Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

Twitch to allow uploaded videos

Link

Could this be the first serious competitor to Youtube, since Amazon is the one backing Twitch? I look forward to uploading my video content here as well.

The more the merrier imo.
I doubt anyone's gonna stop using yt unless twitch actually offers any advantage.

YukiHerz said:

I doubt anyone's gonna stop using yt unless twitch actually offers any advantage.

If they can just offer more flexible terms regarding copyrighted material, and don't automate the process of video deletion/demonetization/strikes, I'd say they're already off to a great start.

I have my doubts because of how terrible twitch service is in south america, at least in chile, high speed connections shouldn't be buffering every 10 seconds.

HorrorMovieGuy said:

If they can just offer more flexible terms regarding copyrighted material, and don't automate the process of video deletion/demonetization/strikes, I'd say they're already off to a great start.

Agreed.

I just signed up to twitch myself as I learned I can directly stream from my console (another advantage over Youtube).

I'm new to the idea of twitch, isnt it only for video games? Sounds like it might be tough to manage strictly video game videos only. Or maybe they're opening that up.

I doubt it will compete with YouTube. Though, video game related videos are a huge chunk of YouTube's success.

Twitch has a section dedicated to art and game development. As well as one for "social eating," where you just stream yourself eating. I'm not sure where the demand for that one came from.

YukiHerz said:

I have my doubts because of how terrible twitch service is in south america, at least in chile, high speed connections shouldn't be buffering every 10 seconds.

Twitch also chokes all the time in France. For all the contestable stuff Youtube does, at least the basic service works: if you type a video URL, you get there and it works in a few seconds, no harm no fuss. Twitch engineers seem incapable to design a properly working website.

Jaxxoon R said:

Twitch has a section dedicated to art and game development. As well as one for "social eating," where you just stream yourself eating. I'm not sure where the demand for that one came from.

*Cough* JoeysWorldTour *Cough cough*