Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
uhbooh

Pcorf's Music Rejects

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/music/musrej1

A music only wad containing some of the rejects from 2002ado and several other of my past projects. All songs are original and composed by me. Feel free to use any of these songs in your wad, level, etc. Music replaces all 32 levels, plus title, interpic and intermission in Doom 2. Works with vanilla doom2.exe.

I think most of these songs are pretty good and would fit well with bluewarriors MIDIs despite being rejects. One's that stand out to me are D_DM2TTL(would make a nice fit for D_INTRO in phase 1) and D_SHAWN3. Ones like D_STALKS and D_THEDA3 might even fit in blasphemer.

I gotta be honest, I don't like a single track in this with the exception of D_DM2TTL. I do think we should use it, but for Phase 2 due to its length.

Since Jimmy allows it, we should use endgame.mid for Phase 1's title screen.

Well the orignal D_INTRO is cut off as well, and the only thing that's cut off is a sustained note. You can test it in game, it sounds fine in doom 1.

As for endgame.mid, can you tell me what that is?

Wait, it says pcorf used MIDtoMUS, so all the music in that WAD is in MUS? That won't do.

What's the issue with MUS? If it really is a problem you can convert MUS to MIDI with ease.

uhbooh said:

What's the issue with MUS? If it really is a problem you can convert MUS to MIDI with ease.

No, that's pointless.

The original MIDI contain important metadata and the notes are there as laid out in the MIDI editing software. MUS conversion strips all metadata and puts the note through the blender to reassign them to a different, smaller number of channels. The playback is, usually but unfortunately not always, identical to the MIDI original. However, getting the original MIDI back from the MUS is futile -- all the stuff you wanted to recover from it are definitely lost forever and ever.

Original MIDI or bust. Converted MUS are nothing but an insult.

You'll have to contact pcorf for the original MID files. Like what Gez said, its an insult.

BTW Sodaholic, where can I get this endgame.mid? Would like to hear it and compare.

Alright then, I understand that you don't want converted MUS files in freedoom. Heretic doesn't support MIDI files however, only MUS, so is adding these to blasphemer an option?

Depends on Blasphemer's goal. If its aiming for vanilla, then sure. If sourceport oriented, then probably not.