Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
printz

Can new sites be hosted on Doomworld?

Recently my "Top IDGAMES list" from my signature has become inaccessible because Dropbox changed its policy not to host HTML webpages. When I talked about this on IRC, someone suggested me that maybe I ask if Doomworld.com can host some new resource site (such as "/printz" for me). Is Doomworld.com now fully owned by the Doomworld admins, or does it still have ties with the old hosts (e.g. like how AtomicGamer was -- some sites were in limbo, for example /eternity, because Quasar couldn't just ask the Doomworld guys for a password reset).

If I had a Doomworld site, I'd publish in it the following things:

- top /idgames popularity list [might depend on a database though; dunno how available is that]
- various Doom open-source projects (editors, tools, AutoDoom, Eternity custom stuff maybe)
- pages for any wads I might release (with links to /idgames).

I know it may not be the most appealing but I'd be happy to host some stuff on my hosting package if you purchase a domain name. I'd prefer it if you had a different solution but I'll throw it out there as a possible option.

Bloodshedder said:

Or use Updog?

Heh. I'm honestly shocked that's a legit hosting site, and not a rickroll-like twist on the age old "what's updog?".

I'm actually (kind of) disappointed in the missed opportunity.