Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blastfrog

Widescreen status bar

Just a little something I made.

Worth noting that this can be implemented with no adverse effects. Ports that don't support widescreen will simply not show the extra material.

Alright, I did that, made it less repetitive (left side replaced), made the top two lines softer so that it doesn't look cut off, softened the right side of the 4:3 area so that it doesn't look messy in 4:3, and also extended the width so that it can cover the whole area of 21:9 monitors for the few users that may have them.

I think I'll consider this one final.

EDIT: Well, fuck. It crashes vanilla, I didn't think it would. Oh well, I guess this project could make use of it, seeing as their Freedoom status bar is woefully out of date.

Then again, it could still be included in the IWAD for ZDoom with SBARINFO. Example WAD here.

Blastfrog said:

Then again, it could still be included in the IWAD for ZDoom with SBARINFO. Example WAD here.

Why not? Vanilla Doom/Boom overlooks any Zdoom stuff, doesn't it? I mean FreeDM has a MAPINFO, and it's still vanilla compatible.

So, why not put this status bar in FreeDM, because why not?
Something that was proposed by protox long ago: https://github.com/freedoom/freedoom/issues/82