Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Richo Rosai

Arachnotron in Kadingir Sanctum?

Is it just me, or does that corpse near the beginning really look like an arachnotron?

I mean, if you ignore the fact that there seem to be ribs in it, it's got the brain and the green mechanical casing and legs visible.

It's a half-eaten Mancubus.

What you're looking at is the bottom of the belly, with the crotch area covered in some armor plating to spare us all the sight.

Fun fact about the Mancubus:

Their victims rot in their guts which generates a lot of gas, which they ignite to use their flamethrowers. So in essence they light their own farts.

I'm thinking it's a Mancubus. Arachnotrons don't make an appearance in DOOM '16 anyway.

MFG38 said:

I'm thinking it's a Mancubus. Arachnotrons don't make an appearance in DOOM '16 anyway.

Of course, but that's what would make it a cool easter egg.

I accept the consensus that it's probably a (cyber-)mancubus and I did consider it and looked in the model viewer before making this post, but it seems to be a little different from the mancubus in the final game. There's no segmented green legs sticking out of the bottom of the mancubus for example, and the visible armor has some differences. Maybe the object in the level was made before the enemy was finalized or something.

Richo Rosai said:

Of course, but that's what would make it a cool easter egg.

I accept the consensus that it's probably a (cyber-)mancubus and I did consider it and looked in the model viewer before making this post, but it seems to be a little different from the mancubus in the final game. There's no segmented green legs sticking out of the bottom of the mancubus for example, and the visible armor has some differences. Maybe the object in the level was made before the enemy was finalized or something.

That's probably because it's clipping through the ground.