Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zemini

Best Doom (2016) Monitor

Doom First, every other game second...I want a 4k monitor but I am told that they tend to slow down the games frames a lot. I Guess the tech is not there yet. Here our my new pc stats.

NVIDIA GeFroce GTX 1080
RAM 32 GB
Intel Core i76800k CPU @ 3.4ghz (12 gpus)3.4ghz

When I had a 60Hz monitor and played RAGE at full framerate I thought that this is as good as I'll ever need. It's smooth, right? But after I got a new PC and a 144Hz monitor... 60 already feels a bit choppy in comparison. The experience of a 120+fps gameplay, especially in a fast-paced game like DOOM4, is so surprisingly better that I'd recommend it to everyone if they can afford it.

And to think that most games on consoles are still made with 30 in mind... Seriously, 60 should be a minimum these days and nobody should even consider 30.

I honestly don't see the point of going for 4K at all, unless you're playing games with a 2-3 year delay. As of right now the only card that can maintain close to 60fps in SOME new games is the new Titan X. And it's not gonna last. I say 1080p/1440p + higher framerate is the way to go unless you only play games that do not feature a whole lot of rapid action. I mean, 4K 144Hz sounds nice... but what kind of PC would run (new) games under such conditions? None.

Touchdown said:

I honestly don't see the point of going for 4K at all, unless you're playing games with a 2-3 year delay. As of right now the only card that can maintain close to 60fps in SOME new games is the new Titan X. And it's not gonna last. I say 1080p/1440p + higher framerate is the way to go unless you only play games that do not feature a whole lot of rapid action. I mean, 4K 144Hz sounds nice... but what kind of PC would run (new) games under such conditions? None.

My two 980 Ti Classifieds can run recent games at 4k/60fps. DX12-enabled games like Deus Ex: MD make use of SLI setups and now my game runs better than it did under DX11.

Too bad the idTech 6 engine sucks massive dick and doesn't really make use of SLI setups. This is the only game I have trouble trying to get 60fps at 4k.

Once you go 144hz, you won´t be coming back to 60hz. 144 fps using a 144hz monitor is way smother than 60 fps at 60hz. But then again it all depends on how much you can spend on the monitor.

So I got

ASUS ROG PG278Q Black 27" WQHD 2560 x 1440, 144 Hz 1ms (GTG) NVIDIA G-Sync Gaming Monitor

Game looks very nice when I use the Vulcan API. Loading times seem to be much longer when I switch between games thou.

So far I have only played Snap Map content.

Zemini said:

So I got

ASUS ROG PG278Q Black 27" WQHD 2560 x 1440, 144 Hz 1ms (GTG) NVIDIA G-Sync Gaming Monitor

Game looks very nice when I use the Vulcan API. Loading times seem to be much longer when I switch between games thou.

So far I have only played Snap Map content.

Nice monitor. Image quality is good, response time is lightning fast and input lag is pretty much nonexistent. Congrats :)

Waiting for 120Hz/144Hz laptop screens to hit the European aftermarket. My new Clevo system still has the 60Hz IPS standard. Might check the Chi Mei panels used in the new MSI notebooks, but I'm hoping for even better stuff to come along soon.

You've got a pretty powerful rig, so it would be worth getting a 1440p monitor. If you poured all your budget into the tower then get a 1080p monitor and save for a 1440p monitor.

Linguica said:

*hits blunt*

the best monitor for Doom 2016... is the one in front of you.

*wheezes loudly*

Spoiler

S A V A G E
A
V
A
G
E