Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ledillman

Diablo 2 closing

Last night I wanted to keep playing Diablo 2 (LOD) in Hell difficulty, currently in Act II, but the games simply closes at random times, no error log or anything, just closes.
Anybode has the same problem? it happens when I'm walking, when trying to teleport to another area, pretty random.

Odd, honestly that's not a problem i've ever experienced with d2. In fact it has ran remarkably well on win7 and 8 for myself. But I do know that with certain graphical options (like direct3d or directdraw) can cause people issues. Playing in a window and possibly turning off the fake isometric 3d could help, even changing compatibility to xp sp3 might alleviate your pains.

Doominator2 said:

Oh thank god I thought this was about the diablo 2 servers shutting down, praise the lord!

Ya seriously, this guy should write click bait titles for a living

Been playing the Eastern Sun mod which gets pretty damn buggy over LAN, but don't recall having any issues with the unmodded original.

Doominator2 said:

Oh thank god I thought this was about the diablo 2 servers shutting down, praise the lord!

Was also under this belief, initially.

After how they patched it not long ago it would be odd if they were to shut it down already.

DooMAD said:

Been playing the Eastern Sun mod which gets pretty damn buggy over LAN, but don't recall having any issues with the unmodded original.

I wish someone could revive SG's Runemod from the 1.09 days. That was a lot of fun.