Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
joe-ilya

Transforming flats in SLADE3.

I've made a 1:1 64x64 pixel wide PNG, but when I try to transform it into a flat format it turns into an unknown format, when I look at other texture packs it clearly shows some flat formats there.

The conversion is actually successful (the graphic turns into proper flat format), SLADE3 just doesn't label the converted flat as a flat immediately. From my experience, either moving the flat in and out of flat markers or closing the wad and opening it again helps this (first convert the flat, then do one of the 2 procedures, then the flat will be recognized as a flat).

Thanks, I closed SLADE3 with the PNG picture still in the wad, when I opened it again I SLADE3 would immidietly make transform it into a valid flat format.

Now where do I put my flat? Into the TEXTURE1 lump and the PNAMES lump?

Oh, OK, it's automatically registered by the game if you put it between two specific markers.

There should really be a small guide on how to make your own texture pack work correctly.

Blastfrog said:

No, you put it between F_START and F_END.

TBQH, I'm surprised you didn't know that by now.

I only knew how to replace textures all this time.

F_END yes, but not F_START if you're mapping for vanilla, or the engine will crash. Use FF_START instead.