Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MadHatter

spidey is fucking w/ us

orion said:

heh, I wish my problem was with spiders, atleast they look cool and are usually pretty small. But these shits that I have in my room are about one inch long, have a lot of legs, are fast as fucking hell, can walk on walls/cielings, and just look freaking nasty as hell. I saw one just a minute ago rushing under my desk. No clue what in hell the shit is either.

Well orion, It sounds like you have centipedes. Or silverfish. Either way, sleep with your mouth closed.

Archvile64 said:

I think I eat 70 insects and 10 spiders every year when I go to camp.

Heh. When we got to Grade 8 camp, they showed us around the very basic campsite. The boys toilet was a funnel sticking out of a tank. It was funny cause a spider (redback) had spun a web across the top of the funnel. Bye Bye Mr. Spidey!

Submerge said:

Well orion, It sounds like you have centipedes. Or silverfish. Either way, sleep with your mouth closed.

I've seen centipedes back when I lived in europe, these suckers are thicker, and I think I've seen one running sideways. So it's probably the other one, I'll have to google it up. I don't have a lot of them, I see one like every 2-3 days days, maybe it's just like one or two... I'm having a hard time stepping on them because they blend in with the hardwood floors in my room and carpets in my living room.

orion said:

I'll have to google it up. I don't have a lot of them, I see one like every 2-3 days days,

Search for cocaine bug :P

fodders said:

Search for cocaine bug :P

... I did, and I think I might be suffering from it, I've been seeing little black shit move across the floor and when I look it's not there. Hopefully it will go away, and if not, hopefully it wont get worse.

EDIT: nevermind, I read more about it, it's a sensation of having bugs crawling under your skin, no I'm just seeing shit move across the floor, and more than likely something is moving there, so meh =]

MadHatter said:

Have you guys been using the pc like later at night or at early on the morning and out of nowhere, a freaking spider pops and it scares the fuck out of you? and you know that you cant sleep anymore, and you get all paranoid thinking there are more, and you cant sit tight anymore 'cause of it.

has that ever happened to you? i just happened to me, like 2 minutes ago, and i cant stop getting this feelings that there's another spider crawling up my leg-back or neck. its fucking anoying!

I've had a few fast ones go racing across my desk at night. It's a tad scary.

The best though is one night I woke up at 4:00am and decided to surf the internet. Back then I used to have 4-5" liberty spiked hair (vampire red too) and I slept at night often with my hair still spiked up. Well as I waiting for monitor to power up a spider came in front of my vision hanging from a spindle. The thing was making a web in my hair! ;)

heh. I like spiders. I like waching them do things like make webs, and eat stuff. We have these fat ones that make these huge webs around the place. Fascinating...

I don't mind spiders, as long as they are on a wall and close to the top ;)

I think i've run over about 2 spiders unknowingly with this chair since i got it a year ago :P

Bees and wasps don't really bother me that much either...

There's this... bug that's been scuttling around my room the last few nights. It's not a spider, that much is obvious. It looks like a very large ant, about the size of a .44 Magnum round. Pale yellow body, exept for its thorax, which is pale-yellow-and-black striped (very narrow) crosswise. Black compound eyes. No obvious wings, cannot climb worth shit, hasn't been noticed doing anything other than wandering around (or trying and failing to climb over some clutter), seems pretty dumb even for a bug. Sturdy little bastard; I accidently stepped on this thing about a week ago, and it was only stunned, no injuries or anything. Thoughts?

fodders said:

Much, much larger, no wings, the body shape is all wrong, and I've only seen the one. If this puppy was excavating a nest, the damage would be pretty obvious I think.

When it comes to small bugs, I'm about as pacifistic as a Tibetan monk. A mosquito tried to drink my bodily fluids the other day, and I had to pressure myself into stunning the sucker. (heh...I made a funny)

Anyway, there were these odd bugs at the campsite we were at this last week. They were greyish-black grasshopper-like things with antenna about as long as their bodies, which were a couple inchs long. Probably a species of long-horn grasshopper.

Time for my assorted ramblings:

Once a spider made a nice web on one of my car's mirrors. I left the web and it survived wind while driving 50 mph. It was suddenly gone after a couple days. My Dad might have cleaned it off.

I don't know what Orion has but it definately isn't silverfish. They're smaller, gray, and look like prehistoric things. I think they're attracted by paper. It must be a larger type centipede or millipede. I don't get too many large bugs where I live.

I don't think there's anything dangerous around where I live other than copper head snakes I've never seen or something supposedly found in what's left of wooded areas. There are I think both brown recluses and black widow spiders in another area of PA maybe 30 or 40 miles away. My mom's friend's husband got bit by one, but fortunately got medical treatment in time. His leg swelled up to twice its normal size. It's possible there may be brown recluses where I live. I've seen some nasty looking big brown spiders and killed them to be on the safe side.

We've probably all eaten gnats and dust mites. They must account for a good 65 of those insects. Keep in mind statistics can be bullshit since they're grouping together people living in huts and people that camp out and gulp down hundreds with people that have eaten maybe ten in their lifetime. I'm definately on the lower end since I don't go camping and don't get too many live bugs in my room or on the living room couch. I've probably accidently swallowed more gnats while awake than assorted bugs or spiders while sleeping.

Gokuma said:

I don't know what Orion has but it definately isn't silverfish. They're smaller, gray, and look like prehistoric things. I think they're attracted by paper. It must be a larger type centipede or millipede. I don't get too many large bugs I live.

Well in that case good luck to it surviving. All the paper that's here usually gets eaten by me within a week. Why? I don't know, gum tastes rotten to me.

Yellow jackets are freaking annoying. Recently I was trying to shoo one away and accidently backhanded it to its death without it stinging me. I haven't actually been stung by a bee or wasp in years and never by a yellow jacket. I only got stung by stepping on bees in the grass and once had a bunch of wasps sneak up on me and sting me on the knees. Those wasps freaking hurt but only momentarily. I think they were a type that bites instead of using their stinger. They only got me because I didn't see it coming. It's loads of fun whacking carpenter bees with a wiffle bat. That'll teach them to drill holes in woodwork. I rarely see them around my house anymore.

GS-1719 said:

What's wrong with spiders? They are useful and cause no harm.

Stop being so squemish.

Yes they are harmless, especially the Sydney Funnel Web that has killed hundreds of humans!
By the way, there was a hint of sarcasm in that sentence...

Some people do kind of not fear spiders enough. My friends cousin supposedly got bit by a spider, somehow it made the veins in her body contract, she ended up completely loosing her arm and being paralyzed from her waist down or something. As far as I know it was a normal looking small little spider.

The only really dangerous spiders native to Salt Lake are the Widows. I probably have one or two living in my garage right now. Ugly little bitches.

As for dangerous spiders not native to Salt Lake, we have this wonderful little breed known as the Hobo Spider that wanders into town every August/September, looking for mates. Nobody has died from a Hobo bite around here, although it can cause a crippling, disfiguring infection where it bites you.

Check this shit out.

Whenever a hobo bites me, I usualy club him on the head then call a cop over to bring the bastard in.

Grandson (4) has been playing too much Spiderman on the PC lately, he told me "Grandad, I want to be bitten by a spider so I can be Spiderboy"...bless :D