Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SyntherAugustus

SMOKING MONKEYS!!!!

If you are in america, you'll probably notice that the youth anti-smoking organization is now making ads with animals on it. I just saw it on TV with my dad. God that was freaky as hell. Talk about animal abuse.

I was watching tv. then a monkey (not a cartoon) was shown on the screen SMOKING CIGERETTES. "You want your kids hanging out with this guy? NO. Prevent your kids from smoking-"
And all that other no kid smoking blah blah.

Believe it or not, the monkey was actually liking the cigerette.

If I choose to smoke, which I have made that choice, it is MY CHOICE. These anti-smoking commercials cut into my Simpsons time!

bigbadgangsta said:

If I choose to smoke, which I have made that choice, it is MY CHOICE

heh, the smoking monkey is bbg. nah, jk.

bigbadgangsta said:

If I choose to smoke, which I have made that choice, it is MY CHOICE. These anti-smoking commercials cut into my Simpsons time!

Yeah, if you want to die at 35, die at 35! No one cares about you! :P

Anyway, they have to show some sort of commercials there, so they're really not eating away into your Simpsons time...and smoking really is pretty nasty.

If I wanna die at 35, I'll just send a little message to every cell in my body to BURST INTO FLAMES.

Submerge said:

If I wanna die at 35, I'll just send a little message to every cell in my body to BURST INTO FLAMES.

Oh, so that's how people spontaneously combust.

Submerge said:

You, my friend, have been playing way the hell too much Parasite Eve.

Smoking is one of those topics that is impossible to argue and win. You'll invariably have the "it is my God-given right to smoke" people and the "it is my God-given right to have everyone else in the world not smoke" people.

Where I grew up, the discussion was mostly academic, since the MoMos consider tobacco a "sin", therefore the state has it all but banned completely.

Back on the original topic, I can't help but wonder how much of this anti-tobacco activism is some kind of reverse-psychology advertising by Big T. You igure these kids they show are so fucking square, smoking has to be cool by comparaison. Not that I give a shit about concepts of "cool" or "square."

Why does it matter? You're acting like the monkey will get hooked on the ci's and the owners of it will keep supplying them to him. Why would any one spend extra money on an already expencive habbit because their little monkey wants it?. Also, even if they did I doubt a monkeys life span is long enough to even be at risk from any harm from the smoke. Then again I don't know much about monkies... even though it seems like I talk to a lot of them.

hmmm, is that commercial with monkey where they say: You look the same... hmm, i dont think that smokin monkeys are really enjoys to burn it lungs... or maybe its just a stupid monkey?... anyway, smoking helps you to cool down, to slow down, and to have rest... but the cost is your activity and dexterity... your helth and other crap and abilities of your body that you may never use in future... i think...

Archvile64 said:

Oh, so that's how people spontaneously combust.

Yes it's really easy. A real party starter. Whoops. it happened again. put it out! put it out!

Well, while I was on holiday, I was watching the Simpsons, at 6pm, and they had an ad for preventing/getting rid of geneital herpes...heh. Weird for a 6pm show.

And trying to ban smoking will be like trying to take away the human need for water. People will still smoke if it is banned.

Preventing smoking is stupid. So many people smoke anyways so lots of people will probably still die from passive smoking.

fodders said:

Chimps? 40-50 years.

oh, I thought it was like 20-30, Well, still, who would keep buying a box of cigarets (or more if the monkey is a heavy smoker) every week for thier little chimp? God damn... and the sad thing is some people are so rich they probably would. Whatever happened to donating money to charities?

/me goes to donate to the strange bird foundation.

Insomniac said:

take a good look at you avatar, AV,

I can't control what my fish does.

Archvile64 said:

I can't control what my fish does.

What kind of parent are you? Not even bothering to stop your poor little fishy from such a wreckles killing and self desctructive habit?! YOU MAKE ME SICK!

orion said:

What kind of parent are you? Not even bothering to stop your poor little fishy from such a wreckles killing and self desctructive habit?! YOU MAKE ME SICK!

*shrug*

It's invincible.

Unicorn_X said:

somking should be banned

So should you

(hey, if I didn't say it, somebody else would have ;)

Well, I know that in the 60s they used to give cigarettes as treats to the primates that were being studied for intelligence and so on. I doubt they do it now though.

Silly anecdote:
In Spain the feeling of craving for a cigarette is called "mono", which also means "monkey". Funny world eh?

Why do those truth.com people have to been so single-issue oriented when there's bigger shit going down against people's wishes? We all freaking know that cigarettes are bad. Damn freaking pansies should try going after assholes like Monsanto that poison everyone with "normal" food just to squease a few extra cents out of production here and there.

CHIMPANZEES ARE NOT MONKEYS

Anyway, tobacco is a retarded drug. If I ever actualy had a chance to do drugs, I would do weed. Much safer.

Also, they ran these commercials showing destroyed, disentigrating lungs and hearts and old women with holes in their throats during dinner time every day for a while. I churned up enough projectile vomit that I shorted out the TV and we had to get it replaced several times.

Just kidding. We've had the same TV for 30 years.