Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Voros

Did you see the new MS Paint?

Now it's too complex to be a time waster for schoolchildren in computer class.

TraceOfSpades was losered for 24 hours for this post.

Heh, i see people are starting to use the sub tags

On topic: i think its really cool. More flexible.

DaIcemann76 said:

I remember I used to keep an old copy of Paintbrush around just because it had one feature I used that wasn't in Paint -- but now I have completely forgotten what it was.

That said, I do keep using the Vista Paint around just so as not to have the fucking ribbon. Toolbar forever.

Also I fondly remember GEM Paint because it has a really nifty "pattern fill bucket" and that was really cool. You could select part of the image to be the pattern, and then when you used the fill bucket it automatically tiled that pattern!

The Windows 3.1 era MS Paint image is weird because I have so many childhood memories associated with it. Whoa. So the new one is looking pretty effing amazing. It's incredibly how powerful even basic software is now.

LittleInferno said:

Atom and Electron. Try me.

Wat. How do you draw anything with those? It defies the laws of chemistry.

Art is a form of expression, just having a thought in your head that you do nothing with is practically the antithesis of expressing something.

I don't think i'll ever start using something other than paint.net for image editing. I just got used to it so much.
Though, i do rarely use Gimp 2 for stuff that paint.net can't do.

TraceOfSpades said:

Imagination...the earliest art form.

Nah, cave paintings are the earliest art forms.

A picture is just a manifestation of what's inside the artist's mind. The true art is that mind.

Back on topic, is this a child/beginner/amateur's 3D model editor? Just like how Win7 MSPaint is poor man's picture designer, with wannabe artistic brushes and flawed vector image attempt.

I commend Microsoft for setting the standard higher this time. I can see it going well with their augmented reality vision. Meanwhile, Apple have NOTHING equivalent (it's either basic photo viewing/processing or buy something professional/GIMP-like).

What's up with this shitposting going on lately? Doomworld is doomed.

I remember the time I used Kid Pix at elementary school... that thing was awesome back when the days were young.

printz said:

What's up with this shitposting going on lately? Doomworld is doomed.

...wags finger at the shitposters... SHAME

joe-ilya said:

This interface is super awful and horrible. Instead of just clicking on a brush that's right there, you have to first click on the brush menu and then select it. You don't get to know which brush is currently selected just by looking at the UI either. Same for brush thickness and shape. It's really, really a terrible interface. And it even eats up more screen space than the old sidebar -- it has absolutely zero merit.

Ummmm...

You don't have to click at the brush menu, just click on the brush icon and you're set, you can easily see which brush/shape is chosen by simply looking at the brush icon, if you want to see thickness, it's a click away on a panel called "Size".
The space it takes doesn't matter as it gives you more interface.

Voros said:

Heh, i see people are starting to use the sub tags

On topic: i think its really cool. More flexible.

Sub tags?