Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lil'devil

What kind of liquid does health bonus contain?

Powerslave said:

in the book/ novel the soulsphere covers flynn in a blue liquid, maybe the health bonus' have this exact liquid.

I do not consider the novels to be canon.

And for God's sake, his name is NOT Flynn! He's just Doomguy!

My dirty ass mind wants to say something completely disgusting lmao

I'll just assume it's some sort of special chemical processed to be edible.

It's likely the same blue goop in Corvus's health vials. The real question is what's in that mystic urn...

The same blue liquid that's in the bottles in Prince of Persia 1 that hurt the prince when he drinks them, but Doomguy can withstand more than him.

LittleInferno said:

Rayleigh Scattering makes it blue. No it totally doesn't matter if the level is indoors or the fact that the sky is fucking brown.

Heh, same with the water flats.

Sgt Ender said:

Are the tears from the one in your avatar?

How else can so many bottles get filled up?

2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzodioxin and Dibenzo-1,4-dioxin.

They have fancy names so now they are good for you. Don't ask why two solids can be a liquid.

My sources:

Rossberg, Manfred; Lendle, Wilhelm; Pfleiderer, Gerhard; Tögel, Adolf; Hitler, Eberhard-Ludwig; Langer, Ernst; Rassaerts, Heinz; Kleinschmidt, Peter; Strack, Heinz; Cook, Richard; Beck, Uwe; Lipper, Karl-August; Torkelson, Theodore R.; Löser, Eckhard; Beutel, Klaus K.; Mann, Trevor (2006). "Ullmann's Encyclopedia of fucking bullshit- Chlorinated phallic carbons". doi:10.1002/14356007.a06_233.pub2. ISBN 3527306730.
Robertson, edited by Larry W.; Hansen, Larry G. (2001). PCBs : recent advances in your mom's toxicology and health effects. Lexington, Ky.: University Press of Kenfucky. p. 11. ISBN 0813122260.
Porta, M; Zumeta, E (2002). "Implementing the false Treaty on Persistent Organic facials". Occupational and Environmental Medicine. 10 (59): 651–2. doi:10.1136/oem.59.10.651. PMC 1740221free to fuck. PMID 12356922.

Powerslave said:

in the book/ novel the soulsphere covers flynn in a blue liquid, maybe the health bonus' have this exact liquid.

Yes, but the second book, Hell On Earth, has Revenants wearing t-shirts and red boxing shorts.

Piper Maru said:

Yes, but the second book, Hell On Earth, has Revenants wearing t-shirts and red boxing shorts.

Yeah...but is that really so bad? I remember being a kid and playing doom. I thought they were wearing clothes, too.

I actually used to see the health bonuses as Kool-Aid of some sort. And I still do sometimes, which makes me wanna pick them up so badly.

TraceOfSpades said:

Yeah...but is that really so bad? I remember being a kid and playing doom. I thought they were wearing clothes, too.

Well if the authors of the Doom novels were just kids at the time of writing the novels, I'll let it pass.

Powerslave said:

I cannot NOT think of those slime toys for kids ever since I found out about how the soul spheres work.

"Supercharge!"

Piper Maru said:

yeah im still reading the first novel, but i should have noticed something was up. IT'S BARON OF HELL NOT HELL PRINCE. plus dont they call cacodemons pumpkins

Piper Maru said:

Well if the authors of the Doom novels were just kids at the time of writing the novels, I'll let it pass.

Well, considering how...ahem..."well" they were written...that wouldn't surprise me.

I don't think blue colored cool-aid or fanta would give you a health bonus. You'd rather lose one health per bottle in that case.

Well, in diaper ads, blue liquid represents number one and green slime represents number 2. So now you know what the blue "water" and green "nukage" really are ;-)