. It's what I worked with for the earlier Spellcross Arena trailer.

But everything I try is either that, or poor quality. I thought it be easier than it currently is

I really wouldn't use fraps anymore these days. The big advent of streaming and gaming videos on youtube has brought a bunch of new and better suited software.

I'd recommend Open Broadcaster Software/OBS Studio: https://obsproject.com/ It's primarily designed for streaming, but you can also just record locally and it has settings appropriate for that. It even supports lossless recording (giant files though). Easy to use + free.

Just make sure to use proper bitrate + quality settings, then you're set.

thaquoth said:

I really wouldn't use fraps anymore these days. The big advent of streaming and gaming videos on youtube has brought a bunch of new and better suited software.

I'd recommend Open Broadcaster Software/OBS Studio: https://obsproject.com/ It's primarily designed for streaming, but you can also just record locally and it has settings appropriate for that. It even supports lossless recording (giant files though). Easy to use + free.

Just make sure to use proper bitrate + quality settings, then you're set.

I give that a go, any recommended Zandronum settings? The last patch is pretty good and may have one more final one to fix minor things, I have a video alongside that

MinerOfWorlds said:

What OBLIGE level maker are you using it looks like 0.97

Nah, its 7.5. Just picked the first screenshot, looks like old OBLIGE.

Sorry for the delay, but here's the Final Version. I've cleared up as much balance as possible, so I hope you can enjoy these monsters added to your OBLIGE maps or other Monster generators wads. I've also updated Spellcross Arena for those who want to fight the Custom Monsters outside of the OBLIGE maps, available here: https://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/84554-wip-spellcross-the-last-battle-new/.

This will be my last ever project in the DOOM community, so I thank everyone who helped try out my project. Any final thoughts would be most generous.

Download here: https://mega.nz/#!MIt30YwA!6UB18HTvIvJodO8c6LBGqwKswz1tGyCuzOtBy0yIm_Q

On 3/5/2019 at 6:35 PM, XxDubstepGuyxX said:

But how?, i have old oblige but i dint see Spellcross Monster Control and theres no Monster Pack that i can summon there :(

Sorry for the delay.  Had no messages of any kind until now.

Just try it with the new oblige first, since custom monsters were unavailable for earlier versions.  There's a readme file attached, so everything should be explained to setup there, there's no reason why it shouldn't work.

Let me know how your experience goes for you.

On 4/12/2019 at 3:50 AM, Blackgaze said:

Sorry for the delay.  Had no messages of any kind until now.

Just try it with the new oblige first, since custom monsters were unavailable for earlier versions.  There's a readme file attached, so everything should be explained to setup there, there's no reason why it shouldn't work.

Let me know how your experience goes for you.

Ok thanks!